or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 79

post #1171 of 11385

Two questions, I want some formal black and brown shoes, and I'm not quite suer which ones to get.

Black options - 1)  101090 - BLACK CALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?idioma=eng&id=1930

   or

2)  - 101273 - BLACK CALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925

 

and for the brown options

1. 10172 - DARK BROWN NATURCALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1972

or

2. 102087 - DARK BROWN NATURCALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?idioma=eng&id=1893%C2%A0

 

and how exactly do you buy from the Meermin site? If you choose a shoe, it says 'Buy Offline' but if you click on that it just takes you to a page where you fill in your name and email pretty much...do they contact you after that about the purchase?

post #1172 of 11385
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkentt View Post

Two questions, I want some formal black and brown shoes, and I'm not quite suer which ones to get.

Black options - 1)  101090 - BLACK CALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?idioma=eng&id=1930

   or

2)  - 101273 - BLACK CALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925

 

 

For the black shoes, I notice you have picked one oxford (101273 on Hiro last) and one black blucher (101090 on Ama last). Two things are worth to consider; the Ama last is slightly wider (labeled as E+), so if your feet are wider are narrower, it might be wise to pick a corresponding last for a better fit.
 
Second, the oxford shoe with it´s closed lacing is considered a more formal shoe that with a good polish can work for more formal events; the blucher will look a bit funny if worn with a tux or tailcoat, the oxford can be passable if you can´t be bothered to buy patent shoes or velvet slippers (tux only) for those outfits. 
 
On the other hand, black cap-toe oxfords will look a bit funny when worn without at least a suit - I saw a fellow with blue jeans and black cap-toe oxfords on the buss the other day, and trust me, it was just plain weird.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkentt View Post
and for the brown options

1. 10172 - DARK BROWN NATURCALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1972

or

2. 102087 - DARK BROWN NATURCALF - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?idioma=eng&id=1893%C2%A0

 

 

 

For the brown shoes, I notice you´ve picked two pairs of oxfords from Linea Maestro range, which run a 100 euros extra. Two tings worth considering here is that both pairs are on really narrow lasts (if you click on the last text in the product description the width label appears). Consensus on this forum seems to be to stay away from the Vil last (model 102087) unless you have pretty narrow feet and can comfortably fit a "D" fitting.
 
Second thing worth considering is that if you are going to purchase Linea Maestro, you can add another 50 euro and get an made-to-order shoe which is highly customizable and let´s you pick any combination material, sole, last, style and everything else down to a personal monogram.
 
If you want to stick with the Classic Collection, the http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339 is also decent versatile option for the brown shoes. I would go with those  + the black captoe oxford (101273) if I just needed daily formal shoes for job in a suit, or, if I had a little more cash to spend, have the brown pair made-to-order to my personal tastes.
 
 
Quote:

 

and how exactly do you buy from the Meermin site? If you choose a shoe, it says 'Buy Offline' but if you click on that it just takes you to a page where you fill in your name and email pretty much...do they contact you after that about the purchase?

 

1. You send them the form/e-mail and tell them what you want.

 

2. They send you a PayPal innovice.

 

3. You pay.

 

4. They ship.


Edited by Gosroth - 7/16/12 at 3:31am
post #1173 of 11385

In ref. the long wait for email replies, I had a 2 day wait in hearing back from Jose then Sandro about returns - probably on the low end of the priorities for them. I would also suggest patience.

post #1174 of 11385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosroth View Post


For the black shoes, I notice you have picked one oxford (101273 on Hiro last) and one black blucher (101090 on Ama last). Two things are worth to consider; the Ama last is slightly wider (labeled as E+), so if your feet are wider are narrower, it might be wise to pick a corresponding last for a better fit.
 
Second, the oxford shoe with it´s closed lacing is considered a more formal shoe that with a good polish can work for more formal events; the blucher will look a bit funny if worn with a tux or tailcoat, the oxford can be passable if you can´t be bothered to buy patent shoes or velvet slippers (tux only) for those outfits. 
 
On the other hand, black cap-toe oxfords will look a bit funny when worn without at least a suit - I saw a fellow with blue jeans and black cap-toe oxfords on the buss the other day, and trust me, it was just plain weird.





For the brown shoes, I notice you´ve picked two pairs of oxfords from Linea Maestro range, which run a 100 euros extra. Two tings worth considering here is that both pairs are on really narrow lasts (if you click on the last text in the product description the width label appears). Consensus on this forum seems to be to stay away from the Vil last (model 102087) unless you have pretty narrow feet and can comfortably fit a "D" fitting.
 
Second thing worth considering is that if you are going to purchase Linea Maestro, you can add another 50 euro and get an made-to-order shoe which is highly customizable and let´s you pick any combination material, sole, last, style and everything else down to a personal monogram.
 
If you want to stick with the Classic Collection, the http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339 is also decent versatile option for the brown shoes. I would go with those  + the black captoe oxford (101273) if I just needed daily formal shoes for job in a suit, or, if I had a little more cash to spend, have the brown pair made-to-order to my personal tastes.

 
 

1. You send them the form/e-mail and tell them what you want.

2. They send you a Pay-Pay innovice.

3. You pay.

4. They ship.

Somebody further back mentioned that the Ama last was wider but more tapered so it was actually less room in the toes. I got wider feet for my size, but the Hiro fit is good in size 7. I do think about trying out the New Rey in a size 7.5 though.

On a another note;

First time in the wild. The shine is getting so mirrored I soon have to blur out my face from the caps. nod[1].gif

263
Edited by cbfn - 7/16/12 at 1:21am
post #1175 of 11385

Christian, that is a bad-ass mirror shine.  Puts mine to shame!

post #1176 of 11385

Thanks heaps Gosroth! Very useful!

Yeh I think i'll get the black captoe oxford 101273 - as they are more formal!

I've been trying to read through the 80 odd pages of this thread, and yeh, I've got the impression that that the Vil are quite narrow, though I do have a relatively narrow foot (not sure what size they are - 10.5cm wide at the widest part and 30cm long), I also do prefer the simpler style of the 10172 New Rey brown shoes, though they do seem a bit similar to the black captor oxfords 101273^^^ that I want to get, doesn't really matter though.

 

About sizing, I sent Meermin an email yesterday, inquiring about my sizing in the other two shoes I firstly suggested, I gave them the length and width of my foot in cm's, but I think now I will scan a photo of my traced foot with measurements, and send that in, and see what they suggest for the two shoes that I want stated above^. 

 

 

post #1177 of 11385

Christian are they the http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925# 101273 - S oxfords?

Look great!

post #1178 of 11385

Also, is it just me, or does the middle leather part (between the toe and laces) look odd, or is it just the lighting in the photo - http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925#

?

post #1179 of 11385
Yes, those are the ones, and they indeed look great. I'm not a big fan of black shoes, but it's something everybody needs and they absolutely have a important place in a man's collection.
And I don't understand what you mean about "weird"?
post #1180 of 11385

I mean is it a different kind of texture/leather? On the shoe on the right, the mid part looks like a different texture.... :\

post #1181 of 11385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Somebody further back mentioned that the Ama last was wider but more tapered so it was actually less room in the toes. I got wider feet for my size, but the Hiro fit is good in size 7. I do think about trying out the New Rey in a size 7.5 though.
On a another note;
First time in the wild. The shine is getting so mirrored I soon have to blur out my face from the caps. nod[1].gif
263

Christian, beautiful shine on your shoes ! Which kind of polish do you use to obtain such a mirror finish ?

Thanks in advance for letting me know,

ciao

Engi
post #1182 of 11385
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkentt View Post

I mean is it a different kind of texture/leather? On the shoe on the right, the mid part looks like a different texture.... :\

Nope, that might just be bad lighting, altough I can't actually see it.

Engi:Thank you, I only use Saphir products, if interested check out the official shoe care thread for tips and pointers. I get my supply from A Fine Pair of Shoes, great prices. Would recommend their wax, cream and especially the Saphir Renovateur.
post #1183 of 11385
To anyone who read my previous comments, I would like to retract them. The Paypal confirmations do not seem to have made it through my spam filter and the shoes were shipped on Friday of last week.

nod[1].gif
post #1184 of 11385

What is Meermins email? I want to send them the details of my feet! 

post #1185 of 11385
info@meermin.es
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes