Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 996post #14926 of 156456/1/16 at 3:45amAfter receiving my first pair of Meermins I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. The shoes didn't fit and I had to send them back. Instead of including a check in the return envelope to FedEx I wrote a note to explain the shoes were returned, and included a copy of the documents to prove I'd sent them back. That was the end of it.post #14927 of 156456/1/16 at 5:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
After receiving my first pair of Meermins I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. The shoes didn't fit and I had to send them back. Instead of including a check in the return envelope to FedEx I wrote a note to explain the shoes were returned, and included a copy of the documents to prove I'd sent them back. That was the end of it.
Thanks. However my question pertains to getting money back after paying. For example ups requires payment before delivery. So there's no way to know if I'll be returning the shoes until after payment (this happened with an a Testoni order).post #14928 of 156456/1/16 at 12:27pmpost #14929 of 156456/3/16 at 4:55ampost #14930 of 156456/3/16 at 10:58pm
New to the Meermin section of this forum. The White's section really helped me pick out a great pair of boots i love.
I recently bought a pair of the Dark Brown Monk Straps in the Hiro last in a size 9.5. They're absolutely gorgeous and i'm going to post some pictures of them soon. They're my second pair of meermins so far.
But....i completely flubbed up. I forgot about the UK sizing and ordered a 9.5 instead of an 8.5 :( if anyone is interested i am looking to get rid of these for a fair price. Exchanging is too much money to send back to Madrid.
So I ordered the correct size and on top of that decided to order the Snuff Suede Chelsea's. I've been craving for a nice pair of Chelsea's for a while and they look really awesome. I'll make sure to post some pics once I get them in hand so you guys can see.
If anyone wants my size 9.5 Dark Brown Monk Straps in the meantime send me a PM! i have great reviews on Grailed and Reddit. Thanks!post #14931 of 156456/4/16 at 12:21pmpost #14932 of 156456/4/16 at 5:23pmpost #14933 of 156456/4/16 at 9:36pmI have 2 of their belts, they do the job and have lasted but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them, would only get them if it was going to be hard to find a belt to match a particular pair of meermins.
Equus leather belts are pretty awesome or of you want to stick with raised leather, berg and berg, the armoury or carmina will all give you some top notch long lasting belts.post #14934 of 156456/5/16 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
I have 2 of their belts, they do the job and have lasted but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them, would only get them if it was going to be hard to find a belt to match a particular pair of meermins.
Equus leather belts are pretty awesome or of you want to stick with raised leather, berg and berg, the armoury or carmina will all give you some top notch long lasting belts.
What are the physical differences that justify these reviews? Does the Meermin not wear as well, or is it visibly not as well done as the others and how? Do you have any photos?post #14935 of 156456/5/16 at 12:06pm
@crdb I own a meermin belt that I bought about a year and a half ago with a pair of shoes. It is my go to brown dress belt. I wear it almost daily. I can't speak to the other brands Osiris mentioned, although I'm sure they are nice, but I can definitely recommend meermin belts with confidence. They are very reasonably priced and seem to fit the bill as far as simple dress belts go. I would own more but paying for international shipping (I'm in the US) for a belt seems silly. If I ever purchase another pair of meermin shoes I would most certainly add a belt to my cart.post #14936 of 156456/5/16 at 7:51pm
This is a Meermin and shoe sizing in general question to anyone out there: I've always struggled size-wize, even after working as a shoe salesmen for a few years during college. I have pretty narrow (C), but very very flat feet, so my toes splay and spread quite a bit, and feel very constricted. My left foot is also over a half size bigger than my right, at a 9.5 to the right's nine. I tried some things on, measured my feet, used the sizeadvisors site, consulted with meermin, and got an 8.5UK in the black calf cap toe for my upcoming wedding. They just arrived, look fantastic, and don't fit at all!
I can barely get into them, and the left especially feels like my foot is in a vice. I really need to the shoes soon, and I want to support Meermin but i can't afford sending them back and forth. I went out today to get a safety pair of Melton's from Johnston and Murphy (the only place within an hour with someone I trust a little for sizing, a friend of mine works there.) worked with him, and walked out with a 10, which really solved a lot of my problems. The length keeps my toes crush-proof, and they are pretty narrow (the 9.5 almost killed me,) so they aren't too sloppy. I'm a little short so i've shied away from going too long before now, and it's a little late, but it seems like a solid solution.
TLDR: To try to end this rambling post: does anyone have a very solid recommendation for meermin? Should I go all the way up to a 9.5 in the Hiro last and hope the right isn't comically long and they arent too sloppy, or try a narrower last like the elton? Or should I just retreat to american brands I can get with free return shipping? I love meermin and the value and craftsmanship, esp since being in the military means i don't wear them much, but man I have picky feet. Thanks a ton for any recommendations.
Kevin Opost #14937 of 156456/10/16 at 11:23pmI have the exact same problem. And I really mean the same including the toe splay issue along with left shoe needing to be bigger than the right. I just buy 1/2 size larger trying to fit the left side. And I always use a 3/4 length orthotics (the slim kind that does not take up so much room).
And in this case I'd stick with on shore merchandise given that people like us need to try different widths and sizes at least twice if not three times. I don't generally like AE. So Alden plaza last works out at C width for me. YMMV. If you need to keep Meermin price point, it'll be tough. Though I think Kent Wang shoes may do the trick.post #14938 of 156456/12/16 at 1:19am
Anyone have experiences with the Hiro G-fit? There's a few in the MTO groups now, but I couldn't find much information over here about them. Some posts I've read say they are an EE/EEE in width.
How should I size? 8E brannock, 7.5EEE in AE 5-last (Rui last is perfect in width at UK7, regular Hiro is too tight width/instep-wise)post #14939 of 156456/13/16 at 4:43pmAny experience with the Bob last in terms of sizing?
I am a 9D/E in AE 65 last and I have figured I would be a 8.5 in the Hiro last since the 9D in AE 65 causes some toe pains.
Any thoughts on this? Is a 8.5 Hiro off? What should I go for in the Bob?
Keep in mind that I have a heel spur that will not tolerate an extended break in period. Thank you.post #14940 of 156456/13/16 at 5:02pmQuote:
Got my belt today. To be honest, I'm not impressed at all for two reasons:
1/ The leather feels cheap, lacks thickness and volume and there is so much more that could be done in term of finishing
2/ The sizing is off. They recommend belt size 32 for 30'' waist as most other retailers would say. However, I am a 30'' and their 32 belt is still short, 34 would be much better for me.
For the price tag, they can be good essentials but I would not recommend them as you can find much better belts for the same price tag. Magnanni or British Belt Co. do a solid job on their belts and I think I'd still with them in the future for belts.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › things that are making you happy 8 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Mauro Grifoni Single Breasted Chesterfield Overcoat 90% Wool 10%... 3 minutes ago
- › Holland & Sherry Bespoke 3 Piece 2 Button Grey Wool Flannel Suit 36R 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...