That is a very good point! I guess because you can´t order it online, I never got that far! My point was though, that the carminas really aren´t that much more expensive. It´s probably a matter of around 50$ or so. (cordovans are more though)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 222post #3316 of 1444111/25/12 at 3:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3317 of 1444111/25/12 at 6:36ampost #3318 of 1444111/25/12 at 7:24am
Oh I can, just too lazy.
Hand welted, yeah, I´m aware of that. Just trying to figure out which would be the better one. I´ve seen the carminas in person, and they look great. The meermins look great too, but they seem to have had a lot of quality issues from what I´ve read here. (not much major, but splitting soles, bad stitching, and such) Does them being hand welted make them so much better? Is the lower price worth the possibly worse quality (even if just slightly).
These are the questions I was seeking answers to. If you have experience with either one of them, I welcome you to share your experience.post #3319 of 1444111/25/12 at 7:27amQuote:
Carmina shell is horween and a lot nicer than the Argentinian shell meermin uses.post #3320 of 1444111/25/12 at 9:03ampost #3321 of 1444111/25/12 at 2:46pm
The problem with Carmina's site is size/ availability. I am purchasing through the Paris store for 535 euro incliuding shipping, the Simpson Shell in cognac. Miho is incredibly helpful and the price is just slightly higher. Plus, for those of you with import phobia, they will ship EMS; unfortunately, they cannot do credit card via states and therefore you need to wire or Paypal and the salesperson then loses commission. I won't do that to her ( that's what she said- shut up)post #3322 of 1444111/26/12 at 9:13ampost #3323 of 1444111/26/12 at 9:31ampost #3324 of 1444111/26/12 at 10:53ampost #3325 of 1444111/26/12 at 10:54ampost #3326 of 1444111/26/12 at 10:56ampost #3327 of 1444111/26/12 at 11:18ampost #3328 of 1444111/26/12 at 12:44pmpost #3329 of 1444111/26/12 at 5:20pmpost #3330 of 1444111/26/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
I did filled it out when Meermin shipped via FedEx to California.Quote:Originally Posted by Stefan88
The difference in price between Meermin and Carmina isn´t very big really. Not sure about the MTO, but the handwelted goodyears are 260 euro on meermin, while the rain last is 275 at carminas site. Carminas cordovans look great too. Only 444 euro! Wish I had seen the meermins for real. It´s hard to choose just by pictures.
Meermin LM handwelted shoes wears very different than any other GY welted shoes that I have. Feels softer and sturdier.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 30 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...