or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 116

post #1726 of 10189

Some of you guys need to chill out and realize Sandro and co are doing the best they can. You better believe their order volume is  ridiculous. 

 

I do understand that some of you have waited an extended time for your shoes to ship, as have I on my most recent orders...BUT I cut the guys some slack because they are offering up such a great product/deal and they are clearly flooded with orders.

 

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying....

post #1727 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex6669 View Post

The look f*****g great.
Congratulations!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post

Top Drawer !!! Great MTO

Thanks!!!
post #1728 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Some of you guys need to chill out and realize Sandro and co are doing the best they can. You better believe their order volume is  ridiculous. 

 

I do understand that some of you have waited an extended time for your shoes to ship, as have I on my most recent orders...BUT I cut the guys some slack because they are offering up such a great product/deal and they are clearly flooded with orders.

 

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying....

I concur.  When I placed my order and paid my money it took approximately 2-3 weeks to get a shipping notification via e-mail and 3 or 4 days later I received my shoes.  I believe definitely worth the wait.  the only thing I didn't like was getting dinged by Fed Ex... they really pad those fees!

post #1729 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Pepe also emailed me photos of my MTO's - see attached. I had pushed him for some flush steel toe caps. Initially he couldnt do them but half way through he came back and told me that they are now possible and they look great!

 

http://www.stickysteps.com/post/28866044506/pioneering-the-flush-steel-toe-caps-for-meermin

 

 

Meermin MTO for RB
Cap toe adelaide oxford
Olfe Last
Hand Lasted
Black Freudenberg Calf from Weinheimer Leder in Germany
Single leather channeled sole GY-2 handwelted goodyear.
Flush steel toe cap
Personalised initials in the waist

Wow, I just saw a photograph on the Meermin blog of your finished shoes, they look really gorgeous!

 

700

post #1730 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Good.  Since they're already having trouble meeting demands, I doubt you (or this incredibly petty complaint regarding shipping) will be missed. 

 

rotflmao.gif I lol'd.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Whoo-hoo, my MTO shipped today! Pepe posted pics on his tumblr:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

That is a fantastic make-up. May have to duplicate one day... The FGU Monk... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #1731 of 10189

They really look great; I especially like the steel toe caps. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
 

post #1732 of 10189
Anyone else bugged by the fact that the shoe lace holes seemes to be very far spread from each other?
post #1733 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmen View Post

Wow, I just saw a photograph on the Meermin blog of your finished shoes, they look really gorgeous!


Yeah i just saw these too! Im pretty happy how they look! Cant wait til they arrive
post #1734 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


Yeah i just saw these too! Im pretty happy how they look! Cant wait til they arrive

 

+1.  I think that is my next purchase.

post #1735 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

I really like the look of the Olfe last.  How do they fit compared to other brands?

 

Fit is good. I don't have a lot of other brands to compare with however the shoe is to your typical long nose dandy style.

I am a UK12 and I ordered these in a UK12.

I have a widish foot, a narrow shoe would cause me problems, and these fit very well.

 

Be warned, I wore they for the first time yesterday and they DESTROYED the back of my foot.

20mm patch of skin missing on my right foot  and the left just has the skin intact.

 

The shoes are very stiff and I advise the thinest socks you got during the break in process.

I wore thick socks and am now regretting it.

post #1736 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

 

Fit is good. I don't have a lot of other brands to compare with however the shoe is to your typical long nose dandy style.

I am a UK12 and I ordered these in a UK12.

I have a widish foot, a narrow shoe would cause me problems, and these fit very well.

 

Be warned, I wore they for the first time yesterday and they DESTROYED the back of my foot.

20mm patch of skin missing on my right foot  and the left just has the skin intact.

 

The shoes are very stiff and I advise the thinest socks you got during the break in process.

I wore thick socks and am now regretting it.

 

Appreciate it.  I've got a somewhat wide foot on the border between a D and E in U.S. sizes and the apprehension that the Olfe last will be too narrow has kept me from pulling the trigger thus far.

post #1737 of 10189

How come some people from the US are being charged the customs fee when others are not???

post #1738 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreStylez View Post

How come some people from the US are being charged the customs fee when others are not???

customs is country dependent 

 

australia only charges tax + customs for goods >$1000 ... i think we have one of the highest thresholds in the world.

post #1739 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

customs is country dependent 

australia only charges tax + customs for goods >$1000 ... i think we have one of the highest thresholds in the world.

Totally. but the question was why is it that some people in the US seem to receive orders unscathed by customs, while others aren't as lucky.

I have two pairs about to be shipped and I can say I'll look forward to receiving them even more if I can avoid being dinged by customs on them.
post #1740 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Totally. but the question was why is it that some people in the US seem to receive orders unscathed by customs, while others aren't as lucky.
I have two pairs about to be shipped and I can say I'll look forward to receiving them even more if I can avoid being dinged by customs on them.

It is total luck. When Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, TNT, whoever bring shipments in to the country, all the goods stop at a port of entry with a US Customs inspection facility. Customs does not have the time nor the resources to inspect every single package. For the individual packages that are not identified as requiring duties (i.e.: when Walmart brings a container of stuff in from China, they are not going to escape customs; therefore, they have already declared and paid the duties), Customs inspects a sample, and they make a determination on the spot.

It is totally random. It is not the fault of the shipper (Meermin). It is not the fault of Fed Ex, UPS, et al - they are just the middlemen. And there is also no one shipper that is "better" or "worse" than the others for this.

If you order goods from overseas, you just have to take your chances.

End of rant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes