Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 208post #3106 of 1442211/8/12 at 2:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3107 of 1442211/8/12 at 3:53amQuote:
* * *
I thought the Rui was really wide:
Did you perhaps mean the New Rey?post #3108 of 1442211/8/12 at 4:02amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBDQuote:
* * *
I thought the Rui was really wide:
Did you perhaps mean the New Rey?
I would assume he did, or Vil. I take my normal size in the Rui, so..post #3109 of 1442211/8/12 at 5:05amQuote:
The Rui last is anything but narrow. I have a fairly wide foot and the Rui last is a good fit for me. I am a U.S. 12D in most shoes and went with the 11UK in the Rui last. I almost could have gone a half size smaller. For comparison's sake, an11UK on the C&J 337 last is a tough fit for me width-wise and very tight.post #3110 of 1442211/8/12 at 8:50ampost #3111 of 1442211/8/12 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
The Rui last is anything but narrow. I have a fairly wide foot and the Rui last is a good fit for me. I am a U.S. 12D in most shoes and went with the 11UK in the Rui last. I almost could have gone a half size smaller. For comparison's sake, an11UK on the C&J 337 last is a tough fit for me width-wise and very tight.
How is the instep of the Rui? My C&J 337's are UK8.5. The length is fine (wouldn't want them longer), the width is just fine, but the instep is a bit too low, as you can see here:
(They were new in the pic; they've stretched a little bit since then, but not much.)post #3112 of 1442211/8/12 at 10:26amQuote:
The lacing gap on my Belgraves is not as wide as yours, but I too find them a little low and restricting. The Rui last is much more accommodating for a higher instep.post #3113 of 1442211/8/12 at 10:58amQuote:
Good to hear, thanks. So, you'd assume for me, the same UK size 337/Rui would be fine?post #3114 of 1442211/8/12 at 11:17ampost #3115 of 1442211/8/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
I would think so. If you want to play it safe, e-mail Meermin to ask for the sole and last measurements for the same size and one half size down. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org I got an answer back within 2 hours when I did this.post #3116 of 1442211/8/12 at 1:52pmpost #3117 of 1442211/8/12 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
I would think so. If you want to play it safe, e-mail Meermin to ask for the sole and last measurements for the same size and one half size down. You can e-mail email@example.com I got an answer back within 2 hours when I did this.
I will, thanks. No concrete plans at the moment, but good to have some info beforehand. Do you happen to have a Meermin Hiro as well? And can you say something about Hiro vs. 337?post #3118 of 1442211/8/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
I have a pair in the Ben last and had tried on 337 before. 337 definitely has slightly more instep girth and more metatarsal width.
Meermin should be able to adjust the last in their MTO program.post #3119 of 1442211/8/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
No experience with the Hiro last, but the measurements e-mailed to me appeared to be only slightly more narrow than the Rui measurements.post #3120 of 1442211/8/12 at 2:24pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Ankle opening? 30 seconds ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 34 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 2 minutes ago
- › Canali or Zegna on Bluefly 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Slim wallets recommendation 6 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...