or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 81

post #1201 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

With the amount of emails they receive daily, I actually don't blame them.

The problem is not simply slow response time. They were very communicative before I'd paid, even emailing me back on a Sunday night. The problem is in the discrepancy in response times after you've paid.

Like I said I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they are truly that busy count me as one who would prefer slightly higher prices and better customer service.
post #1202 of 11759
Just got my refund from Meermin. Perhaps they are reading this thread!
post #1203 of 11759
They are, they have responded earlier in the thread.
post #1204 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciKid View Post

Just got my refund from Meermin. Perhaps they are reading this thread!

 

In fact representatives of Meermin have been posting in this thread a few months back, tough I suspect they currently have better things to do then reading SF...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciKid View Post


The problem is not simply slow response time. They were very communicative before I'd paid, even emailing me back on a Sunday night. The problem is in the discrepancy in response times after you've paid.

 

 

 
My experience on the contrary is that responsiveness has dropped sharply since late early July, and this is not only for customers who have already paid. I've just talk to a friend who sent an email concerning his first order, he had a 5 day or so wait. I also inquired myself about placing a second order of shoes suitable for winter wear, and was asked that they be allowed to get in touch with me later after they sort out the exchange for my first order.
 
So no, in my experience there is no "get paid quick, sort things out later" - mentality at work here.
 
If one considers the Meermin philosophy, it appears it's clear that by offering a somewhat basic range, lasts on the conservative side, rather narrow range of colors (most likely to enable large-quantity purchases of leather at a discount rate) and have the owners of the company themselves handling sales representative and customer side contact, they are able to offer a quality product at a very good price. 
 
There is bound to be some corner-cutting somewhere, and the more of it that's keep out of the shoe itself, the happier I will personally be.
post #1205 of 11759
I can add the above the 10 hours after sending my polite reminder (which was sent at midnight), I got a reply from Sandro confirming reciept of my return package, (which means he replied within 1-2 hours of the start of his workday).
 
Let's keep in mind that's not just a question of responsiveness, but also of actually getting in touch with somebody who is knowledgeable about the product in question. To give some comparasion with other men´s shoemakers/retailers, I keep getting very fast replies from Herring Shoes (UK) and Markowski (France), that often seem to be written by somebody who has very little knowledge of the product, and often contains copy-paste info that´s already on the homepage. 
 
If you can actually get in touch with Adrian Herring himself I'm sure he could answer my questions at lenght, but I think it's safe to assume he is just as busy as the Albaladejo brothers.
post #1206 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosroth View Post

I can add the above the 10 hours after sending my polite reminder (which was sent at midnight), I got a reply from Sandro confirming reciept of my return package, (which means he replied within 1-2 hours of the start of his workday).
 
Let's keep in mind that's not just a question of responsiveness, but also of actually getting in touch with somebody who is knowledgeable about the product in question. To give some comparasion with other men´s shoemakers/retailers, I keep getting very fast replies from Herring Shoes (UK) and Markowski (France), that often seem to be written by somebody who has very little knowledge of the product, and often contains copy-paste info that´s already on the homepage. 
 
If you can actually get in touch with Adrian Herring himself I'm sure he could answer my questions at lenght, but I think it's safe to assume he is just as busy as the Albaladejo brothers.

Used them before and they are no where near as good when it comes to customer service as Meermin. Horrendously overpriced as well.
post #1207 of 11759
The customer service that I've received thus far has been pretty good, I'm in the same timezone as Spain and I've had Pepe mail me at half past midnight to respond to my queries. I haven't had any reason to contact Pepe again since I placed my order, so I can't really weigh in on whether or not communications grind to a halt once money has changed hands, but while we were discussing the details of my MTO it could take between 20 minutes to 2 days for Pepe to respond, but it generally took him around 3 hours. All I can do right now is to wait, if all goes according to plan then I should receive my cordovan split toe norwegian derby early October.
post #1208 of 11759
Also, it might be that it takes them a while to respond to English speakers because it isn't their first language. Thinking about it, they must get orders in all kinds of languages.
post #1209 of 11759
I happen to be in Spain, and I went to the Meermin store.
The shoes are indeed impressive.
The store is untouched by any protests, the protest were minor actually. Went by our hotel.

The demand for the shoes seems to have gone up according to the salesman, at least per my broken Spanish.
Pictures to follow... I got a captoe double monk, in classic line.

Also, gave into an impulse buy and picked up a Carmina.

It seems to my examination that both shoes are on the same league, though the Meermin is substantially cheaper.
post #1210 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Used them before and they are no where near as good when it comes to customer service as Meermin. Horrendously overpriced as well.

Completely opposite experience for me.

as for meermin, their sales have probably exploded and they are swamped, as small businesses get in this type of situation.
post #1211 of 11759
Yea I think they are probably just swamped. I sent an email probably about 5 days ago first email still waiting for a reply.
post #1212 of 11759
Honestly, even if you are swamped, you don't stop answering phone - which in this case, emails. Customer service is paramount for any business - big or small.

I hope they recognize that and rectify that quickly.

I am interested in a pair or two of Meermin shoes but after reading through all the non-responses/delayed-responses, I am hesitant....
post #1213 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

Honestly, even if you are swamped, you don't stop answering phone - which in this case, emails. Customer service is paramount for any business - big or small.
I hope they recognize that and rectify that quickly.
I am interested in a pair or two of Meermin shoes but after reading through all the non-responses/delayed-responses, I am hesitant....

They're still answering their mail, it just takes a little longer.  They're still faster in responding to mails than a lot of other companies.

 

I also think they don't really need any more employees to answer the mails, they just have to get their online shop working. 

 

By the way, they told me they were going to send me my new shoes this Monday, but I didn't receive a TNT notification that day. I waited a bit today, but still no mail from TNT.  So I contacted them again.  Hopefully I'll still receive my new pair of shoes this week, because I've been waiting pretty long for them. (I was on vacation, so the exchange wasn't really possible, not their fault)

post #1214 of 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Badly want to see the thumbnail for the link to the "Norvegesse" come to fruition for sale.

 

So anyone know if these are on the docket or if you can get them as a MTO, before I clog up their email even more? Or any other styles? Already pretty well stocked in the basics they offer, but really would like to check out a pair from them.

post #1215 of 11759
I really don't know what you guys want from them after purchase. Constant emails telling you that now the cobbler is stitching the upper? When I ordered the emails were really quick, far faster than most companies I've dealt with. Even then I don't think a day or two to respond is really slow by any means. For a small company, answering emails can quickly become a fulltime job for someone who probably has other things to do as well.

That said, my MTO shoes are already a week over from their estimate..hopefully they're just in the mail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes