That is a very good point! I guess because you can´t order it online, I never got that far! My point was though, that the carminas really aren´t that much more expensive. It´s probably a matter of around 50$ or so. (cordovans are more though)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 222
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh I can, just too lazy.
Hand welted, yeah, I´m aware of that. Just trying to figure out which would be the better one. I´ve seen the carminas in person, and they look great. The meermins look great too, but they seem to have had a lot of quality issues from what I´ve read here. (not much major, but splitting soles, bad stitching, and such) Does them being hand welted make them so much better? Is the lower price worth the possibly worse quality (even if just slightly).
These are the questions I was seeking answers to. If you have experience with either one of them, I welcome you to share your experience.
Carmina shell is horween and a lot nicer than the Argentinian shell meermin uses.
The problem with Carmina's site is size/ availability. I am purchasing through the Paris store for 535 euro incliuding shipping, the Simpson Shell in cognac. Miho is incredibly helpful and the price is just slightly higher. Plus, for those of you with import phobia, they will ship EMS; unfortunately, they cannot do credit card via states and therefore you need to wire or Paypal and the salesperson then loses commission. I won't do that to her ( that's what she said- shut up)
I did filled it out when Meermin shipped via FedEx to California.
The difference in price between Meermin and Carmina isn´t very big really. Not sure about the MTO, but the handwelted goodyears are 260 euro on meermin, while the rain last is 275 at carminas site. Carminas cordovans look great too. Only 444 euro! Wish I had seen the meermins for real. It´s hard to choose just by pictures.
Meermin LM handwelted shoes wears very different than any other GY welted shoes that I have. Feels softer and sturdier.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 52 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Rome / Naples Advice 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...