Buy them at the shop; check your fit and the QC. Easy answer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 945post #14161 of 1549912/20/15 at 10:31ampost #14162 of 1549912/20/15 at 9:03pmpost #14163 of 1549912/20/15 at 10:17pmpost #14164 of 1549912/22/15 at 9:52ampost #14165 of 1549912/22/15 at 12:42pm
Depends on the shape of your foot and the last of the shoe. I am typically 10US and take 9.5UK in most Meermin lasts (Ron, Rui, Hiro). but I take 9UK in English brands such as Grenson and Loake as they tend to be wider and have higher insteppost #14166 of 1549912/22/15 at 12:45pmRui is a pretty generous last in terms of width. It might be too wide for you. What other types of shoes you have that fit you wellpost #14167 of 1549912/22/15 at 2:36pmpost #14168 of 1549912/22/15 at 4:45pmpost #14169 of 1549912/23/15 at 9:43ampost #14170 of 1549912/25/15 at 4:32amQuote:Originally Posted by jcman311 Shell Cordovan Norvegese welt (Click to show)Quote:
Thanks for sharing the detailed pictures.
A sharp contrast to what Mosy posted earlier.
Seems Meermin takes a bit more care with their Shell Cordovan?
I still enjoy my loafers very much.post #14171 of 1549912/26/15 at 9:28ampost #14172 of 1549912/26/15 at 1:10pmI wear a US 6.5EE in the AE 65 last (fairly high instep).
Should I get a UK 5.5 or 6 in the Hiro last?
I plan on getting the suede double monks so even if it's a little tight, it can be a loosened a bit with the buckles, right? I'm quite positive a 6.5 would be too long and look like clown shoes on my tiny feet.post #14173 of 1549912/27/15 at 8:00amQuote:
Id recommend a UK 10.5E for the Hiro last. Ron is a little wider but since you have a medium to wide foot, would recommend half size down as well.post #14174 of 1549912/27/15 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by keepsake89
I wear a US 6.5EE in the AE 65 last (fairly high instep).
Should I get a UK 5.5 or 6 in the Hiro last?
I plan on getting the suede double monks so even if it's a little tight, it can be a loosened a bit with the buckles, right? I'm quite positive a 6.5 would be too long and look like clown shoes on my tiny feet.
Given your wide feet, Id recommend a UK6 on the Hiro last. They run narrower so you may want to check for a wide fitting, not sure if Meermin offers tho.post #14175 of 1549912/28/15 at 5:24amQuote:
I would like to share some updated pictures now half a year later with 15+ wears.
They have had a couple of treatments of Saphir Reno and once I have used a very small amount of Saphir cordovan cream. Besides that they have only been treated with the Mac-Method.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway