Most have been hit with customs and brokerage fees. Plan on the additional 10% and be thrilled if your shoes somehow sneak through.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 272
Styleforum Top Picks
IME, invoices under $300 declared value have little chances to be scrutinized by customs.
p.s., shoe importing tariff to US is about 8.5% AFAIK. FedEx charges $6.5 fund advance fee for prepaying tariff.
This will be my last response to your idiotic posts on this subject - it's clearly dragging this thread down, however surely you know the difference between made to order and bespoke? The one where an existing block/pattern/last is modified to more closely suit your measurements, as opposed to your measurements being taken and a brand new, unique pattern/last being made based on those measurements, with no basis on anything pre-existing? Surely that knowledge is one of the first things you should learn on a forum such as this - assuming you didn't before.
There's a reason Meermin MTO costs ~350 Euro and a bespoke pair is 2000+
Actually there are various MTO and bespoke methodologies. Various different price points as well. It goes as low as $800 in US or £1100 for Tricker's bespoke.
And then there are people whose feet are so deformed that MTO or even RTW fit them well.
But the last should be first; if it doesn't fit, sizing up/down is almost always a bad choice, unless its by design.
Okay, so they are too tight unfortunately. Up for sale if anyone's interested (size 8 UK): http://www.styleforum.net/t/332898/meermin-linea-maestro-3-eyelet-wholecut-size-8-uk/0_100
Initiated just means they put in the order for it to be organized/whatever. They will eventually send you an email saying to pay for the order.
This was my update history:
- 15/dic/2012 Order introduced into the system.
- 19/dic/2012 Order initiated.
- 18/ene/2013 Order finished.
- 21/ene/2013 Order send it.
And in other news, just got my double monks today. Great stuff for the price. From Canada and Fedex didn't charge me any duties or fees even with the trees.
My only problem with them is the really high instep, but im sure that will shrink when I wear them in.
Comment from a guy named Mike...
Not sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
I believe the uppers are sewn in china. It was heavily discussed on this thread if I remember right. Not sure if that is true of just the classics but I think it'd be difficult to do MTO's in china then finished in Mallorca.
Yes these are the dark brown , all my meermins pairs are a bit lighter than they appear on their site
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › SF Shoe Collections 2 minutes ago
- › Common Projects BBall Low in Black (Size 44) 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › New in Box Gaziano & Girling Antibes in Vintage Oak 16 minutes ago
- › Wide and Extra-Wide GMTO Shoe Ideas 25 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...