or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 141

post #2101 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Personal experience is not a perpetuation of marketing and groupthink if indeed you have, based on your observations, noticed a difference.

well, these observations themselves are influenced by expectation.

It's also an unfair test because I don't know how many different tanneries make the other soles, since they don't mark their soles with ugly branding.

I've heard that Baker outsoles are just as good if not better. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the French chestnut tanneries perform just as well, and there are probably some good italian ones too.

I hate to perpetuate the groupthink because in general I think these things should be left up to the craftsmen who have experience in their material choices and probably don't need a customer telling them they should use X leather soles because someone on the internet told them that noone else knows how to properly tan sole bends.
Edited by hendrix - 8/28/12 at 11:47am
post #2102 of 11326

How is the New Rey in width compared to widths in Allen Edmonds? While I'm still waiting on my HIRO last monks (they will be too wide...) to try them on width wise, I'm dying to learn what if any of Meermin's lasts will fit me. I'm a B in AE, C might do in Park Ave. F in Loake as they have nothing else... goes but is wide thus meaning I need a shorter shoe.
 

post #2103 of 11326

There was an attempt a few months ago to get a group together for a MTO austerity brogue on the Olfe last in burgundy calfskin.  Have the shoes come in yet?  Really curious to see a picture of the final result.

post #2104 of 11326

One more question inspired by the ^brogue Olfe. Has anyone considered MTO gunboats from any other last (smaller in width that is) than AMA or RUI? Would love to hear some thoughts if someone has thought of this...
 

post #2105 of 11326
I'm part of this MTO and I paid a month ago, should expect within 2 months... long process frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

There was an attempt a few months ago to get a group together for a MTO austerity brogue on the Olfe last in burgundy calfskin.  Have the shoes come in yet?  Really curious to see a picture of the final result.
post #2106 of 11326

^buy a pair of MTO Sargents and wait 6 months... I find the Meermin MTO quite fast.
 

post #2107 of 11326
^ yeah i know. This is why I don't like going MTO or Bespoke too much cash tied up for too long. Cash is king and cashflow must be optimized haha
post #2108 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

I'm part of this MTO and I paid a month ago, should expect within 2 months... long process frown.gif

 

Definitely post pictures when they arrive.  Out of curiosity, did you get much of a discount for coordinating with others?

post #2109 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsg View Post

Could you snap a few pics? Would love to see them in action.

LM Double monks in "Naturcalf Marron". New Rey Last. These are available on their site.



As I posted last evening, I typically wear a US 11 B in most shoes (including AE, vintage Florsheims, etc). These are size 10. They seem a fraction big on their first wear, but I would stay at this size.

I am very happy with them and plan to place a new order soon. biggrin.gif

AHS
post #2110 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post


LM Double monks in "Naturcalf Marron". New Rey Last. These are available on their site.

As I posted last evening, I typically wear a US 11 B in most shoes (including AE, vintage Florsheims, etc). These are size 10. They seem a fraction big on their first wear, but I would stay at this size.
I am very happy with them and plan to place a new order soon. biggrin.gif
AHS

God, those are good looking shoes. Much better looking than the Linea Classiica cap toes IMHO. Congrats man! 

post #2111 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post


LM Double monks in "Naturcalf Marron". New Rey Last. These are available on their site.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

As I posted last evening, I typically wear a US 11 B in most shoes (including AE, vintage Florsheims, etc). These are size 10. They seem a fraction big on their first wear, but I would stay at this size.
I am very happy with them and plan to place a new order soon. biggrin.gif
AHS

 

Stunning. Can we get some pics in direct/more light? I'd like to see how the maroon plays with full on light. Even as it is, that's one delicious cranberry/burgundy flavor of maroon. Excellent choice.

post #2112 of 11326
My Olfe last Black captoe MTO's arrived this morning, along with a pair of classic line for my brother. I couldn't find any finishing faults on either of them having a quick look. There is a noticeable difference in the leather quality looking at both side to side. Pics to come tonight once I get the camera set up.
post #2113 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

There is a noticeable difference in the leather quality looking at both side to side.

Hopefully in your favor.

post #2114 of 11326
Absolutely
post #2115 of 11326
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Definitely post pictures when they arrive.  Out of curiosity, did you get much of a discount for coordinating with others?

We got a great price for it icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes