Nope. And it's a huge pain in the ass for the carriers, too. That's why they hit you with an administrative fee every time customs charges a package - because they have to fill out all this paperwork.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 117post #1741 of 134508/8/12 at 11:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1742 of 134508/8/12 at 11:42pmpost #1743 of 134508/8/12 at 11:55pm
Ha. Let me soften my statement a bit: It's likely luck in this case. Unless someone thinks that they and/or Meermin are being specifically targeted by US Customs to have their packages searched.
Or maybe US Customs likes DHL more than Fed Ex?post #1744 of 134508/9/12 at 5:31amQuote:
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.post #1745 of 134508/9/12 at 5:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.
Yes, that could be true. I meant they are the same in terms of which packages get selected by Customs. But the way they handle it with their customers could differ, as you point out.post #1746 of 134508/9/12 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Some of you guys need to chill out and realize Sandro and co are doing the best they can. You better believe their order volume is ridiculous.
I do understand that some of you have waited an extended time for your shoes to ship, as have I on my most recent orders...BUT I cut the guys some slack because they are offering up such a great product/deal and they are clearly flooded with orders.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying....
Good point. I may have acted in haste.post #1747 of 134508/9/12 at 10:07ampost #1748 of 134508/9/12 at 10:15ampost #1749 of 134508/9/12 at 11:05ampost #1750 of 134508/9/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Aieyric
Group pic of some used meermin shoes.
Thought some would be interested in how they look after a while.
The sued monk strap have been my "bad weather" go to since i got them (bad weather here so they have been used the most)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very useful pic! Looks like the suede is holding up nicely to the elements, which is reassuring. No shell, though?post #1751 of 134508/9/12 at 11:31am
Got something new in regard to MTO cooking
2 weeks ago I tried to order a LM Oxford that was out of stock
Ordered something else
Two days later decided on a different shoe
Changed my mind AGAIN, asked for the light brown hand welted Brogue after realizing I had ordered the wrong shoe
Sandro obliged, had them sent from Madrid to his shop
Performed quality control check
Shipped shoes last night
Not once did he get testy with me when I was being a total pain in the ass.
I wish we could keep these guy as a Style forum exclusive vendor haha. I'd much rather give these guys business vs. some corp machine.post #1752 of 134508/9/12 at 11:33ampost #1753 of 134508/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
Just what I have been looking for... about how long have you had these?post #1754 of 134508/9/12 at 12:19pmpost #1755 of 134508/9/12 at 12:20pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HBO Series, Ballers 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...