Hatchgrain would def. be a second hot favourite.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 299post #4471 of 134602/27/13 at 5:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4472 of 134602/27/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Faustuses
That brings up an interesting point. For Canadians in the GTA, might it be possible to avoid some or all of these fees by sending the order to a USA address for pickup near the border? The service is already available as far as I have researched (I'm in Toronto, but have never used this service, nor purchased anything yet from Meermin). I would never agree to $137 in duties, so unless there is a workaround such as this, I may have to just forget about this value-per-dollar from Meermin.
If anyone has some insight to offer us Canadians, I'm sure we're all really interested to know if this is a possiblity.
I don't know if every UPS store does this, but I know of two near the Niagara bridges that receive shipments for $5 a pop (+$1 for every day they have to hold it). You have to call them to create a file and then you're good to go. They give you a "street address" so that it doesn't look sketchy to prospective sellers/shippers, and your goods go straight from the courier to a secure store, so it's actually better than getting dumped on someone's front porch. They give you a call when your stuff arrives and the rest is up to you.post #4473 of 134602/27/13 at 7:19ampost #4474 of 134602/27/13 at 7:29ampost #4475 of 134602/27/13 at 9:03ampost #4476 of 134602/27/13 at 9:42amQuote:
Well maybe you can turn your regrets into an opportunity. In case any of you are interested for second round only in plum museum calf color I am inpost #4477 of 134602/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #4478 of 134602/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by HughJ
I don't know if every UPS store does this, but I know of two near the Niagara bridges that receive shipments for $5 a pop (+$1 for every day they have to hold it). You have to call them to create a file and then you're good to go. They give you a "street address" so that it doesn't look sketchy to prospective sellers/shippers, and your goods go straight from the courier to a secure store, so it's actually better than getting dumped on someone's front porch. They give you a call when your stuff arrives and the rest is up to you.
Good to hear that this is a somewhat standard practice. The site I linked seems to have a reputable history but is by no means a large company like UPS (as far as I can tell). Service fees are much smaller compared to the duties Canadian posters have been reporting, so as long as there's not much complication in bring the shoes over the border, this might just be a way to save some money and an excuse to go on a roadtrip to Niagara/Buffalo.
Granted, you still might have to risk American duties.. but the odds are much better as our sampling has suggested.post #4479 of 134602/27/13 at 1:49pmpost #4480 of 134602/27/13 at 1:51pmpost #4481 of 134602/27/13 at 3:52pmpost #4482 of 134602/27/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aieyric
Some pictures of my latest order from meermin
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't know why they don't add this to their standard catalog. Unless Namor is demanding royalties for his design....post #4483 of 134602/27/13 at 4:15pmpost #4484 of 134602/27/13 at 4:36pmQuote:
Those look beautiful! I hope to have a pair just like them someday. I'm at 45 days and counting right now.post #4485 of 134602/27/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
are these the dark brown double monks? (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338)
do the brown captoe oxfords still have the sole cracking issue? http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › You should buy this (the open-ended e-shopping enabling thread) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela Hidden Placket Polo in size 48 (M) 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcons MAN x Duvetica Wool Tellia Down Vest 9 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...