Most have been hit with customs and brokerage fees. Plan on the additional 10% and be thrilled if your shoes somehow sneak through.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 272
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4067 of 141101/22/13 at 3:35pmpost #4068 of 141101/22/13 at 5:24pmpost #4069 of 141101/22/13 at 5:26pmpost #4070 of 141101/22/13 at 5:35pmpost #4071 of 141101/22/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
IME, invoices under $300 declared value have little chances to be scrutinized by customs.
p.s., shoe importing tariff to US is about 8.5% AFAIK. FedEx charges $6.5 fund advance fee for prepaying tariff.post #4072 of 141101/22/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marbles
This will be my last response to your idiotic posts on this subject - it's clearly dragging this thread down, however surely you know the difference between made to order and bespoke? The one where an existing block/pattern/last is modified to more closely suit your measurements, as opposed to your measurements being taken and a brand new, unique pattern/last being made based on those measurements, with no basis on anything pre-existing? Surely that knowledge is one of the first things you should learn on a forum such as this - assuming you didn't before.
There's a reason Meermin MTO costs ~350 Euro and a bespoke pair is 2000+
Actually there are various MTO and bespoke methodologies. Various different price points as well. It goes as low as $800 in US or £1100 for Tricker's bespoke.
And then there are people whose feet are so deformed that MTO or even RTW fit them well.
But the last should be first; if it doesn't fit, sizing up/down is almost always a bad choice, unless its by design.post #4073 of 141101/22/13 at 11:11pmpost #4074 of 141101/23/13 at 2:42ampost #4075 of 141101/23/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
Okay, so they are too tight unfortunately. Up for sale if anyone's interested (size 8 UK): http://www.styleforum.net/t/332898/meermin-linea-maestro-3-eyelet-wholecut-size-8-uk/0_100post #4076 of 141101/23/13 at 2:14pmpost #4077 of 141101/23/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
Initiated just means they put in the order for it to be organized/whatever. They will eventually send you an email saying to pay for the order.
This was my update history:
- 15/dic/2012 Order introduced into the system.
- 19/dic/2012 Order initiated.
- 18/ene/2013 Order finished.
- 21/ene/2013 Order send it.
And in other news, just got my double monks today. Great stuff for the price. From Canada and Fedex didn't charge me any duties or fees even with the trees.
My only problem with them is the really high instep, but im sure that will shrink when I wear them in.post #4078 of 141101/23/13 at 7:57pmNot sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/meermin-double-monks/post #4079 of 141101/23/13 at 9:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikeman
Not sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
I believe the uppers are sewn in china. It was heavily discussed on this thread if I remember right. Not sure if that is true of just the classics but I think it'd be difficult to do MTO's in china then finished in Mallorca.post #4080 of 141101/23/13 at 11:51pmQuote:
Yes these are the dark brown , all my meermins pairs are a bit lighter than they appear on their site
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 58 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Moncler Grey Wool Down Jacket 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories