Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 215
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3212 of 1445811/16/12 at 9:53ampost #3213 of 1445811/16/12 at 10:01ampost #3214 of 1445811/16/12 at 10:16ampost #3215 of 1445811/16/12 at 10:33ampost #3216 of 1445811/16/12 at 11:50amQuote:
While no doubt interesting, these confuse me. Where and how will you wear a shoe that has pebbled grain, suede, brouge-ing, and laces on the side?post #3217 of 1445811/16/12 at 11:56amQuote:
Not my shoes, but I would definitely wear those to work, play, or whenever. Different styles for different folks. Would you be more turned off if you came across someone wearing the shoes shown or by looking at sneakers?post #3218 of 1445811/16/12 at 1:53pmQuote:
These shoes by far. The black is more formal, the dainite, suede, pebble grain, and side lacing are less formal. Its entirely incongruant. You can't wear them with CBD, and brown is infinitely more interesting with less formal suits and casual wear. I can see absolutely no practical purpose for these things...then again, that goes for a lot of the MTO stuff that people get...and that goes for G&G and the like as well.post #3219 of 1445811/16/12 at 2:21pmpost #3220 of 1445811/16/12 at 3:00pmpost #3221 of 1445811/16/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarioImpemba
Give me a break. You guys live by some antiquated dress code that is neither rational nor playful. You don't have to shit on someone else's MTO because you have a preconceived idea of what you think is style-law. Your obstinance and condescension only serves my point.post #3222 of 1445811/16/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Quadcammer
These shoes by far. The black is more formal, the dainite, suede, pebble grain, and side lacing are less formal. Its entirely incongruant. You can't wear them with CBD, and brown is infinitely more interesting with less formal suits and casual wear. I can see absolutely no practical purpose for these things...then again, that goes for a lot of the MTO stuff that people get...and that goes for G&G and the like as well.
MTO = no rules attachedpost #3223 of 1445811/16/12 at 4:36pmpost #3224 of 1445811/17/12 at 1:41am
I wrote to Sandro and he replied to say that he checked with the factory and they claim that because its a handmade shoe, its an aesthetic issue that happens.
I have a couple of their LM models but this is my first classic model and its leaving quite a bitter experience.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...