or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 984

post #14746 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

Has Meermin pretty much done away with adding new RTW shoes from their LM line?

 

Wish they'd release a Norwegian welted split doe derby!

post #14747 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meermin View Post


Good morning Sirs, that´s correct, if you can´t find the size on our website then most probably we do not have stock, but it´s worth sending us an email because we might have a pair left. 

OK thank you! So how do customs work for the US? Will I have to pay anything besides the shopping cost? Also for sizd I have two Johnston murphy shoes that are size 9 what size should I get? My feet are I guess normal width
post #14748 of 15631

Thoroughly disappointed with my dark brown double monkstrap Meermins.

 

I've had them for 4 months, worn them maybe 10 times, and the buckle on the bottom right shoe just snapped off while I was walking along in central London yesterday. 

post #14749 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post

Thoroughly disappointed with my dark brown double monkstrap Meermins.

I've had them for 4 months, worn them maybe 10 times, and the buckle on the bottom right shoe just snapped off while I was walking along in central London yesterday. 

The elastic band around the buckle of my double monk torn off after 3 wears also. Seems like their material is pretty fragile.
post #14750 of 15631

I've received tassel loafers in dark brown today and I'm really happy with the fit and quality. I went with the same size as I have in Hiro - UK9.5. I think I'm going to hate Meermin because I want every single shoe from their collection :D. I love them.

 

post #14751 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win545 View Post

The elastic band around the buckle of my double monk torn off after 3 wears also. Seems like their material is pretty fragile.

Were you able to get this foxed at a cobbler or elsewhere?

In all fairness to Meermin, they have offered to send me a new buckle and reimburse my cobbler costs. Whether they stay true to their word we're yet to see.

I'll keep the thread updated.
post #14752 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post

Were you able to get this foxed at a cobbler or elsewhere?

In all fairness to Meermin, they have offered to send me a new buckle and reimburse my cobbler costs. Whether they stay true to their word we're yet to see.

I'll keep the thread updated.

Meermin did sent me an extra elastic band but i didnt ask and they didnt offer the cobbler cost (which is very low in where i live). They will keep in touch, dont worry.
post #14753 of 15631
By the way, any thoughts on the newly arrived hatchgrain and vintage calf? Havent seen any patina like this before, the lighter shade on the toe and heel?
Edited by Win545 - 4/14/16 at 7:36pm
post #14754 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by palodelincak View Post
 

I've received tassel loafers in dark brown today and I'm really happy with the fit and quality. I went with the same size as I have in Hiro - UK9.5. I think I'm going to hate Meermin because I want every single shoe from their collection :D. I love them.

 

 Really like those!

post #14755 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by palodelincak View Post
 

I've received tassel loafers in dark brown today and I'm really happy with the fit and quality. I went with the same size as I have in Hiro - UK9.5. I think I'm going to hate Meermin because I want every single shoe from their collection :D. I love them.

 

Amazing. Do you get any heel slippage at all? The thing with me about loafers is that sometimes I have to go half size down because they tend to slip as they are broken in. 

post #14756 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win545 View Post

By the way, any thoughts on the newly arrived hatchgrain and vintage calf? Havent seen any patina like this before, the lighter shade on the toe and heel?

I like the hatchgrain for a boot. I wish they would do an open face boot on a sleeker last than the Hiro though.

post #14757 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMIII View Post

I like the hatchgrain for a boot. I wish they would do an open face boot on a sleeker last than the Hiro though.

Yes, the hatchgrain for boots is one of their best option imo. Im interested in the adelaide but not quite sure about the shade. The price is a bit higher than normal GMTO right? 175 to 200?
post #14758 of 15631
Thinking about ordering a pair of shoes but wanted to make sure that when you have the English and it says 175,00$ this is in dollars right and costs $175 plus shipping?
post #14759 of 15631

Unfortunately, Meermin's email customer service has not been very helpful in figuring out my size. Responses are always just measurement tables...could some of y'all help me out?

 

 

I'm trying to figure out my size in the Hiro and Elton last.
 
My size in Allen Edmonds 65 last is US 9D. My brannock size is also 9D. I wear an 8.5 in Alden's barrie last.  The measurements of my feet are around 260mm in length and 104 mm in width. They're a tad on the wide side, but for most shoes a regular width is just fine. 
 
In addition, for orthopedic reasons I wear a plastic heel in my left shoe. It's an 11mm lift. This causes my left shoe to on occasion be a litte tight in the instep area, even when my right shoe is just fine. For example, I own a pair of Carmina monkstraps in the inca last in size 8.5UK; the left shoe is quite tight in my instep while the right shoe is a tad roomy in length. 
 
What size do you advise? 8UK or 8.5UK? How would you describe the insteps of these shoes relative to other oxfords?
 
Relevant charts:
 

HIRO

L 298 mm shoe outsole 8UK

W 105 mm shoe outsole 8UK

L 280 mm last insole 8UK

W 101 mm last insole 8UK

Foot 26.3 cm 8UK


L 301 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

W 106 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

L 284 mm last insole 8.5UK

W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK

Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK
post #14760 of 15631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosivy View Post
 

Unfortunately, Meermin's email customer service has not been very helpful in figuring out my size. Responses are always just measurement tables...could some of y'all help me out?

 

 

I'm trying to figure out my size in the Hiro and Elton last.
 
My size in Allen Edmonds 65 last is US 9D. My brannock size is also 9D. I wear an 8.5 in Alden's barrie last.  The measurements of my feet are around 260mm in length and 104 mm in width. They're a tad on the wide side, but for most shoes a regular width is just fine. 
 
In addition, for orthopedic reasons I wear a plastic heel in my left shoe. It's an 11mm lift. This causes my left shoe to on occasion be a litte tight in the instep area, even when my right shoe is just fine. For example, I own a pair of Carmina monkstraps in the inca last in size 8.5UK; the left shoe is quite tight in my instep while the right shoe is a tad roomy in length. 
 
What size do you advise? 8UK or 8.5UK? How would you describe the insteps of these shoes relative to other oxfords?
 
Relevant charts:
 

HIRO

L 298 mm shoe outsole 8UK

W 105 mm shoe outsole 8UK

L 280 mm last insole 8UK

W 101 mm last insole 8UK

Foot 26.3 cm 8UK


L 301 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

W 106 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

L 284 mm last insole 8.5UK

W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK

Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK

 

FWIW I sized down 1 full size from my AE 65 size to the Hiro. I wouldn't worry to much about the width measurement of the insole... the uppers will be wider than that and will stretch as you wear them. I find the instep of the Hiro (on their balmoral boot mind you) to be higher than the 65, but YMMV... Best of luck!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes