Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 139
Styleforum Top Picks
I have nearly the same measurements. You are size UK 8.5 with the Hiro last.. Probably need to go UK 9 for the New Rey.
Got my order into Pepe and I have been impressed thus far with the service. Its taken about a week and dozen messages back and forth but now I wait. Pepe is lightning quick to respond and extremely knowledgeable. Looking forward to my boot.
Deets: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Style: Jodhpur boot
Last: New rey
Lasting: Hand lasted
Upper Leather: Burdeos Shell Cordovan (Argentina)
Lining Leather: Dark green
Sole: Full rubber sole
Edge finishing: Matching the upper
Construction: GY-2/ Handsewn Goodyear welted
Buckles: Solid stainless steel
Custom Text: Y.O.L.O
I need some help sizing the New Rey last. From what Ive read in this thread, the general consensus seems to be size down one from your US size. For me that would mean 11UK, US12D. Is this correct? I ask because when Pepe provided measurements for a size 10.5UK and an 11UK both looked smaller than expected:
I typically wear a size 12 shoes and most of my dress shoes (flat welt) measure 330ish x 115mm = 13" x 4.5"
Am i missing something here or am I going to have to size up to a 11.5UK instead of a 11UK?
update on new rey last fit. Pepe provided the measurements of the outsole of 3 sizes: 10.5, 11, and 11.5UK.
My initial understanding of the new rey last was to size down one size. However, once I compared measurements, its clear that New Rey last fits my foot best by sizing down only 1/2 size. 11UK is equivalent to about a US11.5 while the 11.5UK is comparable to US 12.
thanks. I would keep them. perhaps first test the market and then go from there? also keep in mind itll probably be another year before you see a pair of G&G in this leather
Im a 11.5 in the G&G wigmore
11 in Carmina INCA
Ordered a 11.5UK in the new rey
based on your sizing pattern, my boot may be too big. heads about to pop from figuring out this last.
OK- I spoke with the lady from fedex on the phone and she actually said I wouldn't be getting charged... I will check it out though. I also emailed Luisa, more out of curiosity than anything, as I had been dealing with her on this order, and she told me Sandro was going to be taking care of it.
Meermin customer service FTW again!
Has anyone else not received any news from them lately?
I ordered two pairs of shoes just over a month ago, one being the 10172 dark brown natucalf - uk 9.5, which arrived 10 days ago, but my other pair - 101273 black calf uk 9 have not arrived yet :( I
've tried emailing them which was a week ago, and no response....so I am not quite sure what to think. I live in Australia so it could be shipping, but as I said, I ordered both pairs at the same time, on the same invoice, and one came almost 2 weeks ago, and I received the shipping details for that one, but havent heard of any news about the black pair......HELP
^they are most likely closed for their summer vacation. And don't fret over delivery times - many times Meermin builds the pair you order from scratch so the delivery time can be 20 days or 45 days. Most likely your shoes will arrive in a separate shipment with no extra shipping charges to you. Meermin has very, very good (considering it is a Spanish company, I'd say amazingly good) customer service, but at least in my case Sandro, who is taking care of my order, didn't mention my HIRO monks are delayed until I asked her for an update on delivery times. He/she did however offer to send my 1st AMA wholecuts right away and then my monks later free of delivery charges.
skeen7908: You asked about size comparison with Loake... I'm still waiting for my HIRO last monks, but for the AMA last I can say, that at least in size UK 11.5 the AMA last would compare to a Capital/Pennine/024/026 in approx UK 11 (I'd love to say 10.75 because this is how I actually feel) in length and in width it falls somewhere around a 026 or a Pennine. The AMA IS wide. Too wide for a UK F last wearer. Then again so many people wear shoes that are too wide in fitting anyway...
Edited by konda - 8/26/12 at 10:05am
I'm also very pleased with the service Meermin offers.
I contacted Sandro concerning the upper edge of the tongue that is a little of a different colour. Sandro advised me to try to polish it myself using black wax or to give the shoes to a shoemaker to solve the issue and they would refund me the fee for that.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Red sole 7 minutes ago
- › Yves Saint Laurent’s ‘Scandal’ Collection 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...