or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 33

post #481 of 11062
Quote:
 wow, i would say they held up really well. anything else on the way?

 

Yeah, I have a couple weddings this summer and since they're not very formal I might look into a pair of cognac wingtips to go with a tan suit... probably from the classic collection again. Linea Maestro looks great but I can get Carminas for their price (from a small selection of models), and money is running low anyways tounge.gif

post #482 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Yeah, I have a couple weddings this summer and since they're not very formal I might look into a pair of cognac wingtips to go with a tan suit... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
probably from the classic collection again. Linea Maestro looks great but I can get Carminas for their price (from a small selection of models), and money is running low anyways tounge.gif

which ones are not formal?
post #483 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Looking very nice. 

Regular Hiro Last or modified? GY1 or GY2 Hand welted?

In what aspect are they 'inferior' to C&J Handgrade/Carmina? 

I would go for suede oxford, but that's just me.

Look forward to some pictures after a couple weeks of hard break-in!

Hard to say exactly what it is that is "inferior" as they are nice overall.

Id say the finishing on the sole isnt as "perfect" and the stitching around the sole again isnt as neat as the others. This is only on very close inspection though!

The inner leather lining is also a cheaper finish (thinner?) and was evident after 6hour of wear ... Got a blister on my heel despite a perfect fit, these are quite hard and will need quite a beating to break in (wasnt so bad on cj or carminas)

Still very happy with them and have had numerous compliments today
post #484 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

They're from the classic collection.

 

RDiaz, which last are these?

post #485 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Hard to say exactly what it is that is "inferior" as they are nice overall.
Id say the finishing on the sole isnt as "perfect" and the stitching around the sole again isnt as neat as the others. This is only on very close inspection though!
The inner leather lining is also a cheaper finish (thinner?) and was evident after 6hour of wear ... Got a blister on my heel despite a perfect fit, these are quite hard and will need quite a beating to break in (wasnt so bad on cj or carminas)
Still very happy with them and have had numerous compliments today

Were these MTO or stocked? Classic or Linea Maestro?

Thanks!
post #486 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

RDiaz, which last are these?

 

It's the Hiro last. The model in question is this one: http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925

 

The last looks much rounder in my pictures for some reason, but in real life it looks more like the website pictures.

post #487 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


which ones are not formal?

It's the weddings that are not very formal... which makes wingtips appropiate (I've always seen them as somewhat informal shoes).

Meermin makes some nice looking wingtips, too bad they don't appear on their site.

post #488 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

It's the weddings that are not very formal... which makes wingtips appropiate (I've always seen them as somewhat informal shoes).

Meermin makes some nice looking wingtips, too bad they don't appear on their site.

 

I've been less than impressed with the variety of choices on the website.  Is the selection in the store significantly better?  Can we hope the internet selection will improve with time?

post #489 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I've been less than impressed with the variety of choices on the website.  Is the selection in the store significantly better?  Can we hope the internet selection will improve with time?

 Yes, there is a wider selection at the store, specially Linea Maestro. The website catalog is more than likely to grow bigger.

post #490 of 11062

RDiaz, I'm thinking about ordering a matching belt from Meermin.  Have you seen their belts and could you comment on their quality?

post #491 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullswin View Post

Were these MTO or stocked? Classic or Linea Maestro?
Thanks!

Stock classic .. Was first order to get my sizing right.

Considering a mto which is made to linea maestro quality. Think mto is 300eur whereas stock classic was 150eur? They dont do metal toe caps on mto which is a shame.
post #492 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post

Photobucket
Ordered some of these just to see what all the fuss is about !! Will post pics and update as soon as they arrive hopefully this week ive been advised. Have to say the folks at Meermin were a delight to deal with... rapid responses to emails and very very helpful. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Same here, although I've been told it'll be about 2 weeks before they restock my size. Really great customer service so far and super fast e-mail responses by José and Sandro.
post #493 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post

Photobucket
Ordered some of these just to see what all the fuss is about !! Will post pics and update as soon as they arrive hopefully this week ive been advised. Have to say the folks at Meermin were a delight to deal with... rapid responses to emails and very very helpful. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Same here, although I've been told it'll be about 2 weeks before they restock my size. Really great customer service so far and super fast e-mail responses by José and Sandro.

About the same then as i ordered over a week ago ish.
post #494 of 11062

One more question.

I've send a message via form on their website about 5 or 6 days ago and still didn't get any answer. Maybe it doesn't work or something.

In this thread a mysterious guy Pepe was mentioned a few times. Could anyone share a contact?

post #495 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima View Post

One more question.
I've send a message via form on their website about 5 or 6 days ago and still didn't get any answer. Maybe it doesn't work or something.
In this thread a mysterious guy Pepe was mentioned a few times. Could anyone share a contact?

Try the email address listed within their tumblr. http://meermin.tumblr.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes