That is a very good point! I guess because you can´t order it online, I never got that far! My point was though, that the carminas really aren´t that much more expensive. It´s probably a matter of around 50$ or so. (cordovans are more though)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 222post #3316 of 1348211/25/12 at 3:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3317 of 1348211/25/12 at 6:36ampost #3318 of 1348211/25/12 at 7:24am
Oh I can, just too lazy.
Hand welted, yeah, I´m aware of that. Just trying to figure out which would be the better one. I´ve seen the carminas in person, and they look great. The meermins look great too, but they seem to have had a lot of quality issues from what I´ve read here. (not much major, but splitting soles, bad stitching, and such) Does them being hand welted make them so much better? Is the lower price worth the possibly worse quality (even if just slightly).
These are the questions I was seeking answers to. If you have experience with either one of them, I welcome you to share your experience.post #3319 of 1348211/25/12 at 7:27amQuote:
Carmina shell is horween and a lot nicer than the Argentinian shell meermin uses.post #3320 of 1348211/25/12 at 9:03ampost #3321 of 1348211/25/12 at 2:46pm
The problem with Carmina's site is size/ availability. I am purchasing through the Paris store for 535 euro incliuding shipping, the Simpson Shell in cognac. Miho is incredibly helpful and the price is just slightly higher. Plus, for those of you with import phobia, they will ship EMS; unfortunately, they cannot do credit card via states and therefore you need to wire or Paypal and the salesperson then loses commission. I won't do that to her ( that's what she said- shut up)post #3322 of 1348211/26/12 at 9:13ampost #3323 of 1348211/26/12 at 9:31ampost #3324 of 1348211/26/12 at 10:53ampost #3325 of 1348211/26/12 at 10:54ampost #3326 of 1348211/26/12 at 10:56ampost #3327 of 1348211/26/12 at 11:18ampost #3328 of 1348211/26/12 at 12:44pmpost #3329 of 1348211/26/12 at 5:20pmpost #3330 of 1348211/26/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
I did filled it out when Meermin shipped via FedEx to California.Quote:Originally Posted by Stefan88
The difference in price between Meermin and Carmina isn´t very big really. Not sure about the MTO, but the handwelted goodyears are 260 euro on meermin, while the rain last is 275 at carminas site. Carminas cordovans look great too. Only 444 euro! Wish I had seen the meermins for real. It´s hard to choose just by pictures.
Meermin LM handwelted shoes wears very different than any other GY welted shoes that I have. Feels softer and sturdier.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › GAY? 9 minutes ago
- › SARTORIA FORMOSA SUIT - MINNIS GREY FRESCO - 50R* 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...