or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 326

post #4876 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

It looks like it wasn't incorporated, which is disappointing.

 

I noticed it as well. *sigh* Oh well.

post #4877 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post


I am not part of the group buy but I recall some asked that the eyelet spacing vary in width (taper towards the top), however in these photos they appear to be equally spaced. Was this change not incorporated? Maybe I'm not seeing things correctly or the spacing may change once lasted?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

I noticed it as well. *sigh* Oh well.

 

The final 20% towards perfection is hardest to implement.  :(

post #4878 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


The final 20% towards perfection is hardest to implement.  frown.gif

An of course no way to correct it eh.gif
post #4879 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


The final 20% towards perfection is hardest to implement.  frown.gif

An of course no way to correct it eh.gif

 

The OP is quite a ways up, but it looks as if the bottom pair of eyelets are further apart than the rest?

post #4880 of 10973

So I pulled the trigger on getting a pair of MTO shoes. Primarily because I wanted cordovan and didn't like any of the color/last combinations.

 

We will see how long it takes to come in.  I'll post pictures to add to the shoe porn when I can.

 

Style:  101332 Whole Cut
Last: Ama
Construction: GY2
Upper: Shell cordovan -- Light Brown/Cuero
Lining: Light brown - Calf
Sole -- Double Leather
Sole Finishing -- Planta Paloma -- Light brown, Dark Brown
Edge Finishing -- Match the upper

 

Size: 8UK -- I'm a 9D in AE Lasts 5 and 7 -- I'll trust Pepe and hope they will fit.

 

Lets hope that I don't have any customs/duty problems.

 

Cheers!

post #4881 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

The OP is quite a ways up, but it looks as if the bottom pair of eyelets are further apart than the rest?
I have to agree. I think it's not as shaped as some would like, and in some shots the eyelets look colinear, but in other camera angles there is definitely some shape there.
post #4882 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodoodoot View Post

So I pulled the trigger on getting a pair of MTO shoes. Primarily because I wanted cordovan and didn't like any of the color/last combinations.

 

We will see how long it takes to come in.  I'll post pictures to add to the shoe porn when I can.

 

Style:  101332 Whole Cut
Last: Ama
Construction: GY2
Upper: Shell cordovan -- Light Brown/Cuero
Lining: Light brown - Calf
Sole -- Double Leather
Sole Finishing -- Planta Paloma -- Light brown, Dark Brown
Edge Finishing -- Match the upper

 

Size: 8UK -- I'm a 9D in AE Lasts 5 and 7 -- I'll trust Pepe and hope they will fit.

 

Lets hope that I don't have any customs/duty problems.

 

Cheers!

Be very interested to see how well they execute a wholecut in shell. I avoided their shell so far due to the ugly ass inner seam in the 4th picture of model 101426

post #4883 of 10973
After a month wait, I received my Classic Whiskey pebble grain double monks on Friday. Overall very happy with them. I ordered using the foot measurement technique Meermin recommends and the fit is perfect - which is a big relief. The quality and workmanship is very good for the price. Only slight critcism is that the pebble grain leather is thicker on one shoe than the other, which means the shoes creases slightly differently. But as I said, I'm very happy with the purchase.
post #4884 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Be very interested to see how well they execute a wholecut in shell. I avoided their shell so far due to the ugly ass inner seam in the 4th picture of model 101426

I was about to order a set of those shell derbies too until I saw that! I really don't understand why it's there. I mean I would expect it's possibly because their shells are smaller than horween/other providers but presumedly smaller pairs could be made without that, or you can go to a style similar to the 101090. (obviously without the captoe)

post #4885 of 10973

After 7days of placing an order, the order status says the order is initiated...i feel like this is going to take forever.. 

post #4886 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStanced View Post

After 7days of placing an order, the order status says the order is initiated...i feel like this is going to take forever.. 

 

My order was placed on the 3rd and initiated on the 5th. They say the turnaround time is about a month. So, I would try to wait about that long before getting to anxious about it.

post #4887 of 10973
Definitely need to be patient - my order was initiated on the 5th Feb and was only sent out by them on 22nd March.

If you are impatient by nature you'll have to learn to chill - for my experience, one pair was ready for shipment (after the 30 days wait) however the other pair I had ordered had an additional 15 days wait so I ask for an alternative model in my size.

I've gone for x2 dub monks in the classic line, one dark brown the other dark brown suede icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Looking forward to getting them - anyone here had any import tax issues with receiving in these in NY?
post #4888 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStanced View Post

After 7days of placing an order, the order status says the order is initiated...i feel like this is going to take forever.. 

 

Patience is definitely the key. Just hope you don't have to wait as long as I have. I ordered a pair of dub monks on December 24th, and I've yet to receive them.

post #4889 of 10973

I am looking for a new pair of meermin and i'm interested in something causal (brown calf etc), perhaps a derby?

 

Any tips? I use Loake Aldwych today and i like that last. Any recommendations?

post #4890 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz3Pickz View Post

 

Patience is definitely the key. Just hope you don't have to wait as long as I have. I ordered a pair of dub monks on December 24th, and I've yet to receive them.

I agree with the need to be patient but that may be a little too patient.  Have you contacted anyone at the company to ask what the deal is?  I ordered two pair on Jan 12th, had to change up one pair to another model to get them in time for a trip after about 40 days and finally received the second pair around 60 days after ordering.  Even so, I don't think my order would have come as quickly as it did if I hadn't started politely emailing them asking about progress and letting them know my needs.

 

I'm a big fan of Meermin's quality and service but they absolutely must do something about these delays.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes