or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 929

post #13921 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

This. I've had a lot of trouble with all of my Meermin shoes breaking in. Now I use Saphire's conditioner and cream once a week (sometimes twice) with new pairs, and they break in sooooo much faster.

Hi, When should i use Saphir's Renovateur? I polish my shoes only with Saphir's Creme, and do not use the Wax. Should i therefore, using them before or after applying the creme polish (one after another), or wait a few hours between them to let them be absorbed into the leather, or use them both separately on different days?

Reason for asking is because i have a Meermin Hiro Oxford captoes (classic collection, from the RTW series) which like the previous user mentioned, feels as stiff as rock even after many wears. On the other hand, i have a Adelaide oxford in Park last (classic collection, from the GMTO) which feels extremely comfortable - leather is soft. shog[1].gif

Thanks in advance icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #13922 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by droppp View Post

Hi, When should i use Saphir's Renovateur? I polish my shoes only with Saphir's Creme, and do not use the Wax. Should i therefore, using them before or after applying the creme polish (one after another), or wait a few hours between them to let them be absorbed into the leather, or use them both separately on different days?

Reason for asking is because i have a Meermin Hiro Oxford captoes (classic collection, from the RTW series) which like the previous user mentioned, feels as stiff as rock even after many wears. On the other hand, i have a Adelaide oxford in Park last (classic collection, from the GMTO) which feels extremely comfortable - leather is soft. shog[1].gif

Thanks in advance icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I primarily use renovateur and cream myself. I use wax on my more dressy oxfords, but that's all. Strictly personal preference. I find the rev and cream softens the shoe up considerably, don't be afraid to do both once a week until they break in.
post #13923 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

I primarily use renovateur and cream myself. I use wax on my more dressy oxfords, but that's all. Strictly personal preference. I find the rev and cream softens the shoe up considerably, don't be afraid to do both once a week until they break in.

Hi CaptainTohm,

do you use them together in one sitting or on separate occasions once a week? or it doesnt really matter?

Thanks nod[1].gif
post #13924 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanc View Post
 

Does anyone have recommendations for a spray-on waterproofer for chocolate suede PTB's I just purchased? They have the dainite (or meermin's equivalent) sole, and I was hoping to be able to wear them throughout fall and not have to worry about being caught out in the rain. 

 

I use Collonil's Anti Rain – works just fine on my suede boots. If you prefer a coloured spray to restore the chocolate hue, perhaps try Saphir's MDO Tinted spray?

post #13925 of 15523

Searching for a renovateur for my snuff Meermin's, what kind of renovateur do you guys use? The Saphir mid. brown is to dark.

post #13926 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Vriend View Post

Searching for a renovateur for my snuff Meermin's, what kind of renovateur do you guys use? The Saphir mid. brown is to dark.

Do you mean snuff suede? Don't use any sort of cream or wax on suede, regardless of color.
post #13927 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post


Do you mean snuff suede? Don't use any sort of cream or wax on suede, regardless of color.

Indeed, snuff suede. The color is getting "pale"(don't know if thats the right word for it).

post #13928 of 15523
Gentlemen,

I recently acquired four pairs of Meermin shoes and boots in OAK ANTIQUE CALF while visiting their shop in Madrid. The color once properly polished is really beautiful. The problem is that I don't know which SAPHIR surfine cream should I use on these shoes. Or SAPHIR wax for that matter.

Can anyone please suggest the right color to go with this Oak Antique Calf color please?

Thank you!
post #13929 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by droppp View Post

Hi CaptainTohm,

do you use them together in one sitting or on separate occasions once a week? or it doesnt really matter?

Thanks nod[1].gif

I use them together. I use the Ren first, then wait fifteen minutes, then I polish with cream. If it's my first time polishing the shoes, I wait fifteen more minutes and then apply a second coat of cream (or a coat of wax, depending on the shoe).
post #13930 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

I use them together. I use the Ren first, then wait fifteen minutes, then I polish with cream. If it's my first time polishing the shoes, I wait fifteen more minutes and then apply a second coat of cream (or a coat of wax, depending on the shoe).

Hi there. What's your rationale for applying a second coat of cream or wax if it's a new pair? Also, how long do you wait before polishing them again (Reno + cream routine)? I am currently doing them once every week, but I figure I should go by # of wears as some pairs maybe only gets worn once a week. So polishing them after every wear per se is a little excessive?
post #13931 of 15523
Anyone have real life pictures of the antique oak sherling lined boots?
post #13932 of 15523
Been looking for a pair of jodhpurs and saw that an mto group recently finished up. So did anyone order a pair in 9UK but not want them anymore?
post #13933 of 15523

Am I out of luck if I'm interested in Meermin boots with a slightly higher-than-usual heel? Say, 40mm?

post #13934 of 15523
Which boots would you recommend between these two?

Option 1:

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4663

Option 2:

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4674

Would option 1 still work with jeans? Or would it look wear with the naked eyelets? I want something that would work with both jeans and wool trousers.
post #13935 of 15523
Quote:
Originally Posted by droppp View Post

Hi there. What's your rationale for applying a second coat of cream or wax if it's a new pair? Also, how long do you wait before polishing them again (Reno + cream routine)? I am currently doing them once every week, but I figure I should go by # of wears as some pairs maybe only gets worn once a week. So polishing them after every wear per se is a little excessive?

This explains why much better than I ever could.

https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/presidential-shoe-shine-guide/

Although I polish my shoes several times in a short period while breaking them in, I typically get a little lazy afterwards. I polish my shoes every two or three weeks, depending on the amount of wear. If I'm not going to wear a pair for a while, I put them in dust bags so I don't need to worry about keeping them brushed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes