or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 99

post #1471 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Nice makeup.

+1
post #1472 of 11070
FYI, for me VAT deduction was about 15.5%. Might help with your cost calculations. My order of classic line shoes came out to $175 per pair shipped.
post #1473 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post

FYI, for me VAT deduction was about 15.5%. Might help with your cost calculations. My order of classic line shoes came out to $175 per pair shipped.

 

You mean Euro?

post #1474 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

You mean Euro?
No, I don't.
post #1475 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Impressive pictures! With quality shots like these on the Meermin webpage prices could be increased...

Cheers, not sure we want that though:)

Jose confirmed that a UK7.5 should be fine, so I'll be ordering that size from now on for the Ama and Hiro. The RON is apparently similar to Ama, with the instep modified for a loafer. Taking the plunge soon I reckon.

Regards,
Tom
post #1476 of 11070

Got my "Dark Brown" Oxfords.

I don't know if the colour on the site is way off or they sent me the wrong thing, all I know is that the shoes I got are

10 times better looking than the ones I ordered.

 

Compare this:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

 

With this:

 

1000

post #1477 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Got my "Dark Brown" Oxfords.

I don't know if the colour on the site is way off or they sent me the wrong thing, all I know is that the shoes I got are

10 times better looking than the ones I ordered.

 

Compare this:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

 

With this:

 

1000

 

I had the same thing happen with my bluchers I ordered. They seem to have two versions of dark brown, one an actual brown, one more or a burgundy. It's a very pleasant colour, but if you're feeling particular, you'll need to be careful.

post #1478 of 11070
Wow, I just ordered a couple in brown and I really wanted the color shown, not that. It is a nice color, but it shouldn't be sold as brown and pictured as it is on the site. Is the other version of brown, the actual brown, used on certain styles, or is it just chance to get one or the other?
post #1479 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Just received a couple of pics from Pepe on the progress of my MTO! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Nice, I have a similar make up of burgundy leather and dark brown suede.
post #1480 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post

Wow, I just ordered a couple in brown and I really wanted the color shown, not that. It is a nice color, but it shouldn't be sold as brown and pictured as it is on the site. Is the other version of brown, the actual brown, used on certain styles, or is it just chance to get one or the other?

 

From what I've seen, it's certain styles come in the different shades. For instance, the brown monks everyone has been getting come in actual brown, whereas the norwegian toe derbys come in the maroon. 

 

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1947

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

 

See the difference? 

 

What did you order that you are worried about? To be honest I was displeased as first too, but the colour, as stated above, is far from lackluster in person, and grows on you very quickly.

post #1481 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

From what I've seen, it's certain styles come in the different shades. For instance, the brown monks everyone has been getting come in actual brown, whereas the norwegian toe derbys come in the maroon. 

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1947
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

See the difference? 

What did you order that you are worried about? To be honest I was displeased as first too, but the colour, as stated above, is far from lackluster in person, and grows on you very quickly.

That's funny actually, because to me the latter pair actually looks more brown. I guess I will just wait and see. You're right that both colors are nice, and mine are more similar to the style of the double monks. I will know soon I hope.
post #1482 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Got my "Dark Brown" Oxfords.
I don't know if the colour on the site is way off or they sent me the wrong thing, all I know is that the shoes I got are
10 times better looking than the ones I ordered.

Compare this:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

With this:





Ouch. That's a deal breaker. Sure, yours is a pleasant color - but clearly the site shows a dark brown (almost chocolate) not a medium brown with subtle burgundy tones. I hope the dark browns I'm looking to order come as shown...
post #1483 of 11070

One of my friends have bought that one, and in the real it looks more like the picture on their website, but it is more beautiful inte the real.

 

I think that all the ligt on the UnnamedPlayers photo make the shoes look much lighter.

post #1484 of 11070
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex6669 View Post

One of my friends have bought that one, and in the real it looks more like the picture on their website, but it is more beautiful inte the real.

 

I think that all the ligt on the UnnamedPlayers photo make the shoes look much lighter.

The colour you see in the picture is the exact colour they appear as in real life.

 

They aren't the same as the website, not possible.

 

On the shoe box it says "Vegano Marron".

 

Marron to me is alluding to a reddish colour, exactly like the shoes appear to be.

 

If you look at the colour of these shoes it is getting closer to mine but still not the same:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1967#

post #1485 of 11070

Then you get the wrong shoe, but it is very beautiful and because you like it I will congratulate you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes