Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 964post #14446 of 144582/9/16 at 1:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14447 of 144582/9/16 at 4:09pmpost #14448 of 144582/9/16 at 4:44pmQuote:
Check out Hanger Project shoe shine tutorial.
Basically, you need time and patience plus these materials.
1) Cotton cloth
#2 and #3 should be applied sparingly.
Polish for 20 coats or more of thinly applied wax.post #14449 of 144582/9/16 at 6:39pmpost #14450 of 144582/9/16 at 11:33pmQuote:
They made a mistake. There is no way you can fit into a UK6. You need about 15 mm extra at the front of the shoe, so for you its 267 mm + 15 mm = 282 mm. They have measurements for the Ron last here. 282 mm puts you between UK7.5 and UK8.
The width is a bit trickier because even though the shoe widens a bit from the measurement as you go up from the insole, you still have quite wide feet. If your measurements are correct, I don't think you could fit into the Ron last comfortably. I especially wouldn't gamble with an MTO order.post #14451 of 144582/9/16 at 11:36pmQuote:
I'm a 26 cm / UK7.5. @Maxim Olar's 27.5 cm is more like UK9 or 9.5.post #14452 of 144582/10/16 at 12:03ampost #14453 of 144582/10/16 at 1:10ampost #14454 of 144582/10/16 at 4:23amQuote:
Generic. And by all accounts on here, a poor fit for the hiro. Unless lasted, always buy cedar shoe trees unbranded from eBay or Amazon. Often they'll be identical to ones made for the brands, minus the brass plate. For half, or even a third of the price.post #14455 of 144582/10/16 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kestasme
I'm a little confused about meermins sizing. My measurements are 26,5CM length and 10,5CM width on the left foot. 26,7CM length and 11CM width on the right one. I have only recently bought my first classic shoe which would be the no 562 full brogue from shoepassion in UK8,5. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I would say that my right foot fits pretty well with me barely squeezing a finger in, while my left foot has a tad of heel slip as it is called but not so much that it would slip out of the shoe or anything. However, when I wrote to Meermin asking about my shoe size here is what they wrote:
First of all thank you for your interest in Meermin.
In order to provide you with the most accurate sizing recommendation possible, kindly specify us your UK sizing, you usually wear on your dress shoes. SInce the wide measures you send us looks really small form our experience, we attch you the ones that from lenght should fit you so please double check the wide.
L 278mm shoe outsole 6UK.
W 096mm Shoe outsole 6UK.
L 268mm last insole 6UK.
W 91 mm last insole 6UK
Thanks again for your interest in Meermin and we hope we can assist you shortly.
I have yet to reply but I find it strange that I would have to jump from a UK8,5 to a UK6. Maybe they made a mistake or did I? As i have noticed in this thread, a person was recommended a UK9 when their measurements were 27.2 length and 9.6 width.
I am particularly interested in the Ron last as I am looking into buying their antique green calf MTO loafers when they appear again.
I'm a 9.5UK and had to go down to 9 for the Ron loafers. 9.5 had too much heel slip, and I stretched my current pair (suede) to where they are snug but not uncomfortable.post #14456 of 144582/10/16 at 7:56am
This thread needs more shoe pics. Here are my LM wingtips that I picked up in Madrid in December. I haven't worn them much yet as they were about a 1/4 size too big and I had some heel slippage. Finally got around to getting some thin insoles to fill out the shoes and I'm very happy with the results.post #14457 of 144582/10/16 at 8:58am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1692 Active Users (417 Members and 1275 Guests)
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 43 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 44 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shell Cordovan Boots - 10 / 10E / 10.5D - Crockett & Jones (RL... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...