Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 124
Styleforum Top Picks
After 13 weeks (and therefore perfectly in time as communicated by José), I received my Meermin MTOs - tan wholecuts with brogueing on the VIL last in UK 11.
Here are some pictures:
While the packaging looks very nice, it came with a surprise: upon opening a strong "chemical" odor emerged, a smell you usually recognize when entering a store that sells cheap shoes. This smell comes from the upper leathers.
Quite a few here have commented that even their Classic Line Meermins would be of equal or higher quality and finish to their Crockett&Jones etc., statements that I found hard to believe. I own around 15 pairs of Crockett&Jones and Church', and I must say that the leather quality of at least this pair doesn't come anyway near those (not that this would be any surprise at their price point, yet I personally would consider this leather ok for Classic Line but not at the price of Linea Maestro). Not sure if it comes across well on the two pictures taken with flashlight: at least to my eyes the upper leather comes across quite artificial and veeery glossy, just like painted and sealed, it feels very "closed" and more like a polished, shiny surface than actually like leather. (Have written to José if this is the "standard" leather or if there are others of better quality, e.g. I'd love to see the ones made with Freudenberg calf). As many have said before, the leather itself but also the construction on heel and tip are very stiff and rigid, which is a bit uncomfortable at first but will allow the shoe to hold up well for quite some time, which is not bad. The finishing is well done. I'd personally rate this Linea Maestro model somewhere on par with most of my newer Allen Edmonds models.
Since I'm a US 11.5C (sometimes even width B), José had recommended to try the Vil last. As can be seen from the last picture, this last is reeeaaally small, and too small for me, the quarters come apart hugely. In addition, it is a bit too big, I should have stepped down to UK 10.5 to fit me well (but not more), yet the extra room for the sharp tip is amazing, the whole shoe comes out at an overall length of 330mm (13 inch)! Many will consider this shape modern and fashionable, for me it is too much and not what I consider good looking.
You could edit your post with that information. I'm looking forward to the information! Did you order suede shoes or smooth leather shoes?
The same happened to me last week. It may take several hours, but your post will occur at that place in the thread where it would have been posted without the effect of the moderation.
Thanks for this! So I'm not alone ;-)
These are wholecuts in tan with some brogueing (will send picture in separate post). They had to be MTO because they are on the Vil last which only was available up to size UK 10.5, yet José's recommendation was to try UK 11. That last had to be made first, which took the regular MTO time of 12 weeks.
Many have said here that even the Classic Line for them is as good or even better as C&Js and the likes. I own mainly Crockett&Jones and Church's and find these Meermins to be of a quality in my personal opinion that comes not anywhere close in comparison. Rather on par with newer Allen Edmonds I'd say. So very understandable, especially given the price, but not something I consider an option for myself.
Indeed. As someone who's close, but hasn't quite yet pulled the trigger ...
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Custom Clothiers NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...