or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 294

post #4396 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

[/SPOILER]
Me too smile.gif hopefully Pepe sends me the pics soon.

Thanks for the suggestion guys; most likely this will be a personal MTO but if anyone is interested I may do one but but this time a small group MTO (10 people max).

But this will only be initiated once the previous MTO is delivered

Count me in on this one smile.gif
post #4397 of 11021
chukkas + brown double monks

or

1 pair SHELL LONGWINGS?

will be worn w/ Chinos and jeans type 90%, other 10% suits slacks
post #4398 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


I think you've misread me!

I was actually agreeing with everything you had to say. Especially post 4344.

I was just lamenting the fact that you had to follow up your good logic and reasoning by pacifying it a little bit in the following post. You should feel confident to speak your mind without fear of sensitive posters crying because their million dollar shoes might actually be of lesser quality than your $999,999 shoes.

Sorry, like I said, I need an editor to proofread my posts.  I appreciated your post and was just following up as others didn't want to let it drop.  I did make a mistake, no doubt about it, but as you said, there was no reason to suggest that I was merely blathering about things I knew nothing about.  Thanks for the support.  In return, I'm going to try to be much more clear with my comments in future. :)

post #4399 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Are you trolling? I clearly state what the stitch does, it is however, ornate.

It is NOT ornate. And Norvegese constructions do not always have welts; it's folded out instead of folded in (forgot the technical term). It is not simply a storm welt with another row of stitching. And just to be clear, you made it sound unnecessary and decorative when the "ornate" stitches are what holds the shoe together.
post #4400 of 11021
Im not sure if this has been posted but has anyone messed around with these?



Seems like an ok shoe to beat around and at only $135ish its not a bad price either
post #4401 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

It is NOT ornate. And Norvegese constructions do not always have welts; it's folded out instead of folded in (forgot the technical term). It is not simply a storm welt with another row of stitching. And just to be clear, you made it sound unnecessary and decorative when the "ornate" stitches are what holds the shoe together.
Don't be obtuse!
It may not be there for decorative purposes but it is, in my opinion at least, an ornate stitch! It being ornate was not for a moment what I was suggesting its purpose was
post #4402 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

[/SPOILER]
Me too smile.gif hopefully Pepe sends me the pics soon.

Thanks for the suggestion guys; most likely this will be a personal MTO but if anyone is interested I may do one but but this time a small group MTO (10 people max).

But this will only be initiated once the previous MTO is delivered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

A GG-like wholecut would be of interest.

I'd be keen for a EG dover style split toe in the hatch grain personally.
post #4403 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Don't be obtuse!
It may not be there for decorative purposes but it is, in my opinion at least, an ornate stitch! It being ornate was not for a moment what I was suggesting its purpose was

Your opinion is wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation. It is NOT ornate and provides different benefit than hand sewn welted construction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Upright Man View Post


I'd be keen for a EG dover style split toe in the hatch grain personally.

Same, but not placing any order until I receive my current MTO.

EG Dover style Norwegian Split Toe with folded in stitch apron (as oppose to Vass folded our stitched) and full Norvegese construction in hatch grain. Just not sure how good the material is for Meermin but EG skimped on material, specifically toe stiffener, toe stitching, and of course GY machines welted/gemmed construction.

Fuck cordovan. Tasteless iGent leather used in every kind of shoes nowadays.
post #4404 of 11021

Hey I'm looking for a comparison between Meermin's and Alfred Sargent's snuff colors. I don't trust the website pictures to give an accurate description. Can someone link both colors if one has a photo with realistic colors of each?

 

Another question: what are the suede colors in brown that meermin offer? I know there is the snuff and dark brown but is there something else like espresso as well?

post #4405 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Your opinion is wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation. It is NOT ornate and provides different benefit than hand sewn welted construction.
Same, but not placing any order until I receive my current MTO.

EG Dover style Norwegian Split Toe with folded in stitch apron (as oppose to Vass folded our stitched) and full Norvegese construction in hatch grain. Just not sure how good the material is for Meermin but EG skimped on material, specifically toe stiffener, toe stitching, and of course GY machines welted/gemmed construction.

Fuck cordovan. Tasteless iGent leather used in every kind of shoes nowadays.
I think you're deliberately confusing ornate with ornamental and being deliberately argumentative. As I've now stated twice; I KNOW it serves a functional purpose in the construction of the shoe. Stating it to be ornate is my OPINION. Have a word with yerself
Edited by OzzyJones - 2/23/13 at 4:19am
post #4406 of 11021
nm
post #4407 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Your opinion is wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation. It is NOT ornate and provides different benefit than hand sewn welted construction.
Same, but not placing any order until I receive my current MTO.

EG Dover style Norwegian Split Toe with folded in stitch apron (as oppose to Vass folded our stitched) and full Norvegese construction in hatch grain. Just not sure how good the material is for Meermin but EG skimped on material, specifically toe stiffener, toe stitching, and of course GY machines welted/gemmed construction.

Fuck cordovan. Tasteless iGent leather used in every kind of shoes nowadays.

maybe a better choice of language would be nice...

post #4408 of 11021
I bought the Chuuka boot in the Rui last. It seems a good buy for the money, good construction and nice suede
post #4409 of 11021
I was choosing between this to the similar in price Loake Pimlicos, I think the meermin is a better option
post #4410 of 11021
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltess View Post

I bought the Chuuka boot in the Rui last. It seems a good buy for the money, good construction and nice suede

Do you mind posting photos? I was looking to purchase the boots as well. Just wanted to see what they looked like beyond the stock photos. Also how is the sizing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes