Interesting responses so far on the loafers. But to everyone who answered so far, is that with or without socks?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 761post #11402 of 152868/30/14 at 9:41amQuote:
That's me then I guess
I can only comment on this one specific belt in Dark Brown Museum Calf which is kind of 'Linea maestro', so comparable. (I also have a few from the Classic line, i.e. in Tan Country Calf, these are great). I can't really recommend it - instead of 90cm it is only 88cm, the leather is very hard and stiff and won't readily bend, the craftmanship is not too excitingly well done. (Can add some pictures when I'm back next week) The Museum Calf leather itself is quite ok for a shoe, but I wouldn't recommend it as a belt. I'd assume Freudenberg might be similar.post #11403 of 152868/30/14 at 9:42ampost #11404 of 152868/30/14 at 9:56ampost #11405 of 152868/30/14 at 10:53ampost #11406 of 152868/30/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I own two RON loafers, one in the same size as my HIRO - this one is a tad narrow in the toe box but too wide in ankle and heel area, so no good fit. The other one I sized down .5 , it is too short and uncomfortable in the toe box, soe again no good fit.
That's what I meant above, I'm not a fan of sizing up or down to compensate for non-ideal lasts in relation to one's specific foot shape, but rather choose a different last (e.g. UETAM by Carmina for loafers, in my case)
How would you compare the HIRO and UETAM lasts?post #11407 of 152868/30/14 at 2:52pmQuote:
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)post #11408 of 152868/30/14 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)
SO helpful. Thanks!post #11409 of 152868/30/14 at 4:15pmpost #11410 of 152868/30/14 at 10:35pmI have a few questions, as I am "new to meermin". For 160 Euro / $210 USD (classic collection), a goodyear welted shoe seems too good to be true. From the pictures, they come with Dainite soles or beautifully waxed concealed channel leather soles?!!
1. How is the quality of the leather upper? Is it full grain?
2. What is the insole made of? Is it a single-layer thick piece of leather or a layered composite?
3. Is the layer between the insole/outsole corked or foamed?
4. Is the heel stack full leather/rubber or other materials (cardboard, cellulose)
5. Is the liner full leather, a leather/canvas mix, or a mix of animal skins?
Thanks!post #11411 of 152868/30/14 at 11:16pmpost #11412 of 152868/31/14 at 1:14am@leetpuma
Reading your post on installing toe taps yourself has me intrigued. I think it would be a valuable resource for people if you could submit a short guide and some pics of the process/results. I'd imagine it can't be too difficult to do and many cobblers (and some shoemakers as we've seen) do a so so job. Where do you buy. them, do you use screws nails etc? I think many people would find it helpful.
Thanks!post #11413 of 152868/31/14 at 8:09ampost #11414 of 152868/31/14 at 8:10ampost #11415 of 152868/31/14 at 8:13amQuote:
Hi, can I check how is the quality of the belt in terms of workmanship etc.
Would you recommend buying a belt Frm Meermin?
Opps. Just saw ur post up top. Pls ignore this post then
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1344 Active Users (300 Members and 1044 Guests)
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 37 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...