Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 964post #14446 of 156502/9/16 at 1:48pmpost #14447 of 156502/9/16 at 4:09pmpost #14448 of 156502/9/16 at 4:44pmQuote:
Check out Hanger Project shoe shine tutorial.
Basically, you need time and patience plus these materials.
1) Cotton cloth
#2 and #3 should be applied sparingly.
Polish for 20 coats or more of thinly applied wax.post #14449 of 156502/9/16 at 6:39pmpost #14450 of 156502/9/16 at 11:33pmQuote:
They made a mistake. There is no way you can fit into a UK6. You need about 15 mm extra at the front of the shoe, so for you its 267 mm + 15 mm = 282 mm. They have measurements for the Ron last here. 282 mm puts you between UK7.5 and UK8.
The width is a bit trickier because even though the shoe widens a bit from the measurement as you go up from the insole, you still have quite wide feet. If your measurements are correct, I don't think you could fit into the Ron last comfortably. I especially wouldn't gamble with an MTO order.post #14451 of 156502/9/16 at 11:36pmQuote:
I'm a 26 cm / UK7.5. @Maxim Olar's 27.5 cm is more like UK9 or 9.5.post #14452 of 156502/10/16 at 12:03ampost #14453 of 156502/10/16 at 1:10ampost #14454 of 156502/10/16 at 4:23amQuote:
Generic. And by all accounts on here, a poor fit for the hiro. Unless lasted, always buy cedar shoe trees unbranded from eBay or Amazon. Often they'll be identical to ones made for the brands, minus the brass plate. For half, or even a third of the price.post #14455 of 156502/10/16 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kestasme
I'm a little confused about meermins sizing. My measurements are 26,5CM length and 10,5CM width on the left foot. 26,7CM length and 11CM width on the right one. I have only recently bought my first classic shoe which would be the no 562 full brogue from shoepassion in UK8,5. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I would say that my right foot fits pretty well with me barely squeezing a finger in, while my left foot has a tad of heel slip as it is called but not so much that it would slip out of the shoe or anything. However, when I wrote to Meermin asking about my shoe size here is what they wrote:
First of all thank you for your interest in Meermin.
In order to provide you with the most accurate sizing recommendation possible, kindly specify us your UK sizing, you usually wear on your dress shoes. SInce the wide measures you send us looks really small form our experience, we attch you the ones that from lenght should fit you so please double check the wide.
L 278mm shoe outsole 6UK.
W 096mm Shoe outsole 6UK.
L 268mm last insole 6UK.
W 91 mm last insole 6UK
Thanks again for your interest in Meermin and we hope we can assist you shortly.
I have yet to reply but I find it strange that I would have to jump from a UK8,5 to a UK6. Maybe they made a mistake or did I? As i have noticed in this thread, a person was recommended a UK9 when their measurements were 27.2 length and 9.6 width.
I am particularly interested in the Ron last as I am looking into buying their antique green calf MTO loafers when they appear again.
I'm a 9.5UK and had to go down to 9 for the Ron loafers. 9.5 had too much heel slip, and I stretched my current pair (suede) to where they are snug but not uncomfortable.post #14456 of 156502/10/16 at 7:56am
This thread needs more shoe pics. Here are my LM wingtips that I picked up in Madrid in December. I haven't worn them much yet as they were about a 1/4 size too big and I had some heel slippage. Finally got around to getting some thin insoles to fill out the shoes and I'm very happy with the results.post #14457 of 156502/10/16 at 8:58ampost #14458 of 156502/10/16 at 9:01ampost #14459 of 156502/10/16 at 5:12pmpost #14460 of 156502/10/16 at 5:18pmThQuote:Originally Posted by JezeC
St James II in vintage cherry?
Meermin's interpretation looks even more flashy with Cherry antique. Does anyone has real-life pictures of vintage cherry?
Theres about 3-4 pictures recently on instagram hashtag #meermin on the same model.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1680 Active Users (355 Members and 1325 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 43 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Heavyweight Terry Hoodie/Sweats 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...