or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 293

post #4381 of 11961

Whoa!! When did Meermin start selling Saphir?!

post #4382 of 11961
Count me in on this too if its a wholecut! Thank you! smile.gif
post #4383 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

[/SPOILER]
Me too smile.gif hopefully Pepe sends me the pics soon.

Thanks for the suggestion guys; most likely this will be a personal MTO but if anyone is interested I may do one but but this time a small group MTO (10 people max).

But this will only be initiated once the previous MTO is delivered

Count me in on this too if its a wholecut! Thank you! smile.gif
post #4384 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

I really like the austerity wingtip in navy calf, without having to pay for the extra MTO charges just for a simple change of material. I think Meermin doesn't want my money because they have an incredible knack of choosing combinations of soles, upper material and shoe designs where at least 1 out of 3 don't seem to match exactly what I want. 

Waiting for a RTW version of something I want from them is like winning a jackpot. 

I also would like to see more RTW boots from them, especially a pebble grain boot with storm welt or veldt construction. 

well thats entirely logically. I mean why wouldn't they make a navy austerity brogue RTW. That will surely be a huge seller for them.

Are you serious?
post #4385 of 11961
It goes without saing that Meermin should make every model with every available leather one each of the available soles, what else should one expect from a small, Spanish shoe company?!
post #4386 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

I really like the austerity wingtip in navy calf, without having to pay for the extra MTO charges just for a simple change of material. I think Meermin doesn't want my money because they have an incredible knack of choosing combinations of soles, upper material and shoe designs where at least 1 out of 3 don't seem to match exactly what I want. 

Waiting for a RTW version of something I want from them is like winning a jackpot. 

I also would like to see more RTW boots from them, especially a pebble grain boot with storm welt or veldt construction. 

well thats entirely logically. I mean why wouldn't they make a navy austerity brogue RTW. That will surely be a huge seller for them.

Are you serious?

 

I laughed. But don't give up so easily because Meermin must have been influenced by Namor's spending: Linea Maestro Navy Calf

post #4387 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Gentleman,

Any suggestions for a type of design for hatchgrain calf?I was thinking of a split toe like the EG Dover but a chukka or a wholecut like G&G will also be fantastic.

Would be interested to get some feedback from you guys smile.gif
 

A GG-like wholecut would be of interest.
post #4388 of 11961

I have yet to receive a tracking number so honestly, I don't think they even shipped them out yet..

post #4389 of 11961

Which last would you say is closest to that of these Kent Wang shoes? I was thinking either the Ama or New Rey.

 

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/benchgrade-captoe-balmoral.html

post #4390 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

[/SPOILER]
Me too smile.gif hopefully Pepe sends me the pics soon.

Thanks for the suggestion guys; most likely this will be a personal MTO but if anyone is interested I may do one but but this time a small group MTO (10 people max).

But this will only be initiated once the previous MTO is delivered

Count me in on this one smile.gif
post #4391 of 11961
chukkas + brown double monks

or

1 pair SHELL LONGWINGS?

will be worn w/ Chinos and jeans type 90%, other 10% suits slacks
post #4392 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


I think you've misread me!

I was actually agreeing with everything you had to say. Especially post 4344.

I was just lamenting the fact that you had to follow up your good logic and reasoning by pacifying it a little bit in the following post. You should feel confident to speak your mind without fear of sensitive posters crying because their million dollar shoes might actually be of lesser quality than your $999,999 shoes.

Sorry, like I said, I need an editor to proofread my posts.  I appreciated your post and was just following up as others didn't want to let it drop.  I did make a mistake, no doubt about it, but as you said, there was no reason to suggest that I was merely blathering about things I knew nothing about.  Thanks for the support.  In return, I'm going to try to be much more clear with my comments in future. :)

post #4393 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Are you trolling? I clearly state what the stitch does, it is however, ornate.

It is NOT ornate. And Norvegese constructions do not always have welts; it's folded out instead of folded in (forgot the technical term). It is not simply a storm welt with another row of stitching. And just to be clear, you made it sound unnecessary and decorative when the "ornate" stitches are what holds the shoe together.
post #4394 of 11961
Im not sure if this has been posted but has anyone messed around with these?



Seems like an ok shoe to beat around and at only $135ish its not a bad price either
post #4395 of 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

It is NOT ornate. And Norvegese constructions do not always have welts; it's folded out instead of folded in (forgot the technical term). It is not simply a storm welt with another row of stitching. And just to be clear, you made it sound unnecessary and decorative when the "ornate" stitches are what holds the shoe together.
Don't be obtuse!
It may not be there for decorative purposes but it is, in my opinion at least, an ornate stitch! It being ornate was not for a moment what I was suggesting its purpose was
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes