or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 980

post #14686 of 15524

Hi guys,

I just received my first Meermin purchase and I am in love with them! :laugh:

 

So I have a question for you guys after trying them on:

 

I am a usually a UK7.5 (e.g. Loakes capital) so I ordered a pair of 7.5 (which they also recommended), but I feel like there is a slight slippage while trying on them bare feet. Having said that, they felt very snug with dress socks on.

 

Would you guys suggest any remedies for this issue? Or maybe the problem will go away after the shoes are broken into?

 

Here are my unprofessionally taken photos, please enjoy!

 

 

 

 

post #14687 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonchan27 View Post
 

Hi guys,

I just received my first Meermin purchase and I am in love with them! :laugh:

 

So I have a question for you guys after trying them on:

 

I am a usually a UK7.5 (e.g. Loakes capital) so I ordered a pair of 7.5 (which they also recommended), but I feel like there is a slight slippage while trying on them bare feet. Having said that, they felt very snug with dress socks on.

 

Would you guys suggest any remedies for this issue? Or maybe the problem will go away after the shoes are broken into?

 

Here are my unprofessionally taken photos, please enjoy!

I had a bit of a slippage problem myself and I bought a pair of these http://www.verticalinsoles.com/insoles/2-achilles-shield.html They are supremely comfortable when going sockless, they increase the tightness of the fit just that tad bit and make the slippage problem disappear. I highly recommend these or something similar.

post #14688 of 15524

 

Picked up these on ebay for 60 gbp. Normally I'd take a UK9, went for a 8.5. Toes are tight but my heel is slipping slightly. A 9 would be too big and an 8 too tight, so just hoping the toes stretch them out a little bit.

post #14689 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by starro View Post


I have some interest in this as well. AE has me at 9D on the 65 last. Interested in Meermin's Elton, Olfe, New Rey lasts.

I can share my two cents on sizing, although I have a narrower foot. I wear a 10.5 C in AE's 5 last, and I find the Meermin 9.5 Olfe last fits me very well. It would probably work for a D width but be too tight for an E width. Meermin says Elton last is similar to Olfe, but New Rey is narrower and Hiro a touch wider, although I haven't tried them on. Elton will likely be my next pick up.
post #14690 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo View Post
 

I had a bit of a slippage problem myself and I bought a pair of these http://www.verticalinsoles.com/insoles/2-achilles-shield.html They are supremely comfortable when going sockless, they increase the tightness of the fit just that tad bit and make the slippage problem disappear. I highly recommend these or something similar.


didn't know these exist. Thanks for sharing. 

 

Here are my 12 pairs of Meermin shoes. Soon 13 with a gold museum calf double monk scheduled for June 16. debating about getting the navy museum calf double monk also..... 

 

fyi, I have black oxfords too but not from Meermin.

 

I wish Meermin offer some grey calf shoes

 

From top to bottom and left to right : 

 

- shearling lined cap toe dark brown napa calf derby boots

- mixed oak calf and grained dark brown calf derby boots

- mixed burgundy smooth and grained calf balmoral boots

- navy suede chukka boots

- dark brown museum calf linea maestro 

- burgundy naturcalf norwegian stiching  linea maestro

- brown long wing brogue

- dark brown suede tassel loafer

- brown suede penny loafer

- navy suede penny loafer

- burgundy/brown double monk

- navy suede double monk 

 

What do you think about my "collection" ? anything I should add ^^? 

 

post #14691 of 15524
Impressive collection! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14692 of 15524

You make me feel so much more sane for wanting all of the navy options that Meermin has. I too have the navy chukkas and they are probably the favorite among my small collection. either way, solid group you have up there.

post #14693 of 15524

Nice collection, congrats.  I would consider the NST of Linea Maestro;  I checked them at the shop and it seems a really good shoe.

 

In your experience, what would you say are the main differences between LC and LM (not taking into consideration the construcction )?.  Do they have the same quality of outsoles?.  The finishings?. Better shape of the last?. Thanks.

post #14694 of 15524
I think meermin's version of single monkstrap will look better if their buckles are not that thick, big, and squarish. Anybody have the same opinion? GMTO time for the monkstrap almost ends though, if anyone is interested.
post #14695 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win545 View Post

I think meermin's version of single monkstrap will look better if their buckles are not that thick, big, and squarish. Anybody have the same opinion? GMTO time for the monkstrap almost ends though, if anyone is interested.

Could not agree more. Beautiful looking shoe but the buckle is garish.
post #14696 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win545 View Post

I think meermin's version of single monkstrap will look better if their buckles are not that thick, big, and squarish. Anybody have the same opinion? GMTO time for the monkstrap almost ends though, if anyone is interested.

 

I'm typically not a fan of single monks for that reason, though I do love double monks. I also prefer for the buckle to be positioned more to the side and tucked away. I was able to pick up a pair of Linea Maestro monks secondhand that had a small buckle tucked away and to the side, and it's a great look IMO.

 

post #14697 of 15524

Hello!
I need help of experts.
I want to buy meermine balmoral boots with Hiro last, but are only available in 8.5UK and 9.5UK.


Usually i wear loake Capital 9F and  Colt 9F.
They are a little big (about 0.5 size), but I use them as winter shoes, with thick socks.
With thin socks loake Penin 8,5G ideal for me.
The length of my foot 263 mm, the width of my foot 101mm. I drew my leg and I put here.

Meermin gives this information about the Hiro last:


L 301 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK
W 106 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK
L 284 mm last insole 8.5UK
W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK
Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK

L 305mm shoe outsole 9UK
W 107mm shoe outsole 9UK
L 288mm shoe insole 9UK
W 103mm last insole 9UK
Foot 27,2 cm 9UK

 

 

Tell me, should I take a chance with 8,5UK or better to forget about them?

I will wear them with thin socks.

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

post #14698 of 15524

I think 8.5 is way too large for you.  Try 8 uk.

post #14699 of 15524

I just got the Linea Maestro in a UK 9 as per Meermin's recommendation for my 27cm foot. When I put them on, they sit firmly on the foot, with some issue actually stepping into them. There is however, some minor heel slippage when walking, but I feel an UK 8.5 might be too small, especially in the toe box (they are already pretty small there now).

 

Is there usually a difference after breaking the shoe in, does it get better or worse and how much heel slippage would you accept, if any?

 

Oh, and do they need to be polished straight out of the box?

post #14700 of 15524
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneki View Post
 

I just got the Linea Maestro in a UK 9 as per Meermin's recommendation for my 27cm foot. When I put them on, they sit firmly on the foot, with some issue actually stepping into them. There is however, some minor heel slippage when walking, but I feel an UK 8.5 might be too small, especially in the toe box (they are already pretty small there now).

 

Is there usually a difference after breaking the shoe in, does it get better or worse and how much heel slippage would you accept, if any?

 

Oh, and do they need to be polished straight out of the box?

 

My Linea Maestro's had heal slippage for the first week or so even though they were snug on my foot. Once the sole had broken in the heel slippage went away completely and haven't had any problems since. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes