OK, Sandro or Pepe? Also, do any of you know how to do it? What a pain in the ass this is, shouldn't it already be done for us beforehand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir RenovateurLast edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 239
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3572 of 1447212/7/12 at 10:20ampost #3573 of 1447212/7/12 at 4:01pmpost #3574 of 1447212/7/12 at 4:12pmpost #3575 of 1447212/7/12 at 7:12pmpost #3576 of 1447212/8/12 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by newtoshoes
apart from you group order, can anyone tell me if the squeaking of my pair from the Classic Line is normal? I would really appreciate your help before I contact Meermin.
It's a Meermin exclusive, an attraction getter innovation. The listener looks to the source, sees the shoes and compliments you- quite novel. The squeeking should go away, I've had it occasionally with AE. Usually just the layers of the outsole/ welt, and will work out of shoe. I'm not saying it's right but simply notify Pepe, and wear for a few weeks. I think it would be premature to send back now and am sure at that point, if the baby doll wistle/ squeek doesn't fall silent, he'll repair/replace.post #3577 of 1447212/8/12 at 2:45pmpost #3578 of 1447212/9/12 at 4:45ampost #3579 of 1447212/9/12 at 4:48amQuote:
Usually a shoe squeaks because the leather layers are not enough roughed up, not proper glued and tapped and therefore the leather- layers are not enough coalescedpost #3580 of 1447212/9/12 at 5:50ampost #3581 of 1447212/9/12 at 5:54ampost #3582 of 1447212/9/12 at 8:40amQuote:
Perfectly proper way to do do, and as simple as the trace indicates. It's tricky, but you should also try to do an arch measurement from bottom to top of foot at the arch and to pile pennies underneath arch and then measure. For MTO though, I think pepe will only be able to tell you which lasts you shouldn't go with as it isn't bespoke and don't know if he will make adjustments to the instep, or footpad. There are foot measurement, after market kits that approximate what some makers send their clients for sizing, dimensions, but not necessarypost #3583 of 1447212/9/12 at 10:49amAny thoughts on whether I should be concerned about the finish on these LM 20038 ? The welt trimming looks a bit shoddy but I've never seen a 360 degree Norwegian construction. (They were supposed to be Norvegesse with pegged waist but they came 360) also a couple of what look like tool marks on the upper. Views appreciated! Apologies for the pic quality BTW[IMG][IMG][IMG]post #3584 of 1447212/9/12 at 1:22pm
Anyone else experiencing a very slow response rate on classic collection (non-custom) shoes?
I placed an order 3 weeks ago, was contacted a week later to say that the shoes were available and ready to ship, and that a PayPal invoice would be arriving shortly. Have heard nothing since then (15 days), and Sandro has not responded to my email follow-up.
Not sure if this is a normal part of the "mañana mañana" business culture in Spain...
Thanks!post #3585 of 1447212/9/12 at 3:20pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
- › Nigel Cabourn 38 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 44 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Cordovan Shortwing Bluchers - 9.5E 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?