Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 964post #14446 of 148242/9/16 at 1:48pmpost #14447 of 148242/9/16 at 4:09pmpost #14448 of 148242/9/16 at 4:44pmQuote:
Check out Hanger Project shoe shine tutorial.
Basically, you need time and patience plus these materials.
1) Cotton cloth
#2 and #3 should be applied sparingly.
Polish for 20 coats or more of thinly applied wax.post #14449 of 148242/9/16 at 6:39pmpost #14450 of 148242/9/16 at 11:33pmQuote:
They made a mistake. There is no way you can fit into a UK6. You need about 15 mm extra at the front of the shoe, so for you its 267 mm + 15 mm = 282 mm. They have measurements for the Ron last here. 282 mm puts you between UK7.5 and UK8.
The width is a bit trickier because even though the shoe widens a bit from the measurement as you go up from the insole, you still have quite wide feet. If your measurements are correct, I don't think you could fit into the Ron last comfortably. I especially wouldn't gamble with an MTO order.post #14451 of 148242/9/16 at 11:36pmQuote:
I'm a 26 cm / UK7.5. @Maxim Olar's 27.5 cm is more like UK9 or 9.5.post #14452 of 148242/10/16 at 12:03ampost #14453 of 148242/10/16 at 1:10ampost #14454 of 148242/10/16 at 4:23amQuote:
Generic. And by all accounts on here, a poor fit for the hiro. Unless lasted, always buy cedar shoe trees unbranded from eBay or Amazon. Often they'll be identical to ones made for the brands, minus the brass plate. For half, or even a third of the price.post #14455 of 148242/10/16 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kestasme
I'm a little confused about meermins sizing. My measurements are 26,5CM length and 10,5CM width on the left foot. 26,7CM length and 11CM width on the right one. I have only recently bought my first classic shoe which would be the no 562 full brogue from shoepassion in UK8,5. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I would say that my right foot fits pretty well with me barely squeezing a finger in, while my left foot has a tad of heel slip as it is called but not so much that it would slip out of the shoe or anything. However, when I wrote to Meermin asking about my shoe size here is what they wrote:
First of all thank you for your interest in Meermin.
In order to provide you with the most accurate sizing recommendation possible, kindly specify us your UK sizing, you usually wear on your dress shoes. SInce the wide measures you send us looks really small form our experience, we attch you the ones that from lenght should fit you so please double check the wide.
L 278mm shoe outsole 6UK.
W 096mm Shoe outsole 6UK.
L 268mm last insole 6UK.
W 91 mm last insole 6UK
Thanks again for your interest in Meermin and we hope we can assist you shortly.
I have yet to reply but I find it strange that I would have to jump from a UK8,5 to a UK6. Maybe they made a mistake or did I? As i have noticed in this thread, a person was recommended a UK9 when their measurements were 27.2 length and 9.6 width.
I am particularly interested in the Ron last as I am looking into buying their antique green calf MTO loafers when they appear again.
I'm a 9.5UK and had to go down to 9 for the Ron loafers. 9.5 had too much heel slip, and I stretched my current pair (suede) to where they are snug but not uncomfortable.post #14456 of 148242/10/16 at 7:56am
This thread needs more shoe pics. Here are my LM wingtips that I picked up in Madrid in December. I haven't worn them much yet as they were about a 1/4 size too big and I had some heel slippage. Finally got around to getting some thin insoles to fill out the shoes and I'm very happy with the results.post #14457 of 148242/10/16 at 8:58ampost #14458 of 148242/10/16 at 9:01ampost #14459 of 148242/10/16 at 5:12pmpost #14460 of 148242/10/16 at 5:18pmThQuote:Originally Posted by JezeC
St James II in vintage cherry?
Meermin's interpretation looks even more flashy with Cherry antique. Does anyone has real-life pictures of vintage cherry?
Theres about 3-4 pictures recently on instagram hashtag #meermin on the same model.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1488 Active Users (335 Members and 1153 Guests)
- › MC General Chat 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts