The idea of leaving your shoe loose in your suitcase just sounds gross. I would just go buy another shoe bag.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 969post #14521 of 156502/23/16 at 11:58ampost #14522 of 156502/23/16 at 2:12pmQuote:
+1 On this. I got a pair of black oxfords on the hiro last and they were really tight and had the same problem with heel slip. After a few wears the heel slip is gone and they fit great. Still absolutely need a shoe horn to get them off though.post #14523 of 156502/24/16 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by mosivy
I'm pretty new to the shoe game (I own a pair of AE's and a pair of Carmina's). Could anyone help me figure out my size in Meermin?
I wear a US 9D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. My Carmina's are double monks (the Nicolas style made on the Rain last) and they are a size 8.5UK; perhaps a tad roomy length-wise.
Should I go with an 8.5UK or 8UK for oxfords from Meermin? Obviously I want to avoid the shipping hassle of sending them back to Spain. Thanks!
If you haven't yet made a decision on fit - I wear an 8.5 in Carmina on their Inca, Forest, and Oscar last 8 on the Soller; and find that an 8.5 on the Meermin Hiro last fits me well but perhaps a little snug. My foot is around 9 1/4 on the Brannock and a touch wide.post #14524 of 156502/24/16 at 12:07pmQuote:
Thank you! Your foot sounds similar to mine--perhaps it's slightly longer. If the 8.5UK Meermin Hiro fits you snug, I think it should work well for me.post #14525 of 156502/26/16 at 5:38am
I am searching for a good brown suede oxford and Meermin was suggested. I read this review on the suede:
Which was disappointing, and wondered if anyone had similar or opposite experiences with it.
I am also concerned about not being able to try it on and the sizing being different. Does anyone here have a 9.5D foot and have a Meermin? If so, what size did you get?post #14526 of 156502/26/16 at 7:59ampost #14527 of 156502/26/16 at 8:02ampost #14528 of 156502/26/16 at 8:09amQuote:Originally Posted by xiaopigu
Im thinking of getting these Meermin boots in the hiro last (https://meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=367). I'm a 7E with a high arch and high instep and I've seen some people saying it's ok to go one size down, others saying go half a size down. Any recommendations?
I would recommend going a half-size down. I am 8.5D/E with medium-high instep, and I found a PTB in UK7.5 on Hiro to be a bit too tight; my next Hiro purchase will be in UK8. Keep in mind that especially for boots, it's a little more forgiving if they're too big, as heel slip is less of a concern and thicker socks are always an option.post #14529 of 156502/26/16 at 12:56pmpost #14530 of 156502/27/16 at 3:37amAnyone interested in signing up for an MTO for these wholecuts, 101540 - SNUFF RAPELLO SUEDE on the Elton last?
Here's the link https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=364
I had asked Meermin if this shoe was available and initially they said no but then emailed me to say they were offering it as an MTO. How many orders do they normally need to go ahead? I've no experience with the Elton last. I'm a size 10UK in C&J 348, Lobb 7000 and 8000 and AS724. Do you guys recommend 10UK in the Elton also?post #14531 of 156502/27/16 at 3:48ampost #14532 of 156502/27/16 at 3:52ampost #14533 of 156502/27/16 at 4:08ampost #14534 of 156502/27/16 at 6:23ampost #14535 of 156502/27/16 at 4:53pmRecent purchase: Dark Brown Rapello Suede on the Hiro last
First, some photos:
Photos 6 and 9 IMO capture the color best. It is a proper dark brown, "bitter chocolate" with hints of gray and I do not see any red in the tone. Pretty representative o the stock photo, and this is my preference. I like the gray undertone and prefer it to a "milk chocolate" color for a dark brown shoe. (I have a pair of Loake Kempton's in snuff suede FWIW.)
You will only ever see the red come out if under direct sunlight.
I did not notice any construction faults and I like the rubber dainite sole. No glue residue to be seen.
I have read about the poor suede used on Meermin shoes but I cannot tell this apart from an old pair of Carmina suede oxfords TBH. The toe can be a shade darker but I really think this is an overall characteristic of suede, and again I like how it brings out the gray in the color. In comparing this pair to the Carmina oxford I prefer Meermin's TBH. I found the Carmina to be too soft in texture and more prone to spotting. Of the two Carmina suede does look smoother. If I want to darken the toe I can probably spray on some nano protector.
Last: Hiro is also a great look last IMO. I like the roundness where it is not too pointed. It is similar to Vass F last I think, which is also a great profile for being round and sleek.
Sizing: I had pairs of Carmina in UK 8 Rain last but find the Meermin in 8 UK Hiro last to fit better, mainly in the heel.
Overall I am pleased. I do not think I will try to darken the toe just yet and give it a few wears but will give it a light spray of nano protector. This will be my 3rd order from Meermin. (I also own a pair of Meermin dark brown calf oxford on the Hiro last and they are well into the 3rd year. I did have to make one return before to exchange sizes. The width on the 7.5 UK was too slim.)
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 2 minutes ago
- › 10D Polo RL Whiskey Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers (USA) 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 10D C&J for Polo "Marlow" Brown Shell Cordovan Wingtips 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Three-color striped ties 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...