With regards to Comipel, its the only italian tannery that sells cordovan that I am aware of.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 987post #14791 of 153634/21/16 at 1:33pmpost #14792 of 153634/21/16 at 3:21pmpost #14793 of 153634/21/16 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meermin
Good afternoon guys!
We hope you are doing great. We're happy to announce we've just introduced our new Italian Shell Cordovan!
Our first impression when we started working with it, is that we've found this Shells to be softer & more flexible (pretty similar to Horween's in terms of flexibility & tanning) than the Japanese one we're also using. While, on the other hand, we found the Japanese Shell finish more natural & very transparent showing the different & beautiful hues of the Shell, while the Italian version is more regular in tone, but when sun-lightened up shows all its beauty.
Different ways to produce the same incredible material & both great on its own way!
Currently we have a MTO Group open for a wingtip using this leather, find all the details HERE: ----> 101509 - Cigar Shell Cordovan
We're sure you'll love them!
All the best from Mallorca,
These are beautiful! Unfortunately, the Hiro last does not fit me well. Any chance you will be releasing shell shoes made on the Elton or Olfe last?post #14794 of 153634/21/16 at 10:23pmpost #14795 of 153634/23/16 at 12:14ampost #14796 of 153634/23/16 at 1:14ampost #14797 of 153634/23/16 at 3:11ampost #14798 of 153634/23/16 at 8:58am
I've yet to receive my pair of Elton shoes yet (should come next week), but Hiro in UK7.5 is too snug for me in the instep and toebox, with the heel being loose. From the research I've done, Elton has a higher instep than Hiro and is slightly longer, which should help with the toe tightness. For Olfe, since it has a lower instep than Hiro, I sized up to UK8 for Olfe and those seem to fit me well. I imagine sizing up to UK8 on Hiro would make the heel way too loose on me. I could probably get away with it on a pair of boots, but for oxfords, heel slip would more than likely be a problem.post #14799 of 153634/23/16 at 9:29ampost #14800 of 153634/23/16 at 2:22pm
I'm about to order my first pair of Meermins. I'm 306mm length. I emailed Meermin and they recommended size UK13, 324mm length. Is that 18mm about normal in terms of sizing? Up to now I've bought all my shoes in brick stores and just try on various ones until I get the size I like, so just want to have this as close to right as possible, for a first order. I won't be able to exchange it since the 13 will be MTO. Any advice is much appreciated. I'm normally size 13 so not overly concerned or anything, just double checking.post #14801 of 153634/23/16 at 7:18pm
A question for those of you who have taken part in one of Meermin's GMTOs: are they typically shipped according to the promised schedule?
I ask because I bought their 'Cherry Anique Calf' GMTO which was scheduled to ship in April, and we're getting close to the end of the month.
Acpost #14802 of 153634/24/16 at 6:13pm
First post here at SF, long time lurker. Hoping to get some sizing advice.
My US Brannock is a 9.5/10 E width. In AE 5 last I wear a 9 EEE and have a high instep.
My foot measures 267mm long and 104mm wide.
I want to get in on this GMTO (http://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=407) in the description it says Elton last and on the left it says Olfe so not sure there, I emailed them to clarify.
I went today to a local DSW (cheap shoes I know) to try on as many shoes as I could. I tried on 6-8 different models from several manufactures in 9.5 US and 10 US and both fit ok. The 9.5 were slightly better but either one would work. The 10s just felt a little long in the toe, otherwise not much difference.
I am thinking of ordering 9UK, if they are slightly big I can add an insole or wear thicker socks.
Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.post #14803 of 153634/24/16 at 7:50pmpost #14804 of 153634/24/16 at 7:51pmpost #14805 of 153634/24/16 at 7:52pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Two Cashmere Scarfs for Autumn/Winter 3 minutes ago
- › FS: NEW Ralph Lauren Purple Label Savile Row Hand Made Brown Glen... 4 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › FS: Citizen Aqualand Promaster 25th Anniversary Eco-Drive Dive Watch 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...