Are you sure about that? I think they're directed more towards those kinds of women.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 170post #2536 of 144809/21/12 at 9:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2537 of 144809/21/12 at 9:41amWhat's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)
Edited by Superfluous - 9/21/12 at 9:57ampost #2538 of 144809/21/12 at 9:47am
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.post #2539 of 144809/21/12 at 9:55ampost #2540 of 144809/21/12 at 11:07ampost #2541 of 144809/21/12 at 11:11ampost #2542 of 144809/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
^^ There is definitely a market for women's wingtips! Though I'm not sure it's large at this price point. It is my impression that many women are used to purchasing poorly-made shoes, and may not see the value of these. Not as sure about the market for women's double monks. But I'm definitely with Needsmoreshoes on this one. I'm super into the way Janie Cai dresses a lot of the time, for example.
My mother was a pretty elegant woman in her day. She used to wear Ferragamo kiltie loafers (which she called 'flats') and low healed lace up wing tips quite a bit. These would be 'winter' shoes worn mostly with woolen trousers and big cashmere sweaters.
Given that she only bought quality stuff, kept a big wardrobe, and took immaculate care of everything I'm sure they are still in her closet. Although I don't recall seeing them on her recently.post #2543 of 144809/21/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
What's the consensus on the lasts? What do people like the best? Meermin seems to like the New Rey, putting them on most of their hand made models. Is it extended or simply slimmer-squared?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Which last are these? (I don't really like the idea of a captoe chelsea, but I like the last)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The best last is the one that fits you. And chances are if your feet fit New Rey, they wont fit Ben.
Edited by chogall - 9/21/12 at 12:33pmpost #2544 of 144809/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #2545 of 144809/21/12 at 1:22pmpost #2546 of 144809/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #2547 of 144809/21/12 at 8:09pmpost #2548 of 144809/21/12 at 8:18pmpost #2549 of 144809/21/12 at 8:32pmpost #2550 of 144809/21/12 at 9:15pm
Purple all day every dayQuote:Quote:
Love women in brogues or dubmonks
i could go on.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
- › BRAVE ICONS JEANS 59 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › what to say to hairdresser to get hair cut like this? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.