Most have been hit with customs and brokerage fees. Plan on the additional 10% and be thrilled if your shoes somehow sneak through.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 272
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4067 of 134901/22/13 at 3:35pmpost #4068 of 134901/22/13 at 5:24pmpost #4069 of 134901/22/13 at 5:26pmpost #4070 of 134901/22/13 at 5:35pmpost #4071 of 134901/22/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
IME, invoices under $300 declared value have little chances to be scrutinized by customs.
p.s., shoe importing tariff to US is about 8.5% AFAIK. FedEx charges $6.5 fund advance fee for prepaying tariff.post #4072 of 134901/22/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marbles
This will be my last response to your idiotic posts on this subject - it's clearly dragging this thread down, however surely you know the difference between made to order and bespoke? The one where an existing block/pattern/last is modified to more closely suit your measurements, as opposed to your measurements being taken and a brand new, unique pattern/last being made based on those measurements, with no basis on anything pre-existing? Surely that knowledge is one of the first things you should learn on a forum such as this - assuming you didn't before.
There's a reason Meermin MTO costs ~350 Euro and a bespoke pair is 2000+
Actually there are various MTO and bespoke methodologies. Various different price points as well. It goes as low as $800 in US or £1100 for Tricker's bespoke.
And then there are people whose feet are so deformed that MTO or even RTW fit them well.
But the last should be first; if it doesn't fit, sizing up/down is almost always a bad choice, unless its by design.post #4073 of 134901/22/13 at 11:11pmpost #4074 of 134901/23/13 at 2:42ampost #4075 of 134901/23/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
Okay, so they are too tight unfortunately. Up for sale if anyone's interested (size 8 UK): http://www.styleforum.net/t/332898/meermin-linea-maestro-3-eyelet-wholecut-size-8-uk/0_100post #4076 of 134901/23/13 at 2:14pmpost #4077 of 134901/23/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
Initiated just means they put in the order for it to be organized/whatever. They will eventually send you an email saying to pay for the order.
This was my update history:
- 15/dic/2012 Order introduced into the system.
- 19/dic/2012 Order initiated.
- 18/ene/2013 Order finished.
- 21/ene/2013 Order send it.
And in other news, just got my double monks today. Great stuff for the price. From Canada and Fedex didn't charge me any duties or fees even with the trees.
My only problem with them is the really high instep, but im sure that will shrink when I wear them in.post #4078 of 134901/23/13 at 7:57pmNot sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/meermin-double-monks/post #4079 of 134901/23/13 at 9:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikeman
Not sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
I believe the uppers are sewn in china. It was heavily discussed on this thread if I remember right. Not sure if that is true of just the classics but I think it'd be difficult to do MTO's in china then finished in Mallorca.post #4080 of 134901/23/13 at 11:51pmQuote:
Yes these are the dark brown , all my meermins pairs are a bit lighter than they appear on their site
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 5 minutes ago
- › What underwear if any do you wear with white linen pants? 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...