or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 108

post #1606 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

700


That would probably be the result based on my shoe size for Adidas sneakers... lol8[1].gif

post #1607 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Glad to hear you didn't just inform them about your size in Clark's DB and sneakers, the information you provided is sufficient to certainly advise a size that might, and probably will fit you. Good luck!

First of all, I gave them an EXACT measurement of my foot length, width, etc. The only reason I referenced DB in here was to see if anyone had a frame of reference regarding how they fit compared to a boot that generally runs large.

Unfortunately for me, I live ~2 hours away from the nearest retailer of AE, C&J, etc. It's a sad reality, but it is what it is.

There's no need to be an asshole about it.
post #1608 of 12085
Sorry, it was an honest mistake as I mistook newtoshoes as you, it was by no means intended to offend you or anyone else.
Edited by cbfn - 8/3/12 at 6:02am
post #1609 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Sorry, it was an honest mistake as I mistook newtoshoes as you, it was by no means not intended to offend you or anyone else.

No problem.
post #1610 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engi View Post

I fully agree, NO price increase

They doubled the price already. It is now €100 upcharge for MTO.

They probably should have charged €100 extra to begin with but now people are going to be unhappy.
I think its too big a jump in price to make this soon.
post #1611 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn View Post


They doubled the price already. It is now €100 upcharge for MTO.
They probably should have charged €100 extra to begin with but now people are going to be unhappy.
I think its too big a jump in price to make this soon.

frown.gif  I was just waiting to hear back to place an order for a MTO pair.

post #1612 of 12085

Bad move... sure they are probably overloaded with orders right now, but they will be losing sales...

post #1613 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Bad move... sure they are probably overloaded with orders right now, but they will be losing sales...

 

Agree from a personal perspective of someone wanting to order MTO shoes, but disagree from a business perspective.  With the issues they are having trying to meet demand and the amount of time they have to spend for each individual MTO order (see this thread for examples), they needed to raise the prices on MTO shoes if for nothing else than to recoup their additional cost and or push people to their RTW models.  I saw this coming, but did not act quick enough.

post #1614 of 12085

Ah yeah, didn't think of that. You're right, they need to sell their RTW shoes too tounge.gif

post #1615 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn View Post

They doubled the price already. It is now €100 upcharge for MTO.
They probably should have charged €100 extra to begin with but now people are going to be unhappy.
I think its too big a jump in price to make this soon.


€50 euro for MTO was a damn good deal.

€100 is still a good deal.
post #1616 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

€50 euro for MTO was a damn good deal.
€100 is still a good deal.

Is it as good a deal?
Or would you say it is only half as good?

I asked them about MTO because I had heard it was cheap an when they got back to
Me the price was double.
Glad it has been confirmed and they weren't charging me too much.

In the end the additional cost isn't worth it as I can get something from them that is close enough without pay €100 more
post #1617 of 12085

Looks like Meermin has taken the extra step in regard to quality control.

 

Just ordered a pair of Linea Maestro's (light brown cap toes) from the store in Spain. Rather than just shipping them out, they will go to Sandro for a final quality control inspection before being shipped.  

post #1618 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Agree from a personal perspective of someone wanting to order MTO shoes, but disagree from a business perspective.  With the issues they are having trying to meet demand and the amount of time they have to spend for each individual MTO order (see this thread for examples), they needed to raise the prices on MTO shoes if for nothing else than to recoup their additional cost and or push people to their RTW models.  I saw this coming, but did not act quick enough.

 

This is true. 

post #1619 of 12085

Show me another vendor that will make a one off MTO without a MOQ for any price, let alone only 100 Euro.

post #1620 of 12085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn View Post

They doubled the price already. It is now €100 upcharge for MTO.
They probably should have charged €100 extra to begin with but now people are going to be unhappy.
I think its too big a jump in price to make this soon.

In my book, this move is the #1 sin in pricing strategy. Raising price on consumers is the last thing any savvy business minded company want to consider, especially an up and coming one. facepalm.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes