or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 134

post #1996 of 11277
Ohhhhh fuck, received FedEx bill for $77 for my MTO that didn't fit. I'm beginning to suspect that FedEx has expanded their offerings to include anal probing and "Legitimate" rape.
post #1997 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibs View Post

Romp is the 3rd one snuff ?

Not sure the official term.

 

On the webstore i think its black, dark brown, light brown.

post #1998 of 11277

 

 

 

 

Hey guys,

 

I just received my black wholecuts on the Ama last (Classic line). As I stated earlier and as my nickname suggests I don't have much experience with better shoes. So I need your help.

 

As you can see on the first two pictures, the lacing shows a rather strong V. Is this still ok and will it decrease by the time?

 

Picture 3: The upper edge of the tongue does not have the same (or enough) colour, it is rather grey than black. Is this a quality issue? Can it be eliminated by using wax? (it applies to both shoes).

 

Picture 4 shows that there is a little hole in the frame. Could this become a matter in terms of durability and/or stability or is it solely of cosmetic nature?

 

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

 

Best regards


Edited by newtoshoes - 8/21/12 at 3:10am
post #1999 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoshoes View Post


Hey guys,

I just received my black wholecuts on the Ama last (Classic line). As I stated earlier and as my nickname suggests I don't have much experience with better shoes. So I need your help.

As you can see on the first two pictures, the lacing shows a rather strong V. Is this still ok and will it decrease by the time?

Picture 3: The upper edge of the tongue does not have the same (or enough) colour, it is rather grey than black. Is this a quality issue? Can it be eliminated by using wax? (it applies to both shoes).

Picture 4 shows that there is a little hole in the frame. Could this become a matter in terms of durability and/or stability or is it solely of cosmetic nature?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Best regards

The V gap is simply not enough room across the arch but these will loosen and close somewhat after a number of wears. Your gap looks fine.

The tongue can simply be polished in black

The notch in the edging looks cosmetic .. If really annoying you can try filling it and colouring with edge or polish
post #2000 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Most likely with suits, or at least dress pants/dress shirt. These would be strictly business/work shoes which I would alternate throughout the week. I assume I should go with 2 pairs of Oxfords and then branch off into Bluchers, etc? I do like the semi broguing in the dark brown (to mix it up) and the plain captoes in black, I think that is what I'm leaning towards.

That sounds like a good plan. I was wondering if you needed a more casual shoe for jeans, etc... and was going to suggest a blucher as the second shoe. But if they're to alternate for work, then perhaps two oxfords is the way to go.
post #2001 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


The V gap is simply not enough room across the arch but these will loosen and close somewhat after a number of wears. Your gap looks fine.
The tongue can simply be polished in black
The notch in the edging looks cosmetic .. If really annoying you can try filling it and colouring with edge or polish


Thank you very much! The notch is not a big concern for me in cosmetic terms as it is on the inner side of the shoe. If it's not negative for the shoe itself, it's fine for me. I will try to polish the tongue.

 

That means I'm gonna keep the shoes.

post #2002 of 11277
I am having an eye on those beauties:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2363

Now depends on the new Suitsupply collection on what I will spend my money. To date, it looks like Meermin will make the race!
post #2003 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

Here pics of my new Linea Maestro Split Toe Norweigian Derby shoes.  Cuero Shell Cordovan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Here they are next to Alden Ravello and Ralph Lauren Marlow plain toe bluchers to give a sense of color....

They appear to well made, fit very well and are comfortable upon first wearing.  The leather is a bit stiff at first and we will see if it softens as it ages.... so far I am very impressed... especially at the price for shell cordovan....
I got a 9.5 UK which is my size for Tricker's, Alfred Sargent and Loake's.  I wear a 10D Barrie Last.... they seem to fit very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

I am having an eye on those beauties:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2363
Now depends on the new Suitsupply collection on what I will spend my money. To date, it looks like Meermin will make the race!

timotune, go back to Calikid's post and see pics of these in real life. Great choice!
post #2004 of 11277
wow, those are stunning in real life!
post #2005 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

wow, those are stunning in real life!

Yeah! I've had them on my list, as well.
post #2006 of 11277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonghua73 View Post

Jose informed me to go half a size bigger in the New Rey compared to the Ama last, as I'm pulling the trigger on a pair of dark brown oxfords from the Linea Maestro line.

Unsure of your foot, so take this as YMMV. I was able to fit in the New Rey and Alma, both same size. The New Rey, will stretch to your foot, depending on how wide it is. The New Rey last was initially very uncomfortable to me.
post #2007 of 11277
I went true to UK size for the wholecuts. in CJ i wear a uk9 so i went with a 9, they fit great. For the Linea Maestros, they are a little narrower, so Pepe suggested I go a half size up so I got those in a 9.5 and they also fit great. For reference I wear a US10.
post #2008 of 11277
I noted 2 issues. The edges are a little bit rough. The medallion is also ever so slightly off in its alignment, on both left and right shoes.
post #2009 of 11277
I'm an 8.5uk across C&J lasts, Luisa recommended I order 8.5 in the New Ray and Ron lasts. From what I've read here, most seem to be going up .5 in the New Ray on Pepe's suggestion. Can anyone with hands on experience summarize their thoughts? Thanks
post #2010 of 11277
It's now been 50 days since I ordered my dub monks rtw - anybody else having unsettling waiting times?

Edit: I ask this with full knowledge there''ve been far to many shipping time questions in this thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes