or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 105

post #1561 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ nice!

 

I concur. I'm not normally a fan of suede, but paired with a light coloured pair of light material trousers for clement weather (we Brits have had our one week summer last week - normal schedule of nuclear skies and rain has resumed) would be perfect.

 

A female work colleague, whom I consult for sartorial advice i.e. show her garments that have caught my eye in SF posts, has given these her seal of approval. She was very appreciative. Good purchase, RDiaz!

 

Note: I was thinking of actually trying on women's boot-cut cotton / linen trousers in cream / white because the men's are all too narrow and tapered (hate tapered trousers), but my gym regime hasn't sufficiently progressed where I would feel comfortable wearing them, as I would prefer to go from 86kg to 80kg beforehand (I'm 6ft). Hmm .. maybe the sand wholecuts would require darker trousers than cream / white for a contrast? A dilemma to consider for next Spring / Summer.


Edited by Putonghua73 - 8/1/12 at 4:09am
post #1562 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Fresh sand suede wholecuts in the Ama last...


       

Sorry about the quality, my cell phone is all I have ATM.

Worthy of a spoiler-less reply! Nice
post #1563 of 11398
+ 1
post #1564 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonghua73 View Post

Note: I was thinking of actually trying on women's boot-cut cotton / linen trousers in cream / white because the men's are all too narrow and tapered (hate tapered trousers), but my gym regime hasn't sufficiently progressed where I would feel comfortable wearing them, as I would prefer to go from 86kg to 80kg beforehand (I'm 6ft). Hmm .. maybe the sand wholecuts would require darker trousers than cream / white for a contrast? A dilemma to consider for next Spring / Summer.

 

I'm not a fan of wearing shoes that are much lighter than trousers, really. I bought these just for my summer clothing, which is mostly very light blues, greys and tans. Not sure about pairing these shoes with anything darker, and they will probably go back into the closet for fall/winter...

 

Glad you like the shoes, gents smile.gif

post #1565 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Fresh sand suede wholecuts in the Ama last...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
       

Sorry about the quality, my cell phone is all I have ATM.

actually, I prefered them as a derby. these are nice though.
post #1566 of 11398

Yeah I was hoping they would have some classic white bucks (plain toe derbies), but nope, no luck. There was also a pair of brown/white spectators that I almost picked up, but ended up with the wholecuts.

post #1567 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Yeah I was hoping they would have some classic white bucks (plain toe derbies), but nope, no luck. There was also a pair of brown/white spectators that I almost picked up, but ended up with the wholecuts.

wear them in good health.
post #1568 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

For those wanting pictures of the tan longwings, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've finally managed to get some in natural light. Sorry about the quality, iPhone is all I had on hand.





Ignore the foot shog%5B1%5D.gif

those are very, very nice, indeed.
post #1569 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

For those wanting pictures of the tan longwings, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've finally managed to get some in natural light. Sorry about the quality, iPhone is all I had on hand.

700
700
700

Ignore the foot shog%5B1%5D.gif

those are very, very nice, indeed.

 

 

They were returned unfortunately, but having a pair made up in the light brown shell, as it is almost spring/summertime here. 

post #1570 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post


They were returned unfortunately, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
but having a pair made up in the light brown shell, as it is almost spring/summertime here. 

ah ok, why?
post #1571 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post


They were returned unfortunately, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
but having a pair made up in the light brown shell, as it is almost spring/summertime here. 

ah ok, why?

 

 

Just sizing issues on my part. Sized down from my previous pair a whole size which was too much.

post #1572 of 11398

I know Meermin's customer service is overwhelmed by bunch inquiries, but I just wondered what's the general response rate from them to those who have gotten reply back from them. I inquired them about some sizing and customization question about a week ago yet no response.

post #1573 of 11398

alright alright sorry! pics to come soon as they arrive!

post #1574 of 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedream View Post

I know Meermin's customer service is overwhelmed by bunch inquiries, but I just wondered what's the general response rate from them to those who have gotten reply back from them. I inquired them about some sizing and customization question about a week ago yet no response.

For me, within 12 hours as our time zones are different. 

post #1575 of 11398
Stopped in the store with the wife a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. We were in a hurry so i didn't have time to make a purchase but will be back in Madrid in a few days and intend to work it into my schedule. Should I start with the classic line and upgrade to the lm line if I am satisfied or make the plunge and start with lm? Also, anyone know how they handle vat refunds for non eu residents for in-store purchases? Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes