OK, Sandro or Pepe? Also, do any of you know how to do it? What a pain in the ass this is, shouldn't it already be done for us beforehand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 239
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3572 of 1345812/7/12 at 10:20ampost #3573 of 1345812/7/12 at 4:01pmpost #3574 of 1345812/7/12 at 4:12pmpost #3575 of 1345812/7/12 at 7:12pmpost #3576 of 1345812/8/12 at 2:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by newtoshoes
apart from you group order, can anyone tell me if the squeaking of my pair from the Classic Line is normal? I would really appreciate your help before I contact Meermin.
It's a Meermin exclusive, an attraction getter innovation. The listener looks to the source, sees the shoes and compliments you- quite novel. The squeeking should go away, I've had it occasionally with AE. Usually just the layers of the outsole/ welt, and will work out of shoe. I'm not saying it's right but simply notify Pepe, and wear for a few weeks. I think it would be premature to send back now and am sure at that point, if the baby doll wistle/ squeek doesn't fall silent, he'll repair/replace.post #3577 of 1345812/8/12 at 2:45pmpost #3578 of 1345812/9/12 at 4:45ampost #3579 of 1345812/9/12 at 4:48amQuote:
Usually a shoe squeaks because the leather layers are not enough roughed up, not proper glued and tapped and therefore the leather- layers are not enough coalescedpost #3580 of 1345812/9/12 at 5:50ampost #3581 of 1345812/9/12 at 5:54ampost #3582 of 1345812/9/12 at 8:40amQuote:
Perfectly proper way to do do, and as simple as the trace indicates. It's tricky, but you should also try to do an arch measurement from bottom to top of foot at the arch and to pile pennies underneath arch and then measure. For MTO though, I think pepe will only be able to tell you which lasts you shouldn't go with as it isn't bespoke and don't know if he will make adjustments to the instep, or footpad. There are foot measurement, after market kits that approximate what some makers send their clients for sizing, dimensions, but not necessarypost #3583 of 1345812/9/12 at 10:49amAny thoughts on whether I should be concerned about the finish on these LM 20038 ? The welt trimming looks a bit shoddy but I've never seen a 360 degree Norwegian construction. (They were supposed to be Norvegesse with pegged waist but they came 360) also a couple of what look like tool marks on the upper. Views appreciated! Apologies for the pic quality BTW[IMG][IMG][IMG]post #3584 of 1345812/9/12 at 1:22pm
Anyone else experiencing a very slow response rate on classic collection (non-custom) shoes?
I placed an order 3 weeks ago, was contacted a week later to say that the shoes were available and ready to ship, and that a PayPal invoice would be arriving shortly. Have heard nothing since then (15 days), and Sandro has not responded to my email follow-up.
Not sure if this is a normal part of the "mañana mañana" business culture in Spain...
Thanks!post #3585 of 1345812/9/12 at 3:20pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Australian Members 19 seconds ago
- › Carmina GMTO 19 seconds ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Opinion on athletic style quarter zip tops 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...