or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 924

post #13846 of 15548
I personally have never used saddle soap on my Meermin's, but liberally apply Saphire's moisturizing product every polish (but especially in the first few months) and I've found that helps break the shoe in, and also relieves a squeaky tongue.
post #13847 of 15548

Posted a substantial review of this pair from the Classic collection on my blog, might be of interest to some.

 


Edited by j ingevaldsson - 10/11/15 at 2:01pm
post #13848 of 15548
My plum museum calf meermins after probably two dozen wears. I really enjoy them.
post #13849 of 15548

New member here struggling with sizing, just recently purchased a pair in the Olfe last in uk size 7, which is the consensus since I'm a 8E in AE last 5.

The shoes fit fine everywhere, except for the heel where its literally crushing me. I've read that many people have this problem, but will this get better? or am I not sizing correctly?

I plan on getting another pair in the Hiro last, but now I'm contemplating on whether or not I should only size down half instead of a full.

post #13850 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrboy View Post
 

New member here struggling with sizing, just recently purchased a pair in the Olfe last in uk size 7, which is the consensus since I'm a 8E in AE last 5.

The shoes fit fine everywhere, except for the heel where its literally crushing me. I've read that many people have this problem, but will this get better? or am I not sizing correctly?

I plan on getting another pair in the Hiro last, but now I'm contemplating on whether or not I should only size down half instead of a full.

I would go a half size down on the hiro. From personal experience it is really a C width on the AE 5 last.

post #13851 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrboy View Post

New member here struggling with sizing, just recently purchased a pair in the Olfe last in uk size 7, which is the consensus since I'm a 8E in AE last 5.
The shoes fit fine everywhere, except for the heel where its literally crushing me. I've read that many people have this problem, but will this get better? or am I not sizing correctly?
I plan on getting another pair in the Hiro last, but now I'm contemplating on whether or not I should only size down half instead of a full.

Crushing you how? Too narrow? Or digging into your achilles?
post #13852 of 15548
Thanks for the input oxfordsandties.
They're not too narrow, it's more so on the digging into my heel side.
post #13853 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunberg View Post
 

 

So it's 3 of us now for that great double monk.

How much people we need to make a group MTO? Does anybody know?

 

Regards last. I wanted to ask myself about fitting. I have not shoes from Meermin. Comparing to Carmina I fit ok with Rain, in Simpson I go 0,5 size up.  

C&J 325 is ok, 348 is narrow for me and instep is low. Vass F is good fit. Can you enlighten me on Meermin lasts? Regards Rui don't you think that it's a little too shapeless in comparison with other lasts? I think that monk will look sharp in some chiseled last. New ray, Hiro, Ben are looking good. Don't you want to go 0,5 size in some more elegant last? For comparison I have wide feet in forefoot and high instep. Most people say that Carmina Simpson is almost impossible to wear due to narrowness. I have them (+0,5 size) and they are very comfortable.  

 

I do agree that the RUI is less sleek than usual for a double monk, but, unfortunately, it's the only last Meermin makes that I can wear. Sizing up +0.5 gives me a shoe that is far too long. 

post #13854 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrboy View Post
 

New member here struggling with sizing, just recently purchased a pair in the Olfe last in uk size 7, which is the consensus since I'm a 8E in AE last 5.

The shoes fit fine everywhere, except for the heel where its literally crushing me. I've read that many people have this problem, but will this get better? or am I not sizing correctly?

I plan on getting another pair in the Hiro last, but now I'm contemplating on whether or not I should only size down half instead of a full.

 

I've owned a balmoral in Olfe and a double monk in Hiro, both in size 7UK. I am also 8US D in AE 5 last. I have the opposite problem as you - my heel slips out of Hiro but is nicely snug in Olfe. So I will say this: Hiro has a wider, bigger heel than Olfe. However, the toe box is a bit narrower. Olfe fits me very well, but with Hiro I get heel slip. The toe area is a bit more narrow with Hiro, but it's not uncomfortably narrow. That's the best description I can give.

post #13855 of 15548
Tomorrow I'm going to post pictures of my new boots that just arrived I can't wait to wear them. My gmto wingtip boots and suede Chelsea boots
post #13856 of 15548

Can someone help me with Park sizing?
I am normally a UK9. I have a pair of UK9.5 balmoral boots from Meermin in Hiro. It fits fine.

For the Park (oxford) GMTO, should i stay with UK9?

I have a higher instep as well.

post #13857 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post
 

 

I do agree that the RUI is less sleek than usual for a double monk, but, unfortunately, it's the only last Meermin makes that I can wear. Sizing up +0.5 gives me a shoe that is far too long. 

 

Ok, I guess Rui is ok with me

post #13858 of 15548

Attention, attention. We are gathering group MTO for that beautiful double monk in norvegese construction. White stitching, dark brown natur calf, double soles (semi-finished as on picture).... Please join in. It's 3 of us now.

post #13859 of 15548
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunberg View Post



Attention, attention. We are gathering group MTO for that beautiful double monk in norvegese construction. White stitching, dark brown natur calf, double soles (semi-finished as on picture).... Please join in. It's 3 of us now.


Indicative price ?
post #13860 of 15548
Hand welted or classic? Would consider if linea range.

Also agree regarding hiro vs olfe. Hiro has a wider heal, and I get a lot of slippage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes