or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 317

post #4741 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

gaaah, and such a simple design too

Missed out the last tho!! Olfe?

post #4742 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I am interested in the Hiro last.
Anyone willing to tell me how it compares for you in fit to Vass F, C&J 337 and 348?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

For me it fits equally to the 348, maybe a tiny bit smaller.

Wait, really? That sounds like it's fairly narrow. C&J 240 is too narrow for me, and the 348 is supposedly more narrow than than.

Too bad for me.
post #4743 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

meermin linea maesto burgundy shell cordovan double monk captoe boot with silver buckles and navy lining mto on double rubber dainite sole, brown edge trim. shaft lengthened resembling a blucher or balmoral boot
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Which last? You left that out.

Edit: ozzyjones asked the same question before me...
post #4744 of 10269
oooollfe
post #4745 of 10269
Nice shoes, but Meermin is killing me with the narrow lasts...
post #4746 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post


Just curious if you ordered trees with the shoes?


No trees. I started to, but heard trees cause int'l customs problems & are overpriced, so I had them removed from my order. I answered FedEx's questions to the best of my ability but they said they needed more info so they're contacting Meermin. Not sure what the outcome will be.


Edited by The Rural Juror - 3/15/13 at 1:26pm
post #4747 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

oooollfe

Yaas! My MTO's Oooooolfe!

post #4748 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Wait, really? That sounds like it's fairly narrow. C&J 240 is too narrow for me, and the 348 is supposedly more narrow than than.

Too bad for me.

The Lowndes I have on the 348 aren't really narrow, as I have wide feet. If you have normal to wide feet, the Hiro should fit! If you are known with the AE #5 last, I would advise a half size down if it's a bit tight, and a whole size down if it is a bit loose.
post #4749 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post



Wait, really? That sounds like it's fairly narrow. C&J 240 is too narrow for me, and the 348 is supposedly more narrow than than.

Too bad for me.

 

Others have reported the Hiro last as being about the same as AE's 5 last or maybe even a little bigger.  Based on the last and sole measurements Pepe sent me, this sounds accurate to me.

post #4750 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

The Lowndes I have on the 348 aren't really narrow, as I have wide feet. If you have normal to wide feet, the Hiro should fit! If you are known with the AE #5 last, I would advise a half size down if it's a bit tight, and a whole size down if it is a bit loose.

This sounds better. However, I've seen posts that the 348 is narrower than the 240, and the 240 is definitely too narrow for me (both narrower than 337).

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Others have reported the Hiro last as being about the same as AE's 5 last or maybe even a little bigger.  Based on the last and sole measurements Pepe sent me, this sounds accurate to me.

But if you both think Hiro is about the same as AE 5, then it would work for me!
post #4751 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Others have reported the Hiro last as being about the same as AE's 5 last or maybe even a little bigger.  Based on the last and sole measurements Pepe sent me, this sounds accurate to me.

That I don't agree; I have a pair of AE FA in 8D where I use a thin insoles, where the size 7 Hiro cap toes fits me quite perfect, maybe a bit on the tight side before break-in.
post #4752 of 10269

Any pointers on sizing when comparing to the Cheaney 147, Loake 026 and Loake Legend lasts? I'm a UK 9.5 in all of those, so applying the same to the Hiro last would probably fit me?

 

Saw some search results about Loake 024 last but not 026, pardon me if this has been discussed a lot of times before.

post #4753 of 10269
I would go for the 9.5 if that's what fits you on the Loake 026 last.
post #4754 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post


That I don't agree; I have a pair of AE FA in 8D where I use a thin insoles, where the size 7 Hiro cap toes fits me quite perfect, maybe a bit on the tight side before break-in.

 

 

Guys I'm screwed.

 

I'm a 6D in AE Park Ave (yes I know, small feet, blah blah blah) and I ordered a 5.5 in the Dub Monks...

 

puzzled.gif

 

Should I just go ahead and cancel the order?

post #4755 of 10269
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadykay sf View Post


Guys I'm screwed.

I'm a 6D in AE Park Ave (yes I know, small feet, blah blah blah) and I ordered a 5.5 in the Dub Monks...

puzzled.gif

Should I just go ahead and cancel the order?
Why would you, isn't that about right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes