Most have been hit with customs and brokerage fees. Plan on the additional 10% and be thrilled if your shoes somehow sneak through.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 272
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4067 of 144781/22/13 at 3:35pmpost #4068 of 144781/22/13 at 5:24pmpost #4069 of 144781/22/13 at 5:26pmpost #4070 of 144781/22/13 at 5:35pmpost #4071 of 144781/22/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
IME, invoices under $300 declared value have little chances to be scrutinized by customs.
p.s., shoe importing tariff to US is about 8.5% AFAIK. FedEx charges $6.5 fund advance fee for prepaying tariff.post #4072 of 144781/22/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Marbles
This will be my last response to your idiotic posts on this subject - it's clearly dragging this thread down, however surely you know the difference between made to order and bespoke? The one where an existing block/pattern/last is modified to more closely suit your measurements, as opposed to your measurements being taken and a brand new, unique pattern/last being made based on those measurements, with no basis on anything pre-existing? Surely that knowledge is one of the first things you should learn on a forum such as this - assuming you didn't before.
There's a reason Meermin MTO costs ~350 Euro and a bespoke pair is 2000+
Actually there are various MTO and bespoke methodologies. Various different price points as well. It goes as low as $800 in US or £1100 for Tricker's bespoke.
And then there are people whose feet are so deformed that MTO or even RTW fit them well.
But the last should be first; if it doesn't fit, sizing up/down is almost always a bad choice, unless its by design.post #4073 of 144781/22/13 at 11:11pmpost #4074 of 144781/23/13 at 2:42ampost #4075 of 144781/23/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
Okay, so they are too tight unfortunately. Up for sale if anyone's interested (size 8 UK): http://www.styleforum.net/t/332898/meermin-linea-maestro-3-eyelet-wholecut-size-8-uk/0_100post #4076 of 144781/23/13 at 2:14pmpost #4077 of 144781/23/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
Initiated just means they put in the order for it to be organized/whatever. They will eventually send you an email saying to pay for the order.
This was my update history:
- 15/dic/2012 Order introduced into the system.
- 19/dic/2012 Order initiated.
- 18/ene/2013 Order finished.
- 21/ene/2013 Order send it.
And in other news, just got my double monks today. Great stuff for the price. From Canada and Fedex didn't charge me any duties or fees even with the trees.
My only problem with them is the really high instep, but im sure that will shrink when I wear them in.post #4078 of 144781/23/13 at 7:57pmNot sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/meermin-double-monks/post #4079 of 144781/23/13 at 9:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikeman
Not sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth?
Comment from a guy named Mike...
I believe the uppers are sewn in china. It was heavily discussed on this thread if I remember right. Not sure if that is true of just the classics but I think it'd be difficult to do MTO's in china then finished in Mallorca.post #4080 of 144781/23/13 at 11:51pmQuote:
Yes these are the dark brown , all my meermins pairs are a bit lighter than they appear on their site
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 22 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.