or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 217

post #3241 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gold Bug View Post

I ordered these a couple of weeks back :

Didn't see anybody talk about them so I thought I'd share. I should be receiving them this week!
I have same pair in AE in Shell Mora model. Meermin is better- hate to admit. yours will be perfectly nice and give excitement and satisfaction AE cannot. I have becone an AE hater, with no good reason so my opinion is biased. Meermin however, stands on its own, and is clearly a better shoe
post #3242 of 11323

Planning on buying a pair of the 101332 black wholecuts from the Classic Line:

 

 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920

 

 

1000

 

They're on the Ama last.  I wear a 9.5E in the Allen Edmonds 8 last (Delray, Lasalle).  I was thinking of ordering a size US10 equivalent (so, size 9 at Meermin).  Any input on sizing for me based on the lasts?  I know the Ama last is a little narrow/tapered at the toe, so I do feel like sizing up a half size (especially since it will be a standard width rather than a wide) would be good, but if anyone has any more specific input/suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

post #3243 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post


Just pre-ordered these beauties, thanks for heads up.
But...45 days to wait.

 

x2. Can't wait to get these ones!

post #3244 of 11323
Fedex just left me a voice mail with clearance delay ffffuuuu.gif
post #3245 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


These shoes by far. The black is more formal, the dainite, suede, pebble grain, and side lacing are less formal. Its entirely incongruant. You can't wear them with CBD, and brown is infinitely more interesting with less formal suits and casual wear. I can see absolutely no practical purpose for these things...then again, that goes for a lot of the MTO stuff that people get...and that goes for G&G and the like as well.

 

That pair of MTO is not CBD or classic by any measure but is at the same time fashion forward enough to be pretty good looking, suitable for all casual outfits especially the goth ninja style.  Perfect use of black on black in four different textures; two grained leather textures and two sheen of black from suede.  Any other color will not look nearly as good.

 

p.s., as I commented on G&G MTOs threak, some of those MTO'ers have the taste of butchers from Dubai that won the lotteries (original credit to Fuuma).

post #3246 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

Fedex just left me a voice mail with clearance delay ffffuuuu.gif

 

Did you order shoe trees?

post #3247 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

Did you order shoe trees?

 

I also had a clearance delay and I did not order shoe trees. 2 pairs of shoes though so I believe it mine was stopped because it was above a certain value.

post #3248 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

 

I also had a clearance delay and I did not order shoe trees. 2 pairs of shoes though so I believe it mine was stopped because it was above a certain value.

 

I just know that shoe trees requires additional forms to be filled out due to wooden product import restrictions.

post #3249 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Did you order shoe trees?

no reason was shoe over $250
post #3250 of 11323
Sandro cleared up my FedEx issue from last week right away. Communication has been very prompt with regard to my transaction. Can't wait to get the shoes.
post #3251 of 11323
I just received that pair you are ordering, in a 12UK. As I mentioned earlier, for sizing, the Ama works fine as a one size decrease from AE, regardless of last. I wear a 13 D AE, and it was fine. The Ama lists as a "soft square" , less elongated and tapered than the New Rey, but chiseled enough to not have the bulbous, round look so prevalent in so many AE models. Personally, the toe box gives enough space. The uppers are stiff initially, but nicely tight grained and an overall superior value.
post #3252 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

I just received that pair you are ordering, in a 12UK. As I mentioned earlier, for sizing, the Ama works fine as a one size decrease from AE, regardless of last. I wear a 13 D AE, and it was fine. The Ama lists as a "soft square" , less elongated and tapered than the New Rey, but chiseled enough to not have the bulbous, round look so prevalent in so many AE models. Personally, the toe box gives enough space. The uppers are stiff initially, but nicely tight grained and an overall superior value.

 

Were you replying to me and my post regarding the black whole cut?  

 

If so, that all makes sense, and thanks for the input.  Can you post pictures of your shoes?  Thanks!

post #3253 of 11323
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/golfinfool22/36a9eea910e06f55477fac364b65fa88_zpsedccb84b.jpghttp://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/golfinfool22/36a9eea910e06f55477fac364b65fa88_zpsedccb84b.jpg

I don't yet know how to upload from Ipad/ photobucket, but can email photos if you PM me. Yes, these are Ama black wholecuts. I am also doing a couple MTO's with Pepe, one of which is a whiskey pebble grain, 3 eyelet plain toe derby ( blucher), in a partial Norvegese with GY and wood pegged waist. Pepe is an outstanding communicator, and treats his customers as though they are placing bespoke orders.
post #3254 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

 MTO Update biggrin.gif

Very 30s/40s and very nice shape and colour! fistbump.gif
post #3255 of 11323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/golfinfool22/36a9eea910e06f55477fac364b65fa88_zpsedccb84b.jpghttp://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/golfinfool22/36a9eea910e06f55477fac364b65fa88_zpsedccb84b.jpg
I don't yet know how to upload from Ipad/ photobucket, but can email photos if you PM me. Yes, these are Ama black wholecuts. I am also doing a couple MTO's with Pepe, one of which is a whiskey pebble grain, 3 eyelet plain toe derby ( blucher), in a partial Norvegese with GY and wood pegged waist. Pepe is an outstanding communicator, and treats his customers as though they are placing bespoke orders.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes