or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 170

post #2536 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I see that Meermin is now selling women's shoes on the website.  Is there really a market for women's double monks and wingtip bluchers?  Asking because I do not think I've ever seen a woman wearing either in my entire life.  puzzled.gif

Not sure if there is a booming market but I'd quite like to meet the women it caters for...,

post #2537 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsmoreshoes View Post

Not sure if there is a booming market but I'd quite like to meet the women it caters for...,

Are you sure about that? I think they're directed more towards those kinds of women.
post #2538 of 10973
What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?


Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)

tumblr_m8eb27y5f51r3fk48o2_1280.jpg
Edited by Superfluous - 9/21/12 at 9:57am
post #2539 of 10973

^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.

post #2540 of 10973
edit- miss-posted it.
post #2541 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsmoreshoes View Post

Not sure if there is a booming market but I'd quite like to meet the women it caters for...,

Girl I am seeing just bought the DMs.
post #2542 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


In case anyone else was considering stingray as well..

go purple or - GO HOME!
post #2543 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.

My mother was a pretty elegant woman in her day. She used to wear Ferragamo kiltie loafers (which she called 'flats') and low healed lace up wing tips quite a bit. These would be 'winter' shoes worn mostly with woolen trousers and big cashmere sweaters.

Given that she only bought quality stuff, kept a big wardrobe, and took immaculate care of everything I'm sure they are still in her closet. Although I don't recall seeing them on her recently.
post #2544 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

tumblr_m8eb27y5f51r3fk48o2_1280.jpg

 

 

 

The best last is the one that fits you.  And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.


Edited by chogall - 9/21/12 at 12:33pm
post #2545 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

The best last is the one that fits you.  And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.

Since I have slightly narrow feet, I'd probably want to go with New Rey, right? What's the general size conversion for New Rey?
post #2546 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post


Since I have slightly narrow feet, I'd probably want to go with New Rey, right? What's the general size conversion for New Rey?

 

Best option would be send imprints of your feet to Carmina directly and ask for their advise. 

post #2547 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

go purple or - GO HOME!

For a briefcase or a belt smile.gif
post #2548 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

For a briefcase or a belt smile.gif

i need a purple belt, if you ask id love to know how much
post #2549 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

i need a purple belt, if you ask id love to know how much

Need or want wink.gif
post #2550 of 10973
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Need or want wink.gif

ordered eggplant shoes, so i guess its a need at this point
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes