Are you sure about that? I think they're directed more towards those kinds of women.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 170post #2536 of 134559/21/12 at 9:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2537 of 134559/21/12 at 9:41amWhat's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)
Edited by Superfluous - 9/21/12 at 9:57ampost #2538 of 134559/21/12 at 9:47am
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.post #2539 of 134559/21/12 at 9:55ampost #2540 of 134559/21/12 at 11:07ampost #2541 of 134559/21/12 at 11:11ampost #2542 of 134559/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.
My mother was a pretty elegant woman in her day. She used to wear Ferragamo kiltie loafers (which she called 'flats') and low healed lace up wing tips quite a bit. These would be 'winter' shoes worn mostly with woolen trousers and big cashmere sweaters.
Given that she only bought quality stuff, kept a big wardrobe, and took immaculate care of everything I'm sure they are still in her closet. Although I don't recall seeing them on her recently.post #2543 of 134559/21/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The best last is the one that fits you. And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.
Edited by chogall - 9/21/12 at 12:33pmpost #2544 of 134559/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #2545 of 134559/21/12 at 1:22pmpost #2546 of 134559/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #2547 of 134559/21/12 at 8:09pmpost #2548 of 134559/21/12 at 8:18pmpost #2549 of 134559/21/12 at 8:32pmpost #2550 of 134559/21/12 at 9:15pm
Purple all day every dayQuote:Quote:
Love women in brogues or dubmonks
i could go on.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Help me find this jacket 8 minutes ago
- › New Fashion Wholesalers or Dropshippers? 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 16 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 19 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 21 minutes ago
- › GUIDI 792Z (Size 44-45) 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...