Interesting responses so far on the loafers. But to everyone who answered so far, is that with or without socks?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 761
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 136908/30/14 at 9:41amQuote:
That's me then I guess
I can only comment on this one specific belt in Dark Brown Museum Calf which is kind of 'Linea maestro', so comparable. (I also have a few from the Classic line, i.e. in Tan Country Calf, these are great). I can't really recommend it - instead of 90cm it is only 88cm, the leather is very hard and stiff and won't readily bend, the craftmanship is not too excitingly well done. (Can add some pictures when I'm back next week) The Museum Calf leather itself is quite ok for a shoe, but I wouldn't recommend it as a belt. I'd assume Freudenberg might be similar.post #11403 of 136908/30/14 at 9:42ampost #11404 of 136908/30/14 at 9:56ampost #11405 of 136908/30/14 at 10:53ampost #11406 of 136908/30/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I own two RON loafers, one in the same size as my HIRO - this one is a tad narrow in the toe box but too wide in ankle and heel area, so no good fit. The other one I sized down .5 , it is too short and uncomfortable in the toe box, soe again no good fit.
That's what I meant above, I'm not a fan of sizing up or down to compensate for non-ideal lasts in relation to one's specific foot shape, but rather choose a different last (e.g. UETAM by Carmina for loafers, in my case)
How would you compare the HIRO and UETAM lasts?post #11407 of 136908/30/14 at 2:52pmQuote:
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)post #11408 of 136908/30/14 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)
SO helpful. Thanks!post #11409 of 136908/30/14 at 4:15pmpost #11410 of 136908/30/14 at 10:35pmI have a few questions, as I am "new to meermin". For 160 Euro / $210 USD (classic collection), a goodyear welted shoe seems too good to be true. From the pictures, they come with Dainite soles or beautifully waxed concealed channel leather soles?!!
1. How is the quality of the leather upper? Is it full grain?
2. What is the insole made of? Is it a single-layer thick piece of leather or a layered composite?
3. Is the layer between the insole/outsole corked or foamed?
4. Is the heel stack full leather/rubber or other materials (cardboard, cellulose)
5. Is the liner full leather, a leather/canvas mix, or a mix of animal skins?
Thanks!post #11411 of 136908/30/14 at 11:16pmpost #11412 of 136908/31/14 at 1:14am@leetpuma
Reading your post on installing toe taps yourself has me intrigued. I think it would be a valuable resource for people if you could submit a short guide and some pics of the process/results. I'd imagine it can't be too difficult to do and many cobblers (and some shoemakers as we've seen) do a so so job. Where do you buy. them, do you use screws nails etc? I think many people would find it helpful.
Thanks!post #11413 of 136908/31/14 at 8:09ampost #11414 of 136908/31/14 at 8:10ampost #11415 of 136908/31/14 at 8:13amQuote:
Hi, can I check how is the quality of the belt in terms of workmanship etc.
Would you recommend buying a belt Frm Meermin?
Opps. Just saw ur post up top. Pls ignore this post then
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1005 Active Users (158 Members and 847 Guests)
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge, August 28th: Boots 'n Suits 6 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › P Johnson Suit 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › CROCKETT & JONES Handgrade Clifford, Tan Antique, UK 9, Excellent... 11 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe style for big feet 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015