Side-by-side, the 7000 looks significantly better to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 237post #3541 of 1347612/6/12 at 2:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 1347612/6/12 at 2:15pmpost #3543 of 1347612/6/12 at 3:02pmpost #3544 of 1347612/6/12 at 3:08pm
pm'ed, +1 Hiro last, LM hand welted.Quote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Here you go. Derby is Meermin on their Hiro last. Oxford is JL City on their 7000 last (same as Phillip II). I've made the pictures black and white so that you're not distracted by the differences in color.
JL's 7000 seems a touch more sleek to me, with a lower instep.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably because Meermin is in a derby form without a hard closed vamp stitching?
JL has much more refined lasts for sure, but Meermin still has considerably better last than AE/Alden or more last options than C&J.post #3545 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:33pmpost #3546 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:33pmpost #3547 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:34pmpost #3548 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:41pmQuote:
Sounds very useful.
Also, if gyasih or someone else can comment on which Meermin last (or lasts) have a high instep (ie high vertical height), that would be extremely useful to me and will be greatly appreciated.post #3549 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:53pmpost #3550 of 1347612/6/12 at 4:56pm
Thanks Dieworkwear for the great photos I personally think that it would look nicer on the Olfe last which is almost similar to JL's last.
I'm also declaring that orders are closed for the group buy. Received more then 15 inquiries/confirmed orders and eventhough some one them will cancel their orders., I think we have the 15 pairs that we need for this group order.
I will sort out with Pepe on the specs when I hear from him and also the price/last issue (whether we can get it done on both Hiro/Olfe last). For those who have kindly provided me their email, I will update you guys via emailpost #3551 of 1347612/6/12 at 5:12pmpost #3552 of 1347612/6/12 at 5:30pmpost #3553 of 1347612/6/12 at 5:51pmpost #3554 of 1347612/6/12 at 5:53pmpost #3555 of 1347612/6/12 at 5:59pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Any One for a Scotch? 50 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...