or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 244

post #3646 of 11032
Very excited about this. Now I just have to be patiently wait for 5 months... Feels like a very long time right now. shog[1].gif
post #3647 of 11032
Can they make lasted trees?
post #3648 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Can they make lasted trees?

Doubt it but I'll shoot out an email to Pepe to ask. Would be fantastic if they did icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #3649 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Doubt it but I'll shoot out an email to Pepe to ask. Would be fantastic if they did icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

yes it would be cheers.gif

post #3650 of 11032

Not to jinx anything, but how is the MTO allowed to happen?

 

Isn't this like copying an Eames chair in 1960 when the design patent was still valid.

 

Don;t get me wrong I was one of the first to PM terrorsquad about the MTO and I will order two pairs if possible, I'm just curious how Intellectual Property works in the world of shoe design.

 

thanks.

post #3651 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Not to jinx anything, but how is the MTO allowed to happen?

Isn't this like copying an Eames chair in 1960 when the design patent was still valid.

Don;t get me wrong I was one of the first to PM terrorsquad about the MTO and I will order two pairs if possible, I'm just curious how Intellectual Property works in the world of shoe design.

thanks.

In general, there is no bar to copying fashion designs, except where they include such things as a logo or other unique, identifiable design.

That's one reason why brands such as Louis Vuitton stuck their logo all over their products - not only did it make their products immediately identifiable, but it also (de jure, but not de facto) prevented other companies from copying their products. There is no bar on creating a bag that looks like an LV bag without the logos, but you can't make such a bag and then falsely claim that it's an LV bag, nor can you stick LV logos on it.

Similarly, there is no bar on making a pair of shoes in a style like that used by JL Paris, as long as you don't hold them out as being made by JL Paris.
post #3652 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

In general, there is no bar to copying fashion designs, except where they include such things as a logo or other unique, identifiable design.

 

You can get a design patent for some fashion designs. This wouldn't protect the last, but it could protect the non-functional aspects of the shoe.

 

Here's the first article I found explaining this:http://www.mhmlaw.com/files/Carani%20-%20Shoe%20Retail%207-09.pdf

post #3653 of 11032
MTO details sound awesome. Now I just need to figure out whether I am a 8 or 8.5 in the Olfe last. I think I'm most accurately a true 9D in US sizing. Does the Olfe run true to size? My feet are pretty average in shape, nothing difficult to fit like especially flat or high arches.

I recently got a pair of Aldens in 9D on the Barrie last and while I'm keeping them, an 8.5D would definitely have been a better fit if it had been available to me.
post #3654 of 11032
Folks I need little help with sizing. Can anyone recommend Olfe or Hiro last size based on following

C&J 337 = 10 E
G&G CG06 = 10.5 E
EG 82/888 = 10.5 E
Carmina Rain = 10 E
AS 109 = 10 F
Church's 173 = 10 F
JL Phillip II 7000 = 10

many thanks in advance.
post #3655 of 11032
Ofle and Hiro fit about the same right? Like Hiro in terms of width but could spare a little I think

Also for lasted trees, I got their standard tress on my MTO and it's a terrible fit. The upper part sticks up so the buckles are kinda stretched and it doesn't fill out vamp of shoe as it's too thin
post #3656 of 11032
Ofle is marked as E, Hiro is marked as EE on Meermin website. My wide feet would have to go for the Hiro last for a better fit.
post #3657 of 11032
Little help please gents? Does anyone know if the Olfe last is wider than New Rey? Luisa stated I could size up a half from UK9 but the Rey is fine lengthwise, just a bit snug in the toebox. Thanks in advance!
post #3658 of 11032
^^yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Folks I need little help with sizing. Can anyone recommend Olfe or Hiro last size based on following
C&J 337 = 10 E
G&G CG06 = 10.5 E
EG 82/888 = 10.5 E
Carmina Rain = 10 E
AS 109 = 10 F
Church's 173 = 10 F
JL Phillip II 7000 = 10
many thanks in advance.

My EG 82 10.5/11E fit very similar to Olfe 10UK
post #3659 of 11032
delete
post #3660 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

^^yes
My EG 82 10.5/11E fit very similar to Olfe 10UK

Gracias.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes