Are you sure about that? I think they're directed more towards those kinds of women.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 170post #2536 of 144789/21/12 at 9:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2537 of 144789/21/12 at 9:41amWhat's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)
Edited by Superfluous - 9/21/12 at 9:57ampost #2538 of 144789/21/12 at 9:47am
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.post #2539 of 144789/21/12 at 9:55ampost #2540 of 144789/21/12 at 11:07ampost #2541 of 144789/21/12 at 11:11ampost #2542 of 144789/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.
My mother was a pretty elegant woman in her day. She used to wear Ferragamo kiltie loafers (which she called 'flats') and low healed lace up wing tips quite a bit. These would be 'winter' shoes worn mostly with woolen trousers and big cashmere sweaters.
Given that she only bought quality stuff, kept a big wardrobe, and took immaculate care of everything I'm sure they are still in her closet. Although I don't recall seeing them on her recently.post #2543 of 144789/21/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The best last is the one that fits you. And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.
Edited by chogall - 9/21/12 at 12:33pmpost #2544 of 144789/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #2545 of 144789/21/12 at 1:22pmpost #2546 of 144789/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #2547 of 144789/21/12 at 8:09pmpost #2548 of 144789/21/12 at 8:18pmpost #2549 of 144789/21/12 at 8:32pmpost #2550 of 144789/21/12 at 9:15pm
Purple all day every dayQuote:Quote:
Love women in brogues or dubmonks
i could go on.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 52 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 15 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.