Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 139post #2072 of 152868/24/12 at 9:22pmpost #2073 of 152868/24/12 at 10:20pmpost #2074 of 152868/24/12 at 11:44pmQuote:
I have nearly the same measurements. You are size UK 8.5 with the Hiro last.. Probably need to go UK 9 for the New Rey.post #2075 of 152868/25/12 at 4:47ampost #2076 of 152868/25/12 at 1:27pmpost #2077 of 152868/25/12 at 1:30pmpost #2078 of 152868/25/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Got my order into Pepe and I have been impressed thus far with the service. Its taken about a week and dozen messages back and forth but now I wait. Pepe is lightning quick to respond and extremely knowledgeable. Looking forward to my boot.
Deets: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Collection: MTO
Style: Jodhpur boot
Last: New rey
Lasting: Hand lasted
Upper Leather: Burdeos Shell Cordovan (Argentina)
Lining Leather: Dark green
Sole: Full rubber sole
Edge finishing: Matching the upper
Construction: GY-2/ Handsewn Goodyear welted
Buckles: Solid stainless steel
Custom Text: Y.O.L.OQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
I need some help sizing the New Rey last. From what Ive read in this thread, the general consensus seems to be size down one from your US size. For me that would mean 11UK, US12D. Is this correct? I ask because when Pepe provided measurements for a size 10.5UK and an 11UK both looked smaller than expected:
I typically wear a size 12 shoes and most of my dress shoes (flat welt) measure 330ish x 115mm = 13" x 4.5"
Am i missing something here or am I going to have to size up to a 11.5UK instead of a 11UK?Quote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
update on new rey last fit. Pepe provided the measurements of the outsole of 3 sizes: 10.5, 11, and 11.5UK.
My initial understanding of the new rey last was to size down one size. However, once I compared measurements, its clear that New Rey last fits my foot best by sizing down only 1/2 size. 11UK is equivalent to about a US11.5 while the 11.5UK is comparable to US 12.Quote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
thanks. I would keep them. perhaps first test the market and then go from there? also keep in mind itll probably be another year before you see a pair of G&G in this leather
Im a 11.5 in the G&G wigmore
11 in Carmina INCA
Ordered a 11.5UK in the new rey
based on your sizing pattern, my boot may be too big. heads about to pop from figuring out this last.post #2079 of 152868/25/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
OK- I spoke with the lady from fedex on the phone and she actually said I wouldn't be getting charged... I will check it out though. I also emailed Luisa, more out of curiosity than anything, as I had been dealing with her on this order, and she told me Sandro was going to be taking care of it.
Meermin customer service FTW again!post #2080 of 152868/25/12 at 5:32pmpost #2081 of 152868/26/12 at 6:09am
Has anyone else not received any news from them lately?
I ordered two pairs of shoes just over a month ago, one being the 10172 dark brown natucalf - uk 9.5, which arrived 10 days ago, but my other pair - 101273 black calf uk 9 have not arrived yet :( I
've tried emailing them which was a week ago, and no response....so I am not quite sure what to think. I live in Australia so it could be shipping, but as I said, I ordered both pairs at the same time, on the same invoice, and one came almost 2 weeks ago, and I received the shipping details for that one, but havent heard of any news about the black pair......HELPpost #2082 of 152868/26/12 at 8:15am
^they are most likely closed for their summer vacation. And don't fret over delivery times - many times Meermin builds the pair you order from scratch so the delivery time can be 20 days or 45 days. Most likely your shoes will arrive in a separate shipment with no extra shipping charges to you. Meermin has very, very good (considering it is a Spanish company, I'd say amazingly good) customer service, but at least in my case Sandro, who is taking care of my order, didn't mention my HIRO monks are delayed until I asked her for an update on delivery times. He/she did however offer to send my 1st AMA wholecuts right away and then my monks later free of delivery charges.
skeen7908: You asked about size comparison with Loake... I'm still waiting for my HIRO last monks, but for the AMA last I can say, that at least in size UK 11.5 the AMA last would compare to a Capital/Pennine/024/026 in approx UK 11 (I'd love to say 10.75 because this is how I actually feel) in length and in width it falls somewhere around a 026 or a Pennine. The AMA IS wide. Too wide for a UK F last wearer. Then again so many people wear shoes that are too wide in fitting anyway...
Edited by konda - 8/26/12 at 10:05ampost #2083 of 152868/26/12 at 8:36ampost #2084 of 152868/26/12 at 10:05ampost #2085 of 152868/27/12 at 2:30am
I'm also very pleased with the service Meermin offers.
I contacted Sandro concerning the upper edge of the tongue that is a little of a different colour. Sandro advised me to try to polish it myself using black wax or to give the shoes to a shoemaker to solve the issue and they would refund me the fee for that.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 20 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 37 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 37 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...