Side-by-side, the 7000 looks significantly better to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 237post #3541 of 1528612/6/12 at 2:14pmpost #3542 of 1528612/6/12 at 2:15pmpost #3543 of 1528612/6/12 at 3:02pmpost #3544 of 1528612/6/12 at 3:08pm
pm'ed, +1 Hiro last, LM hand welted.Quote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Here you go. Derby is Meermin on their Hiro last. Oxford is JL City on their 7000 last (same as Phillip II). I've made the pictures black and white so that you're not distracted by the differences in color.
JL's 7000 seems a touch more sleek to me, with a lower instep.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably because Meermin is in a derby form without a hard closed vamp stitching?
JL has much more refined lasts for sure, but Meermin still has considerably better last than AE/Alden or more last options than C&J.post #3545 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:33pmpost #3546 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:33pmpost #3547 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:34pmpost #3548 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:41pmQuote:
Sounds very useful.
Also, if gyasih or someone else can comment on which Meermin last (or lasts) have a high instep (ie high vertical height), that would be extremely useful to me and will be greatly appreciated.post #3549 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:53pmpost #3550 of 1528612/6/12 at 4:56pm
Thanks Dieworkwear for the great photos I personally think that it would look nicer on the Olfe last which is almost similar to JL's last.
I'm also declaring that orders are closed for the group buy. Received more then 15 inquiries/confirmed orders and eventhough some one them will cancel their orders., I think we have the 15 pairs that we need for this group order.
I will sort out with Pepe on the specs when I hear from him and also the price/last issue (whether we can get it done on both Hiro/Olfe last). For those who have kindly provided me their email, I will update you guys via emailpost #3551 of 1528612/6/12 at 5:12pmpost #3552 of 1528612/6/12 at 5:30pmpost #3553 of 1528612/6/12 at 5:51pmpost #3554 of 1528612/6/12 at 5:53pmpost #3555 of 1528612/6/12 at 5:59pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 57 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...