Are you sure about that? I think they're directed more towards those kinds of women.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 170post #2536 of 152959/21/12 at 9:38ampost #2537 of 152959/21/12 at 9:41amWhat's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)
Edited by Superfluous - 9/21/12 at 9:57ampost #2538 of 152959/21/12 at 9:47am
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.post #2539 of 152959/21/12 at 9:55ampost #2540 of 152959/21/12 at 11:07ampost #2541 of 152959/21/12 at 11:11ampost #2542 of 152959/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.
My mother was a pretty elegant woman in her day. She used to wear Ferragamo kiltie loafers (which she called 'flats') and low healed lace up wing tips quite a bit. These would be 'winter' shoes worn mostly with woolen trousers and big cashmere sweaters.
Given that she only bought quality stuff, kept a big wardrobe, and took immaculate care of everything I'm sure they are still in her closet. Although I don't recall seeing them on her recently.post #2543 of 152959/21/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The best last is the one that fits you. And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.
Edited by chogall - 9/21/12 at 12:33pmpost #2544 of 152959/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #2545 of 152959/21/12 at 1:22pmpost #2546 of 152959/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #2547 of 152959/21/12 at 8:09pmpost #2548 of 152959/21/12 at 8:18pmpost #2549 of 152959/21/12 at 8:32pmpost #2550 of 152959/21/12 at 9:15pm
Purple all day every dayQuote:Quote:
Love women in brogues or dubmonks
i could go on.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 27 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 30 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 32 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...