or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 1003

post #15031 of 15526

Gents, after doing my homework searching the thread, I wanted to ask for a little confirmation. I purchased a pair of Hiro last chukka boots recently, and have found them to be too wide in the heel; after a month of breaking in I still get bad blisters on the inner side of my heel (which I feel to be rotating in and out of contact with the shoe lining). The instep may also be a little too high/wide, as the laces close completely just to get them snug. I tried fitting a few extra pairs of socks on with them, I definitely don't have any room to size down in length, but was still comfortable in width with 2-3 dress socks on. I was thinking of moving to an Olfe last in the same size, which I understand to be a little narrower in the heel with a lower instep, and in an oxford, in the hope that full laces will help hold things in place better. Is anyone with experience willing to chime in and evaluate my plan?

The chukkas, which are dark brown suede in flawless condition with minimal wear on the sole, will be going up on B&S soon, if anyone is interested.

post #15032 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by varsityreds0123 View Post

Received a pair of Meermin adelaides on the Elton last. To be honest, I'm disappointed with the quality. The leather is extraordinarily stiff (I can barely put the shoes on and take them off despite having ample foot room when are on) and they are quite squeaky.

Would any of you gentleman have any solutions to these problems? Is wearing them simply the best way to loosen the leather, I suppose?


Classic collection?
post #15033 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez shoes View Post


Classic collection?


Yes.

post #15034 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by varsityreds0123 View Post


Yes.

Yeah, that's their lower quality line. Though their boots appear to be made well, they reserve their good stuff for their Linea Maestro. Nonetheless, some folks say that the leather on the Classics gets a bit softer after a few wears.
post #15035 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez shoes View Post

Yeah, that's their lower quality line. Though their boots appear to be made well, they reserve their good stuff for their Linea Maestro. Nonetheless, some folks say that the leather on the Classics gets a bit softer after a few wears.


I've also read on previous post that the squeak goes away but I haven't encountered this problem so I couldn't speak from experience on that.
post #15036 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez shoes View Post


I've also read on previous post that the squeak goes away but I haven't encountered this problem so I couldn't speak from experience on that.


Thanks for the reply. Actually, the squeak appears to be going away after wearing them around the house for a couple of hours. Should be fine with time!

 

Thanks again.

post #15037 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by varsityreds0123 View Post


Thanks for the reply. Actually, the squeak appears to be going away after wearing them around the house for a couple of hours. Should be fine with time!

Thanks again.


Nice 👍
post #15038 of 15526
Does olfie or hiro have a lower instep?
post #15039 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Does olfie or hiro have a lower instep?

Olfe
post #15040 of 15526

I managed to cop the MTO shell LWB and crossing my fingers that I got the right size (8.5) on the Rui last. Almost no time to debate since I could see the MTO was finishing fast. My Meermin sizing is limited to 8.5 in Hiro which I tried in store. There will be a shell LWB up for sale in September and sizing is off for me. :)

post #15041 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

Hey all!  Trying to figure out what size I would be in the olfe last.  I wear an 8D in the alden snap last, a 7.5E in most AE shoes, 8.5 in nike sneakers, 9 cole haan, etc.  Anyone with similar shoes with an idea on what size I should order in the olfe last?  

Can anyone provide some help here? Trying to get these in time for an end of August wedding - think they'd get here in time?
post #15042 of 15526
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post


Can anyone provide some help here? Trying to get these in time for an end of August wedding - think they'd get here in time?

 

If I had to guess, you'd probably be a UK7 or UK7.5 on Olfe depending on your instep. Most people take 1 - US Brannock size on Olfe, though my experience has been slightly different, as I went down 0.5.

 

For reference, I am a US8.5D/E on Brannock with my instep being on the higher side. I wear 8E on Allen Edmonds' 5-last, 8D on Alden's Barrie, 8.5E on Alden's Leydon, UK7.5 on Carmina's Rain last, UK7.5 on Meermin's Elton last, and UK8 on Olfe, which fits me pretty well overall. If I had to nitpick, UK8 may be a touch long, but sizing down to UK7.5 in my case would have likely made the instep too tight.

post #15043 of 15526
Quote:
 I managed to cop the MTO shell LWB and crossing my fingers that I got the right size (8.5) on the Rui last. Almost no time to debate since I could see the MTO was finishing fast. My Meermin sizing is limited to 8.5 in Hiro which I tried in store. There will be a shell LWB up for sale in September and sizing is off for me. :)

 

I wear 8.5 Hiro, I can fit into an 8 Rui but it is tight. Heel on Rui is tighter than Hiro while toebox is more roomy. Also I feel that Heel to Ball measurement 8.5 Hiro = 8 Rui. 

This is with my foot, and I have to wear thin socks in Rui, so I'm sure a 8.5 will fit you maybe with thicker socks.

post #15044 of 15526
Really appreciate the advice! Thanks!!
post #15045 of 15526

Unfortunately, I can't get used to my new Meermins. If anyone is interested in a pair of size 7.5UK black Meermin Adelaides on the Elton last that have been used once, please pm me :)

 

Here's a link to the shoes:

 

https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4862

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes