Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 145
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2162 of 134768/31/12 at 7:43ampost #2163 of 134768/31/12 at 7:59ampost #2164 of 134768/31/12 at 8:25ampost #2165 of 134768/31/12 at 8:26ampost #2166 of 134768/31/12 at 8:56ampost #2167 of 134768/31/12 at 9:17ampost #2168 of 134768/31/12 at 10:36ampost #2169 of 134768/31/12 at 1:38pmpost #2170 of 134768/31/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.post #2171 of 134768/31/12 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by circumspice
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.
I got a 7.5 UK, which is a .5 size up in the new rey that I purchased (hasn't arrived yet). Should I not have sized up?
Based on my measurements, that's what Luisa suggested ordering, even though I have never purchased an 8.5 US dress shoes as they tend to be big.post #2172 of 134768/31/12 at 2:31pmpost #2173 of 134768/31/12 at 2:55pmQuote:1 full size from a normal (ie non-barrie last or similar) US shoe? Thanks a tonOriginally Posted by circumspice
Size down 1 from US sizes. Olfe last is slightly narrow, but I like it a lot. If I were to do MTO, that would be the last. New Rey is very similar in width, but felt too long on me. People who recommend sizing up on New Rey sound insane to me, as someone who is hard on toes - the last thing I'd need is more length out of the New Rey.post #2174 of 134768/31/12 at 4:04pmpost #2175 of 134768/31/12 at 4:36pmQuote:
I am 11 US in AE last 5, 11 US in RLPL (Sassetti), 11US/10.5UK in EG, 11 in BB Peal by Alfred Sargent (87 last, I don't know if BB conversion is UK+1 or +.5, but I am guessing +1).
10 UK in Meermin Olfe, 10 UK in Carmina Simpson, 10 UK in DC Lewis 101 last, 10UK in Barker.
I am not an Alden guy, so I cannot offer anything on that front.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana - 100% Cashmere "Sweater - Jacket" 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Upper Class Taste 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...