Nope. And it's a huge pain in the ass for the carriers, too. That's why they hit you with an administrative fee every time customs charges a package - because they have to fill out all this paperwork.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 117post #1741 of 153828/8/12 at 11:28pmpost #1742 of 153828/8/12 at 11:42pmpost #1743 of 153828/8/12 at 11:55pm
Ha. Let me soften my statement a bit: It's likely luck in this case. Unless someone thinks that they and/or Meermin are being specifically targeted by US Customs to have their packages searched.
Or maybe US Customs likes DHL more than Fed Ex?post #1744 of 153828/9/12 at 5:31amQuote:
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.post #1745 of 153828/9/12 at 5:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.
Yes, that could be true. I meant they are the same in terms of which packages get selected by Customs. But the way they handle it with their customers could differ, as you point out.post #1746 of 153828/9/12 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Some of you guys need to chill out and realize Sandro and co are doing the best they can. You better believe their order volume is ridiculous.
I do understand that some of you have waited an extended time for your shoes to ship, as have I on my most recent orders...BUT I cut the guys some slack because they are offering up such a great product/deal and they are clearly flooded with orders.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying....
Good point. I may have acted in haste.post #1747 of 153828/9/12 at 10:07ampost #1748 of 153828/9/12 at 10:15ampost #1749 of 153828/9/12 at 11:05ampost #1750 of 153828/9/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Aieyric
Group pic of some used meermin shoes.
Thought some would be interested in how they look after a while.
The sued monk strap have been my "bad weather" go to since i got them (bad weather here so they have been used the most)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very useful pic! Looks like the suede is holding up nicely to the elements, which is reassuring. No shell, though?post #1751 of 153828/9/12 at 11:31am
Got something new in regard to MTO cooking
2 weeks ago I tried to order a LM Oxford that was out of stock
Ordered something else
Two days later decided on a different shoe
Changed my mind AGAIN, asked for the light brown hand welted Brogue after realizing I had ordered the wrong shoe
Sandro obliged, had them sent from Madrid to his shop
Performed quality control check
Shipped shoes last night
Not once did he get testy with me when I was being a total pain in the ass.
I wish we could keep these guy as a Style forum exclusive vendor haha. I'd much rather give these guys business vs. some corp machine.post #1752 of 153828/9/12 at 11:33ampost #1753 of 153828/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
Just what I have been looking for... about how long have you had these?post #1754 of 153828/9/12 at 12:19pmpost #1755 of 153828/9/12 at 12:20pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › Unicorn! Yellow Hook Limited Edition Navy VICUNA Cashmere Tie 1 of 3 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Warmth meets comfort : The official Cozy Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...