or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 119

post #1771 of 11062
anyone bought chelsea boots from Meermin? (do they even have it in classic?)
post #1772 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Got my desert boots last week, and I love them. Leather feels awesome, the colour is excellent and the Rui last fits very much like the Hiro.



Very nice! Rubbersole?
post #1773 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Got my desert boots last week, and I love them. Leather feels awesome, the colour is excellent and the Rui last fits very much like the Hiro.
700
700
700

 


Very nice! Rubbersole?

 

Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)

 

@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.

post #1774 of 11062
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkap View Post

Does this help soften so it stretches more? What are you implying? 

Sorry, I was not clear. Leather was stiff out of the box. So I put Saphir Renovateur on them, then polished them. First wear still a bit stiff. On the second wear shoe has become comfortable. They are the classic line black captoe Oxford.
post #1775 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieyric View Post

Group pic of some used meermin shoes.
Thought some would be interested in how they look after a while.
The sued monk strap have been my "bad weather" go to since i got them (bad weather here so they have been used the most)

Very nice. Are those laceup suede shoes the classic olfe last ?
post #1776 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Very nice. Are those laceup suede shoes the classic olfe last ?

Yes they are the http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1924
post #1777 of 11062
I can't for the life of me decide which to buy.

I'm almost 22, I almost always wear denim, even with a sport coat. Which of these do I get?

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345#

or

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938#
post #1778 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis View Post

I can't for the life of me decide which to buy.
I'm almost 22, I almost always wear denim, even with a sport coat. Which of these do I get?
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345#
or
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938#

IMO, oxfords/bals look off with denim. (even though you chose suede which makes them a little more casual)
the tassel is nice but not all that versatile.
have you considered a cap toe, plain toe or longwing blucher?
post #1779 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

IMO, oxfords/bals look off with denim. (even though you chose suede which makes them a little more casual)
the tassel is nice but not all that versatile.
have you considered a cap toe, plain toe or longwing blucher?

I really don't mind the look of oxfords with denim. I already have a ferragamo cap toe, and tbh (and I know i'll catch a lot of shit for this here) I don't really like the look of a PTB or LWB cry.gif.
post #1780 of 11062

In my opinion, a tassel loafer does not fit to most younger people, especially not in combination with jeans.

 

I would recommend this blucher: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1931 or maybe this half-brogue suede oxford http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1968 (but this one is from the Linea Maestro).
 

post #1781 of 11062

Here are some pictures of the suede wholecut under denim. Looks pretty good in my opinion.

 

They sent me my shoes today, by the way.  It's a replacement pair, and I had to wait a little over two weeks, which is pretty long considering Sandro told me twice he'd ship them on Monday. Anyway, I'll be happy when they finally arrive.  I'll also post some pictures when they arrive.  

post #1782 of 11062
So I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.
post #1783 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis View Post

I can't for the life of me decide which to buy.
I'm almost 22, I almost always wear denim, even with a sport coat. Which of these do I get?
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2345#
or
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938#

go with the tassel loafers... it can look great on a younger guy with a look not dissimilar to what these guys do.... http://les-freres-jo.blogspot.co.uk/ 

 

check out some of the pictures there and you can def make that work. I bought those tassel loafers specifically for a look like that. Should be in on Monday!!!

post #1784 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post

So I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of Meermins, but first I've got a question for anyone who has been wearing a pair with the rubber soles for a while. How do they wear compared to actual Dainite soles? I'll be moving to a place with a ridiculous amount of rain next year, so I'm debating whether to pick up the double monks in nantes grain with rubber soles or to go with the brown calfskin and put on topys.

I think they are pretty similar, haven't noticed any differences.
I have been wearing my http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2311 in the rain allot ,and haven't had any problem.
post #1785 of 11062
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Read back a bit. Honey coloured danite (studded rubber)

@ CB. If I ever have a holiday to Spain, I'll make sure to stop in and take individual photos of every shoe I can find, until they boot me out of the store that is, so we can all see what they have :P. Unfortunately, me having a holiday in the near future isn't likely.

They do have many shoes in their Madrid store that's not in webshop. Mainly the winter collection (with rubber soles) are on their webshop, but none of shoes from the summer collection, like blue suede double monks and loafers/tassel loafers in many different colors. I took some pictures when I visited the their retail store just some weeks ago, but I didn't take a picture of every shoe they had. Too bad they did not have many of the shoes I tried in my size (UK 7), and they are not restocking their summer collection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes