or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 34

post #496 of 11023
Sizing for the Hiro last

L 294mm shoe sole 7,5UK. - L 290mm shoe sole 7UK
W 103mm shoe sole 7,5UK. - W 101mm shoe sole 7UK
L 276mm last 7,5UK. - L 272mm last 7UK
W 099mm last 7,5UK. - W 097mm last 7UK
Feet25,8cm Feet 25,4 cm 7UK
post #497 of 11023
pm'd dima.
post #498 of 11023
Quote:

 

RDiaz, I'm thinking about ordering a matching belt from Meermin. Have you seen their belts and could you comment on their quality?

Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to their belts, but I'm planning a visit to the store soon to check out the dissected models they have and see if they use gemming or a carved feather (I'm quite sure their classic line uses gemming, but not so sure about Linea Maestro). I could have a look at their belts, too.

post #499 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post


Photobucket
Ordered some of these just to see what all the fuss is about !! Will post pics and update as soon as they arrive hopefully this week ive been advised. Have to say the folks at Meermin were a delight to deal with... rapid responses to emails and very very helpful. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 </ These look quite similar to the new Loake Cannon in the 1818 line. Any thoughts as to how they compare, as I was planning to order a pair.

post #500 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

Suede Meermin Monks.
Sizing: 12UK in all C&J, AS, EG, Carmina. 12UK in Meermin.
Last: Ama.
Line: Classic
Quality pretty good suede.
Value: Quality+ style = Great.
Service :Pepe is fantastic
Shipping:Correos (Spanish Postal Service) , about 10 days to NY.
Will buy again= Yes, maestro MTO next.
350350350350350

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahgspot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by renn View Post

350x251px-LL-704b4a35_T2wYWkXoNaXXXXXXXX_468138525.jpeg

350x250px-LL-a4629518_T2AZOkXmhXXXXXXXXX_468138525.jpeg

How about these?

I think there must be a Chinese sole manufacturer with that name. Meermin shoes ARE MADE IN MALLORCA, SPAIN. The soles that you are showing are generic rubber sole designs with a brand imprint on them that has nothing in common other than the name with Meermin (Spain). Note that on the Meermin tumblr site the soles shown, even the identical generic style to the ones in the Chinese pics, are completely different and have different branding.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by renn View Post



meermin.jpg

These are made in China

As you can see, "Meermin rubber top"

Pic was found on an C2C site.

But I have no idea if they are just samples or final product.

 

pics from offcial site

photo from official website. 

post #501 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTM View Post

 These look quite similar to the new Loake Cannon in the 1818 line. Any thoughts as to how they compare, as I was planning to order a pair.

From all the info I've gathered up about Meermin and experience had with Loake's leather, I'm quite sure the Meermins are far more superior in quality.
post #502 of 11023
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Hiro last in comparison to the Loake capital last?
post #503 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Upright Man View Post

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Hiro last in comparison to the Loake capital last?

I am also interested to know, as the double monks above are in that last. Can anyone tell me the appropriate size if I wear a US size 10D in Allen Edmonds?  Can anyone confirm the total cost, including shipping and less VAT for the Classic line ( such as this double monk)  to the United States?  Is there also any additional import duties to the US?  I am new to ordering from overseas.

post #504 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTM View Post

I am also interested to know, as the double monks above are in that last. Can anyone tell me the appropriate size if I wear a US size 10D in Allen Edmonds?  Can anyone confirm the total cost, including shipping and less VAT for the Classic line ( such as this double monk)  to the United States?  Is there also any additional import duties to the US?  I am new to ordering from overseas.

Meermin double monks are €162.12 shipped to N.A. via UPS (€127.12 VAT free + €35 shipping).

If your are a US10D, you will need a UK9F in the Loake Capital last. Length should be perfect, although I feel the width falls somewhere between a US D and E width based on a previous experience with another shoe made on the Capital last.
post #505 of 11023
My suedes are due to arrive the 29th smile.gif
post #506 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post


Meermin double monks are €162.12 shipped to N.A. via UPS (€127.12 VAT free + €35 shipping).
If your are a US10D, you will need a UK9F in the Loake Capital last. Length should be perfect, although I feel the width falls somewhere between a US D and E width based on a previous experience with another shoe made on the Capital last.

Thanks for this information - I was actually trying to ascertain the correct size for the Meermin monk on the Hiro last.  Any knowledge on this?

post #507 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post

[URL=http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n600/kev7777/?action=view">
[/URL]

Ordered some of these just to see what all the fuss is about !! Will post pics and update as soon as they arrive hopefully this week ive been advised. Have to say the folks at Meermin were a delight to deal with... rapid responses to emails and very very helpful. icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
  These look quite similar to the new Loake Cannon in the 1818 line. Any thoughts as to how they compare, as I was planning to order a pair.

I have absolutely no idea, im guessing they are better as someone has already mentioned. I was just in the market for a pair and thought what the heck give it a go. At these prices ?? que sera!! JUst thought i'd give it a whirl and see what the fuss is all about. My Carminas are wonderful and my logic is its the same people .............. lets see. Delivery expected soon so i'll report back as and when.
post #508 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post


I have absolutely no idea, im guessing they are better as someone has already mentioned. I was just in the market for a pair and thought what the heck give it a go. At these prices ?? que sera!! JUst thought i'd give it a whirl and see what the fuss is all about. My Carminas are wonderful and my logic is its the same people .............. lets see. Delivery expected soon so i'll report back as and when.

Please do, I want to purchase a pair and your response will sway me either way.

post #509 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by renn View Post

 

 

pics from offcial site

photo from official website. 

 

Could it be that Meermin supplies soles to other manufacturers?

 

Anyways, if they're made in China I couldn't care less. I don't see how a Chinese factory would be different from a Spanish one...

post #510 of 11023
233 211
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes