Very nice! Rubbersole?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 119post #1771 of 134688/10/12 at 3:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1772 of 134688/10/12 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Swede66Quote:Originally Posted by Christian B
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice! Rubbersole?
Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)
@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.post #1773 of 134688/10/12 at 4:49amQuote:Quote:
Sorry, I was not clear. Leather was stiff out of the box. So I put Saphir Renovateur on them, then polished them. First wear still a bit stiff. On the second wear shoe has become comfortable. They are the classic line black captoe Oxford.post #1774 of 134688/10/12 at 4:58amQuote:
Very nice. Are those laceup suede shoes the classic olfe last ?post #1775 of 134688/10/12 at 5:54ampost #1776 of 134688/10/12 at 7:47ampost #1777 of 134688/10/12 at 7:53amQuote:
IMO, oxfords/bals look off with denim. (even though you chose suede which makes them a little more casual)
the tassel is nice but not all that versatile.
have you considered a cap toe, plain toe or longwing blucher?post #1778 of 134688/10/12 at 7:58amQuote:
I really don't mind the look of oxfords with denim. I already have a ferragamo cap toe, and tbh (and I know i'll catch a lot of shit for this here) I don't really like the look of a PTB or LWB .post #1779 of 134688/10/12 at 8:03am
In my opinion, a tassel loafer does not fit to most younger people, especially not in combination with jeans.
I would recommend this blucher: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1931 or maybe this half-brogue suede oxford http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1968 (but this one is from the Linea Maestro).
post #1780 of 134688/10/12 at 8:04am
Here are some pictures of the suede wholecut under denim. Looks pretty good in my opinion.
They sent me my shoes today, by the way. It's a replacement pair, and I had to wait a little over two weeks, which is pretty long considering Sandro told me twice he'd ship them on Monday. Anyway, I'll be happy when they finally arrive. I'll also post some pictures when they arrive.post #1781 of 134688/10/12 at 8:21amSo I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.post #1782 of 134688/10/12 at 8:50amQuote:
go with the tassel loafers... it can look great on a younger guy with a look not dissimilar to what these guys do.... http://les-freres-jo.blogspot.co.uk/
check out some of the pictures there and you can def make that work. I bought those tassel loafers specifically for a look like that. Should be in on Monday!!!post #1783 of 134688/10/12 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by iluvatar
So I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.
I think they are pretty similar, haven't noticed any differences.
I have been wearing my http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2311 in the rain allot ,and haven't had any problem.post #1784 of 134688/10/12 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)
@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.
They do have many shoes in their Madrid store that's not in webshop. Mainly the winter collection (with rubber soles) are on their webshop, but none of shoes from the summer collection, like blue suede double monks and loafers/tassel loafers in many different colors. I took some pictures when I visited the their retail store just some weeks ago, but I didn't take a picture of every shoe they had. Too bad they did not have many of the shoes I tried in my size (UK 7), and they are not restocking their summer collection.post #1785 of 134688/10/12 at 9:57am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan captoe boots 8.5D Tassels HK special edition 16 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...