Very nice! Rubbersole?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 119post #1771 of 156328/10/12 at 3:06ampost #1772 of 156328/10/12 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Swede66Quote:Originally Posted by Christian B
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice! Rubbersole?
Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)
@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.post #1773 of 156328/10/12 at 4:49amQuote:Quote:
Sorry, I was not clear. Leather was stiff out of the box. So I put Saphir Renovateur on them, then polished them. First wear still a bit stiff. On the second wear shoe has become comfortable. They are the classic line black captoe Oxford.post #1774 of 156328/10/12 at 4:58amQuote:
Very nice. Are those laceup suede shoes the classic olfe last ?post #1775 of 156328/10/12 at 5:54ampost #1776 of 156328/10/12 at 7:47ampost #1777 of 156328/10/12 at 7:53amQuote:
IMO, oxfords/bals look off with denim. (even though you chose suede which makes them a little more casual)
the tassel is nice but not all that versatile.
have you considered a cap toe, plain toe or longwing blucher?post #1778 of 156328/10/12 at 7:58amQuote:
I really don't mind the look of oxfords with denim. I already have a ferragamo cap toe, and tbh (and I know i'll catch a lot of shit for this here) I don't really like the look of a PTB or LWB .post #1779 of 156328/10/12 at 8:03am
In my opinion, a tassel loafer does not fit to most younger people, especially not in combination with jeans.
I would recommend this blucher: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1931 or maybe this half-brogue suede oxford http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1968 (but this one is from the Linea Maestro).
post #1780 of 156328/10/12 at 8:04am
Here are some pictures of the suede wholecut under denim. Looks pretty good in my opinion.
They sent me my shoes today, by the way. It's a replacement pair, and I had to wait a little over two weeks, which is pretty long considering Sandro told me twice he'd ship them on Monday. Anyway, I'll be happy when they finally arrive. I'll also post some pictures when they arrive.post #1781 of 156328/10/12 at 8:21amSo I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.post #1782 of 156328/10/12 at 8:50amQuote:
go with the tassel loafers... it can look great on a younger guy with a look not dissimilar to what these guys do.... http://les-freres-jo.blogspot.co.uk/
check out some of the pictures there and you can def make that work. I bought those tassel loafers specifically for a look like that. Should be in on Monday!!!post #1783 of 156328/10/12 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by iluvatar
So I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.
I think they are pretty similar, haven't noticed any differences.
I have been wearing my http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2311 in the rain allot ,and haven't had any problem.post #1784 of 156328/10/12 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)
@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.
They do have many shoes in their Madrid store that's not in webshop. Mainly the winter collection (with rubber soles) are on their webshop, but none of shoes from the summer collection, like blue suede double monks and loafers/tassel loafers in many different colors. I took some pictures when I visited the their retail store just some weeks ago, but I didn't take a picture of every shoe they had. Too bad they did not have many of the shoes I tried in my size (UK 7), and they are not restocking their summer collection.post #1785 of 156328/10/12 at 9:57am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 59 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Baller Tie Megathread Part Two! NWT Tom Ford Grenadine, Brioni... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...