Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 145
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2162 of 144388/31/12 at 7:43ampost #2163 of 144388/31/12 at 7:59ampost #2164 of 144388/31/12 at 8:25ampost #2165 of 144388/31/12 at 8:26ampost #2166 of 144388/31/12 at 8:56ampost #2167 of 144388/31/12 at 9:17ampost #2168 of 144388/31/12 at 10:36ampost #2169 of 144388/31/12 at 1:38pmpost #2170 of 144388/31/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.post #2171 of 144388/31/12 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by circumspice
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.
I got a 7.5 UK, which is a .5 size up in the new rey that I purchased (hasn't arrived yet). Should I not have sized up?
Based on my measurements, that's what Luisa suggested ordering, even though I have never purchased an 8.5 US dress shoes as they tend to be big.post #2172 of 144388/31/12 at 2:31pmpost #2173 of 144388/31/12 at 2:55pmQuote:1 full size from a normal (ie non-barrie last or similar) US shoe? Thanks a tonOriginally Posted by circumspice
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.post #2174 of 144388/31/12 at 4:04pmpost #2175 of 144388/31/12 at 4:36pmQuote:
I am 11 US in AE last 5, 11 US in RLPL (Sassetti), 11US/10.5UK in EG, 11 in BB Peal by Alfred Sargent (87 last, I don't know if BB conversion is UK+1 or +.5, but I am guessing +1).
10 UK in Meermin Olfe, 10 UK in Carmina Simpson, 10 UK in DC Lewis 101 last, 10UK in Barker.
I am not an Alden guy, so I cannot offer anything on that front.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...