or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 280

post #4186 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermanns View Post

Good afternoon gentlemen,

having followed this thread for several months while waiting for my first pair of Meermin MTOs, I thought I'd share the end result with you today. Having been a shoe buff for many years but concentrating mainly on the traditional English manufacturers, I recently glimpsed at other interesting sources and found Carmina, where I bought a beautiful pair of navy Cordovan wholecuts on the Rain last in their Madrid store last summer. Browsing the web for more information on the Albaladejo family, I learned about Meermin via this thread and ordered a "test pair" of linea classico brown single monks right away. Sufficiently pleased, I got into contact with Pepe soon afterwards and placed my MTO order in early August 2012. The first pair they made for me has been damaged in a very late stage of finishing, so they started from scratch again in November, and after a few e-mails, I was given a free matching belt and trees for compensation. I will spare you all other details, but let me give you my overall impression and opinion: The doubts and concerns about sometimes irregular reaction times, potential quality issues etc. mentioned here are indeed justified according to my limited experience, so to everyone out there unsure whether to pull the MTO trigger on Meermin for the first time or not, if you are expecting 100% professionality and/or quick delivery within the initially announced time frame e.g. because you need the shoes for your own wedding etc., do not do it. However, if you own enough shoes already and thus have some time to relax and wait, if you are looking for an experience of being valued as an individual customer by a small family-owned and run company and together with these incredibly sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful people want to create something really unique in design at a more-than-decent quality level and for an unbelievable price, then I would strongly recommend to go for it. As for myself, I am sure that these will not be the last pair of Meermin MTOs. I hope you like them as much as I do, looking forward to read your comments!

Kind regards from Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
Christopher Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











Great looking shoes!

I'm guessing these are in snuff suede? They are quite light. Do you find they pair well with your dark grey trousers? I thought they might 'stand out' a bit much with a relatively sombre trouser such as those?
post #4187 of 12093
Colors...

They are Noix Januscalf, similar to Snuff, but a tad lighter and more yellowish, I'd say.

Indeed, when I received them I browsed my wardrobe for matching pants and found this will indeed not be quite easy. So any suggestions are appreciated.

Anyway, the wool pants pictured are brown. As many of us will have found, colors frequently come out unrealistic on iPhone photos, this currently being the only device I use. I do agree that these shoes should definitely not be worn with grey or black ;-)
post #4188 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Upright Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermanns View Post

Good afternoon gentlemen,

having followed this thread for several months while waiting for my first pair of Meermin MTOs, I thought I'd share the end result with you today. Having been a shoe buff for many years but concentrating mainly on the traditional English manufacturers, I recently glimpsed at other interesting sources and found Carmina, where I bought a beautiful pair of navy Cordovan wholecuts on the Rain last in their Madrid store last summer. Browsing the web for more information on the Albaladejo family, I learned about Meermin via this thread and ordered a "test pair" of linea classico brown single monks right away. Sufficiently pleased, I got into contact with Pepe soon afterwards and placed my MTO order in early August 2012. The first pair they made for me has been damaged in a very late stage of finishing, so they started from scratch again in November, and after a few e-mails, I was given a free matching belt and trees for compensation. I will spare you all other details, but let me give you my overall impression and opinion: The doubts and concerns about sometimes irregular reaction times, potential quality issues etc. mentioned here are indeed justified according to my limited experience, so to everyone out there unsure whether to pull the MTO trigger on Meermin for the first time or not, if you are expecting 100% professionality and/or quick delivery within the initially announced time frame e.g. because you need the shoes for your own wedding etc., do not do it. However, if you own enough shoes already and thus have some time to relax and wait, if you are looking for an experience of being valued as an individual customer by a small family-owned and run company and together with these incredibly sympathetic, knowledgeable, and helpful people want to create something really unique in design at a more-than-decent quality level and for an unbelievable price, then I would strongly recommend to go for it. As for myself, I am sure that these will not be the last pair of Meermin MTOs. I hope you like them as much as I do, looking forward to read your comments!

Kind regards from Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
Christopher Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)











Great looking shoes!

I'm guessing these are in snuff suede? They are quite light. Do you find they pair well with your dark grey trousers? I thought they might 'stand out' a bit much with a relatively sombre trouser such as those?

 

 

That looks like light brown suede, which is a similar match for Alden's snuff. Meermin snuff is somewhat orangey mid brown.

post #4189 of 12093
Colors...

They are Noix Januscalf, similar to Snuff, but a tad lighter and more yellowish, I'd say.

Indeed, when I received them I browsed my wardrobe for matching pants and found this will indeed not be quite easy. So any suggestions are appreciated.

Anyway, the wool pants pictured are brown. As many of us will have found, colors frequently come out unrealistic on iPhone photos, this currently being the only device I use. I do agree that these shoes should definitely not be worn with grey or black ;-)
post #4190 of 12093

payed my invoice, mine and my dad's shoes on the way :-) can't wait! 

I hope he'll like them otherwise it'll be a living hell being the one who suggested them to him!!!!

post #4191 of 12093

let me preface this by saying i have browsed and searched this thread extensively for an answer but have found little insight aside from one or two quick mentions and a photo comparing two LWBs. a quick question for meermin + alden owners--how does sizing translate between the meermin lasts and alden aberdeen or barrie? TIA

post #4192 of 12093
A few new models are up on the website including a pair of navy captoes!
post #4193 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post

A few new models are up on the website including a pair of navy captoes!
Great to see new styles and finally(!) LM shoes not on the New Rey last. If /when the austerity brogue is there in burgundy, or maybe a mid brown, an order will be placed.
post #4194 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


Great to see new styles and finally(!) LM shoes not on the New Rey last. If /when the austerity brogue is there in burgundy, or maybe a mid brown, an order will be placed.

where do you see new models? to me is the same old ones as usual!

post #4195 of 12093
Any pictures of the MTO Austerity Brogues?
post #4196 of 12093
meermin.es/catalogo2.php?idioma=eng&id=7
Quote:
Originally Posted by totolino85 View Post

where do you see new models? to me is the same old ones as usual!
post #4197 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieyric View Post

meermin.es/catalogo2.php?idioma=eng&id=7

thanks ,till 2 minutes ago I litteraly just had the old models only! 

 

On the classic line there were supposed to be also new suedes colours for the double monks and some oxfords, any news on that?

post #4198 of 12093

I ordered the dark brown double monks, Style: 101341-S, from their classic collection and received them today in the mail. Upon inspection I noticed MANY imperfections:

 

Right Shoe

  1. Crack in heal/outsole
  2. Splitting of the outsole
  3. Discoloration on the quarter
  4. Scratched clasps

 

Left Shoe

  1. Scratched clasps
  2. Scratch/scuff on the leather piece that covers the tongue
  3. Glue residue on the tongue
  4. Discoloration on the vamp. It looks like the uppers were black and painted dark brown

 

In the end, the shoes have too many imperfections to pass as first quality. Additionally, the leather seems very cheap and stiff, a shoe I would expect to see on the shelves at Macy*s with a stamp on the inner tongue - Made in China. Also, the left shoe looks like it started as a black shoe a1000nd then painted brown with a paint brush. To conclude, I am returning the shoes for a full refund. I guess you pay for what you get.

 

Here are a few pictures I took quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #4199 of 12093

It's known that Meermin's QC is not the best but their customer service is very good. Get in touch with them, they will take care of you. 

post #4200 of 12093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post

It's known that Meermin's QC is not the best but their customer service is very good. Get in touch with them, they will take care of you. 

Honestly, even if their customer service is good, that sort of thing is unacceptable. Price aside, you expect the product to be what you ordered, without flaws. Yes it happens, but to allow a product to ship with all those issues is simply unacceptable and will surely paint a negative picture about the company (in time). They can fix the issues all they want, but at the end of the day first impressions count. Not trying to sound negative because I have a pair of DM's being made as well, but if they came to me like that I would never order from them again. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes