Nope. And it's a huge pain in the ass for the carriers, too. That's why they hit you with an administrative fee every time customs charges a package - because they have to fill out all this paperwork.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 117post #1741 of 157898/8/12 at 11:28pmpost #1742 of 157898/8/12 at 11:42pmpost #1743 of 157898/8/12 at 11:55pm
Ha. Let me soften my statement a bit: It's likely luck in this case. Unless someone thinks that they and/or Meermin are being specifically targeted by US Customs to have their packages searched.
Or maybe US Customs likes DHL more than Fed Ex?post #1744 of 157898/9/12 at 5:31amQuote:
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.post #1745 of 157898/9/12 at 5:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn
TNT is worse by far, at least to the US. When my shipment was stuck in customs they didn't contact me. It was only after I checked the tracking after it had been stuck for 5 days or so that they told me I owed customs. Their "handling" charge for customs seems really high too, $35 IIRC on top of the customs fees. UPS just goes on and pays it and then you owe at delivery which it much preferable.
Yes, that could be true. I meant they are the same in terms of which packages get selected by Customs. But the way they handle it with their customers could differ, as you point out.post #1746 of 157898/9/12 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Some of you guys need to chill out and realize Sandro and co are doing the best they can. You better believe their order volume is ridiculous.
I do understand that some of you have waited an extended time for your shoes to ship, as have I on my most recent orders...BUT I cut the guys some slack because they are offering up such a great product/deal and they are clearly flooded with orders.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying....
Good point. I may have acted in haste.post #1747 of 157898/9/12 at 10:07ampost #1748 of 157898/9/12 at 10:15ampost #1749 of 157898/9/12 at 11:05ampost #1750 of 157898/9/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Aieyric
Group pic of some used meermin shoes.
Thought some would be interested in how they look after a while.
The sued monk strap have been my "bad weather" go to since i got them (bad weather here so they have been used the most)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very useful pic! Looks like the suede is holding up nicely to the elements, which is reassuring. No shell, though?post #1751 of 157898/9/12 at 11:31am
Got something new in regard to MTO cooking
2 weeks ago I tried to order a LM Oxford that was out of stock
Ordered something else
Two days later decided on a different shoe
Changed my mind AGAIN, asked for the light brown hand welted Brogue after realizing I had ordered the wrong shoe
Sandro obliged, had them sent from Madrid to his shop
Performed quality control check
Shipped shoes last night
Not once did he get testy with me when I was being a total pain in the ass.
I wish we could keep these guy as a Style forum exclusive vendor haha. I'd much rather give these guys business vs. some corp machine.post #1752 of 157898/9/12 at 11:33ampost #1753 of 157898/9/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
Just what I have been looking for... about how long have you had these?post #1754 of 157898/9/12 at 12:19pmpost #1755 of 157898/9/12 at 12:20pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 29 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 45 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...