or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 307

post #4591 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessBreak View Post


Thanks for taking the pic.

Wow, perhaps my monitor is off, but this looks like a totally different color than Meermin's stock photo for the light brown calf.http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1950

Once you get the shoes in-hand, could you please post another photo as well as your impression of the color?

Thanks.

Yes, I said the same thing. I thought maybe it was the lighting, but it could be they screwed up my order (but that color looks amazing aswell). My father is actually partly color blind so his word insn't the best ! haha. I will post a picture on Thursday, no worries!

post #4592 of 11966
That looks like they sent you the darker version http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338
my pair look like that in direct light.
post #4593 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieyric View Post

That looks like they sent you the darker version http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338
my pair look like that in direct light.

Hm..you may be right. Either way, I think both look beautiful so I am not terribly upset.

post #4594 of 11966
Kenjias:
For starters about the width of the New Rey. It says E- on the Meermin webpage. Also having tried various AE A, B and C lasts I find the New Rey to match an AE B width.

Then about the instep. I think you could survive a Hiro last but would definitely need to correct your instep with tongue pads. A good idea is to try on a pair of AE Neumora double monks if possible. If you can manage those with tongue pads, then the Hiro should be fine. Just my 2 C tho.
post #4595 of 11966

Is here anyone who ordered since the start of the year? What is the state of your order?

 

It's been 6 weeks since my last updated ("order initiated").

 

 

Now, I understand there can be delays. However, when I asked Louisa on what is the state of my order I received the following response:

 

"Dear Sir,

When the shoes will be ready to ship we advise you."

 

 

Honestly, it's not the delay that pissed me off, it's this response. I thought they pride themselves on customer service, this, to me, is anything but. Especially, since in her last response (2 weeks before, same questions), she responded by reminding me the waiting time is 30 days.

post #4596 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadykay sf View Post

So you guys are saying if one is a 7.5D in AE Park Ave, a 7 UK will suffice?

 

Will depend on last. I'm a 9.5D in AE Fifth Ave, and a 8.5UK in the Olfe last is a perfect fit (I'd even say it's a tiny bit wider in the toe box than the 9.5D). An 8.5UK in the Hiro last (double monks) gives me a bit of heel slippage and a noticeably more room in the toe box.

post #4597 of 11966
There are two colours of the snuff suede, dark brown and light brown. Which one looks better?
post #4598 of 11966

Sorry in advance for another sizing question.

 

For people going up a half size from their standard UK length to fit the New Rey last (alternatively, down 0.5 from US length), would you actually fit lengthwise had your foot been a little narrower? I've asked Meermin but it's tough to say for sure, since complicating matters is that my feet are different lengths.

 

A lot of people in the thread said that the Olfe and Hiro are both around a D, maybe a little wider in some cases. Then the New Rey jumps all the way down to a B, when it's described as only one size down (E-) at Meermin's site.

 

I'm trying to gauge if I would fit at the "correct" length, since my foot is a C width (US). Maybe the shoe will stretch out a little?

post #4599 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

Sorry in advance for another sizing question.

 

For people going up a half size from their standard UK length to fit the New Rey last (alternatively, down 0.5 from US length), would you actually fit lengthwise had your foot been a little narrower? I've asked Meermin but it's tough to say for sure, since complicating matters is that my feet are different lengths.

 

A lot of people in the thread said that the Olfe and Hiro are both around a D, maybe a little wider in some cases. Then the New Rey jumps all the way down to a B, when it's described as only one size down (E-) at Meermin's site.

 

I'm trying to gauge if I would fit at the "correct" length, since my foot is a C width (US). Maybe the shoe will stretch out a little?


Always, always choose a fitting width first and only then the length. When you use a snug last, the size you take can be 0.5 sizes too long and it makes no difference on how the shoe fits. Shoes primarily fit because of a good last width and instep, not because of the length. Length is only a secondary or tertiary concern when choosing shoes.

 

If you have a Brannock measured US C width not borderlining B/C, I'm saying you can forget about the New Rey from this point on. It will not fit your feet. Choose the next width up and compensate with tongue pads, if necessary. If heel slippage will be your only problem in Olfe, Hiro or Ben lasts, you can fix it with tongue pads and insoles.

 

A forcefully stretched shoe will never fit perfectly. Don't even consider that.

post #4600 of 11966

Quote:
Originally Posted by konda View Post


Always, always choose a fitting width first and only then the length. When you use a snug last, the size you take can be 0.5 sizes too long and it makes no difference on how the shoe fits. Shoes primarily fit because of a good last width and instep, not because of the length. Length is only a secondary or tertiary concern when choosing shoes.

 

If you have a Brannock measured US C width not borderlining B/C, I'm saying you can forget about the New Rey from this point on. It will not fit your feet. Choose the next width up and compensate with tongue pads, if necessary. If heel slippage will be your only problem in Olfe, Hiro or Ben lasts, you can fix it with tongue pads and insoles.

 

A forcefully stretched shoe will never fit perfectly. Don't even consider that.

 

Thanks for the advice. I'm closer to borderline C/D, so I think it's time to give something on the Hiro last a shot. The biggest issue is I've had some gapping on the sides of my heel with D width shoes. Heel slippage is not as much a problem. C width is almost too tight in the toes, and this is where it seems like the New Rey would be most constricting, so it's out.

post #4601 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosper0 View Post

Is here anyone who ordered since the start of the year? What is the state of your order?

 

It's been 6 weeks since my last updated ("order initiated").

 

 

Now, I understand there can be delays. However, when I asked Louisa on what is the state of my order I received the following response:

 

"Dear Sir,

When the shoes will be ready to ship we advise you."

 

 

Honestly, it's not the delay that pissed me off, it's this response. I thought they pride themselves on customer service, this, to me, is anything but. Especially, since in her last response (2 weeks before, same questions), she responded by reminding me the waiting time is 30 days.

 

I ordered Jan 23, they sent me notification that my order was ready last Monday, paid Tuesday and now waiting for them to ship.

 

There is a language/cultural barrier, so you have to take that into account in their responses. I would be pretty taken aback by that response as well, but I don't think they're intentionally sounding rude.

post #4602 of 11966

I placed an order for a pair for my wife the first week of January and there's no news so far. They told me about 2 months' waiting time, and possible delay. It's well expected.

post #4603 of 11966

I just ordered some loafers, but couldn't find any shoe trees on the site. I inquired in the comments section of my order, but does anyone here have any advice about shoe trees from Meermin?

post #4604 of 11966
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rural Juror View Post

I just ordered some loafers, but couldn't find any shoe trees on the site. I inquired in the comments section of my order, but does anyone here have any advice about shoe trees from Meermin?

I was advised NOT to buy shoe trees from other members because apparently they are overpriced and have caused issues with customs.

post #4605 of 11966

Hey guys for the Classic Collection's dark brown double monks...what shade of Saphir would you suggest using to maintain the color of the shoe?

 

Also, how are delivery times for you guys on average? I have the website telling me its 7/10 days but from what I've been reading im doubting it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes