or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 204

post #3046 of 11789

Hey guys. Been trying to decide between some allen edmonds and Meermin.

 

Ideally I'd like these (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1955) but in a possibly lighter color and with a normal sole. Do you think that's an option? or is it just what the website has?

 

Also seriously considering some brown/tan dub monks... oh man, I'm going to need more money.

post #3047 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayross View Post

Hey guys. Been trying to decide between some allen edmonds and Meermin.

 

Ideally I'd like these (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1955) but in a possibly lighter color and with a normal sole. Do you think that's an option? or is it just what the website has?

 

Also seriously considering some brown/tan dub monks... oh man, I'm going to need more money.

 When looking at pricing, the Meermin Classic Collection is cheaper than Allen Edmonds.  I have quite a few pairs of AE shoes, a couple new and a handful from eBay.  I bought my first pair of Meermins and received them last week.  They are awesome.  There is a 3 week wait on some models bc they are experiencing a high volume of demand but the shipping was pretty fast.  1 pair of Meermin classic collection is going to run you around $220 (shipping included) and a pair of AE new will run $335 before taxes.  I havent gotten the opportunity to break in my Meermins to be able to give you a ringing endorsement on their quality but you can tell it is a well-made, high quality shoe.  Definitely worth the money and it is very visually appealing.  I like both Meermin and AE.  I will definitely be expanding my Meermin collection though in my future shoe purchases.

 

I spoke with Luisa who works at Meermin and she said they are looking to expand their collection and to check back in a month or so.  So they may have more options for you in a month or so.

post #3048 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayross View Post

Hey guys. Been trying to decide between some allen edmonds and Meermin.

 

Ideally I'd like these (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1955) but in a possibly lighter color and with a normal sole. Do you think that's an option? or is it just what the website has?

 

Also seriously considering some brown/tan dub monks... oh man, I'm going to need more money.

I have both AE and now, my first pair of Meermin.  AE's customer service and ability to work with you to dial in your right size beats Meermin hands down.  If you get your size wrong with Meermin, you're out of luck due to the cost of shipping overseas.  I think Meermin wins with regard to having sleeker lasts on certain  models at roughly the same quality as AE.  Based on the shoe you linked, the AE comparable would be the Kenilworth, which is one of AE's better 5 last shoes, so, if it were me, I would probably go AE on this one.  Someone posted that Amazon has a 20% off deal on AE's now along with the ability to sign up for a shoe coupon mail list, which will get you an additional 20% off.

post #3049 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I have both AE and now, my first pair of Meermin.  AE's customer service and ability to work with you to dial in your right size beats Meermin hands down.  If you get your size wrong with Meermin, you're out of luck due to the cost of shipping overseas.  I think Meermin wins with regard to having sleeker lasts on certain  models at roughly the same quality as AE.  Based on the shoe you linked, the AE comparable would be the Kenilworth, which is one of AE's better 5 last shoes, so, if it were me, I would probably go AE on this one.  Someone posted that Amazon has a 20% off deal on AE's now along with the ability to sign up for a shoe coupon mail list, which will get you an additional 20% off.

+1

And the poster before New Sheos1 mentioned the price of AE Shoes. Buy on sale or factory seconds with minimal defects and you're looking at $220

post #3050 of 11789
Re-post for...obvious reasons.

post #3051 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

Here is my noob question:

To what extent Meermin can compare to Magnanni in all respects?

The higher end Magnannis are very nice, but most models use Blake or Bologna construction. Not a bad thing per-se, but if that's not your thing, better go with Meermin. Magnanni leathers seem to be of slightly inferior quality, too; but it depends on the model in question.

post #3052 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Re-post for...obvious reasons.

what of it?

nothing all that impressive there.
post #3053 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

what of it?
nothing all that impressive there.

I agree.
post #3054 of 11789

The speedhooks are awful.

 

That said, what's impressive is the presumed price of those.

 

The only competitive offering is the Andrew Lock Northampton boot that I'm not keen on.

 

Otherwise, where can you get a boot like that south of a Carmina MTO price-point?

post #3055 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


what of it?
nothing all that impressive there.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post


I agree.

Show me an MTO suede/calf balmoral boot comparable to the meermins for 521 USD, because that is what they cost.

 

The only drawback is the wait, the MTO's you saw carry a hefty wait time (thats why I didn't pull the trigger a couple weeks ago). The "normal" calf balmorals wont be available for awhile.

post #3056 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Show me an MTO suede/calf balmoral boot comparable to the meermins for 521 USD, because that is what they cost.

The only drawback is the wait, the MTO's you saw carry a hefty wait time (thats why I didn't pull the trigger a couple weeks ago), an the normal calf balmorals wont be available for awhile.

who cares, that shit is hideous.
post #3057 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


who cares, that shit is hideous.

In your opinion, and I'd be willing to bet it's in the minority with regard to the boots being "hideous".

Not your cup of tea fine, but they are not fugly, come on....

post #3058 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

In your opinion, and I'd be willing to bet it's in the minority with regard to the boots being "hideous".
Not your cup of tea fine, but they are not fugly, come on....

This website has a hard on for these suede/calf monstrosities. They are boots that end up sitting in people's closets because they look costumey and ridiculous with modern clothes (as classic as they may be).

On here, they get a lot of love. In the real world, I'd bet the vast majority of people would think they look stupid, me included.

The worst is those losers in the G&G thread. You could put up a piece of dogshit on top of a G&G insole and they would all go nuts fawning over it.
post #3059 of 11789

Just 'cause you can't pull it off doesn't mean we can't breh.

 

The vast majority of people wear black bicycle-toe shoes. What's your point exactly? Did you forget you're posting on a Style forum?

 

I think wing-tips are ugly, but I wouldn't let my bias allow me to make a blanketed statement that all wing-tips are shit and stupid, c'mon.

post #3060 of 11789
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Just 'cause you can't pull it off doesn't mean we can't breh.

The vast majority of people wear black bicycle-toe shoes. What's your point exactly? Did you forget you're posting on a Style forum?

I think wing-tips are ugly, but I wouldn't let my bias allow me to make a blanketed statement that all wing-tips are shit and stupid, c'mon.

ok, lets see pics of you "pulling it off". You'll look ridiculous.

Having style doesn't necessarily mean you look good btw.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes