wow, the medallion on your left shoe is really not straight
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir RenovateurLast edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 309
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4622 of 144673/6/13 at 11:30am
Wow, you really do try to say something negative every chance you get. In actuality, the medallions are both straight and any appearance otherwise is distortion from the Iphone picture. The medallions are not perfect, though. It's not very noticeable in the picture, but the right shoe medallion uses larger holes and is more spead out than the medallion on the left shoe. There were also finishing issues when they arrived, but Saphir cordovan creme has done wonders for the finish.post #4623 of 144673/6/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
Wow, you really do try to say something negative every chance you get. In actuality, the medallions are both straight and any appearance otherwise is distortion from the Iphone picture. The medallions are not perfect, though. It's not very noticeable in the picture, but the right shoe medallion uses larger holes and is more spead out than the medallion on the left shoe. There were also finishing issues when they arrived, but Saphir cordovan creme has done wonders for the finish.
I think you are wrong. Medallion on left toe is totally off centered, not due to lasting but during closing...post #4624 of 144673/6/13 at 11:40ampost #4625 of 144673/6/13 at 11:42amQuote:
Alright, I took another picture from a different angle to prove this is wrong and it turned out the same. I now see what you mean. The medallion is centered the same on both shoes, but the tip veers off towards the outside of the shoe on the left shoe. Oh well, if it took me five months and an extreme close-up picture of the shoe to notice it. I'm fine with it.post #4626 of 144673/6/13 at 12:10pmpost #4627 of 144673/6/13 at 12:23pmpost #4628 of 144673/6/13 at 12:34pm
I was starting to get the same feeling as when I read about my health symptoms online... in my mind, the comment on my order asking about shoe trees was turning into wasted money and a customs nightmare. So I emailed Meermin. Louisa responded within a couple of hours and told me not to worry: the shoe trees were removed.post #4629 of 144673/6/13 at 10:31pmpost #4630 of 144673/6/13 at 11:55pmQuote:
I so badly want this Carmina shoe, but am not fond of the price:
Hmmm... may have to look at a Meermin MTO in Tan Scapa or Light Brown... temptations.post #4631 of 144673/7/13 at 12:42amQuote:Originally Posted by ddsg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are really lovely. I'm after a pair of austerity brogues in burgundy but they're proving hard to come by. These are a MTO right? How much did they come to? Calf or shell? How long did they take?post #4632 of 144673/7/13 at 5:10ampost #4633 of 144673/7/13 at 5:14ampost #4634 of 144673/7/13 at 5:23ampost #4635 of 144673/7/13 at 5:29am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 5 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 5 minutes ago
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...