Anyone have any experience with the Linea Maestro line on the Hiro last? The new rey is just a little to narrow for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 180post #2686 of 1352110/5/12 at 5:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2687 of 1352110/5/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by chogall
That is a very unique construction feature within its peers at the same price range.
I have not yet been impressed by any shoes under $450 BNIB range, but then I only have experience with AE, CH, C&J Benchgrade.
Now if we rewind to pre-lehman, than C&J handgrade at $400ish is hard to beat.
unique feature, it is, but not a clear indicator of quality. I'd take a well executed GY welt every day over a sloppily done handwelt.post #2688 of 1352110/5/12 at 9:01ampost #2689 of 1352110/5/12 at 9:36ampost #2690 of 1352110/5/12 at 9:43am
I am also thinking about getting their double monks. I've read this thread but i'm still undecided. At $250 for the Meermin shipped, is there any other double monk you guys would recommend for around the same price. I would pay a little more than that also. I had a pair of Antonio Maurizi that I got from Gilt and paid near $300 for but I didn't care for them, they seemed cheaply made. Advice appreciatedpost #2691 of 1352110/5/12 at 10:19ampost #2692 of 1352110/5/12 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by adsmith4
I am also thinking about getting their double monks. I've read this thread but i'm still undecided. At $250 for the Meermin shipped, is there any other double monk you guys would recommend for around the same price. I would pay a little more than that also. I had a pair of Antonio Maurizi that I got from Gilt and paid near $300 for but I didn't care for them, they seemed cheaply made. Advice appreciated
I have a couple pairs. Nothing I can think of at 250.00 retail is even close to the value of Meermin.
There are folks who compare AE, but I find AE to be to conservative and blocky.post #2693 of 1352110/5/12 at 10:25am
Check out these posts on DieWorkwear:post #2694 of 1352110/5/12 at 11:45ampost #2695 of 1352110/5/12 at 11:56amQuote:
I have 3 pairs of Meermin's, all shell and so far they are, in my opinion top quality shoes. I have had the opportunity to wear my Burgundy shell PTB's on a number of occasions and while the shell was a bit stiff at first after wearing them, a little Saphir and a bit of brushing they are getting softer all the time. Very very comfortable out of the box and actually are more comfortable than my AE and Alden PTB's.post #2696 of 1352110/5/12 at 12:41pmpost #2697 of 1352110/5/12 at 12:45pmpost #2698 of 1352110/5/12 at 12:48pmQuote:
Within the price range, I have seen enough poorly executed Alden, C&J Benchgrade and AE, so the bar has been set pretty low.post #2699 of 1352110/5/12 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
This is killing me. Ordered shell PTBs end of July, was told 30 days to ship. Followed up after 30, Sandro said they had delays in receiving shells and needed two more weeks. Followed up Mondaylast week; Sandro said they'd finish and ship them out "early next week." Still no shipping notice or status update. I understand production delays and I don't hold it against them, I'm just getting antsy!Quote:Originally Posted by UPS
This message was sent to you at the request of MEERMIN 1951,S.L. to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS.
Monday, 10/08/2012, By End of Day
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 34 seconds ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Shoe Porn: Norvegese, Bentivegna, Goyser, BIG Stitch & BIG Welts ONLY! 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...