Interesting responses so far on the loafers. But to everyone who answered so far, is that with or without socks?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 761
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 135108/30/14 at 9:41amQuote:
That's me then I guess
I can only comment on this one specific belt in Dark Brown Museum Calf which is kind of 'Linea maestro', so comparable. (I also have a few from the Classic line, i.e. in Tan Country Calf, these are great). I can't really recommend it - instead of 90cm it is only 88cm, the leather is very hard and stiff and won't readily bend, the craftmanship is not too excitingly well done. (Can add some pictures when I'm back next week) The Museum Calf leather itself is quite ok for a shoe, but I wouldn't recommend it as a belt. I'd assume Freudenberg might be similar.post #11403 of 135108/30/14 at 9:42ampost #11404 of 135108/30/14 at 9:56ampost #11405 of 135108/30/14 at 10:53ampost #11406 of 135108/30/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I own two RON loafers, one in the same size as my HIRO - this one is a tad narrow in the toe box but too wide in ankle and heel area, so no good fit. The other one I sized down .5 , it is too short and uncomfortable in the toe box, soe again no good fit.
That's what I meant above, I'm not a fan of sizing up or down to compensate for non-ideal lasts in relation to one's specific foot shape, but rather choose a different last (e.g. UETAM by Carmina for loafers, in my case)
How would you compare the HIRO and UETAM lasts?post #11407 of 135108/30/14 at 2:52pmQuote:
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)post #11408 of 135108/30/14 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)
SO helpful. Thanks!post #11409 of 135108/30/14 at 4:15pmpost #11410 of 135108/30/14 at 10:35pmI have a few questions, as I am "new to meermin". For 160 Euro / $210 USD (classic collection), a goodyear welted shoe seems too good to be true. From the pictures, they come with Dainite soles or beautifully waxed concealed channel leather soles?!!
1. How is the quality of the leather upper? Is it full grain?
2. What is the insole made of? Is it a single-layer thick piece of leather or a layered composite?
3. Is the layer between the insole/outsole corked or foamed?
4. Is the heel stack full leather/rubber or other materials (cardboard, cellulose)
5. Is the liner full leather, a leather/canvas mix, or a mix of animal skins?
Thanks!post #11411 of 135108/30/14 at 11:16pmpost #11412 of 135108/31/14 at 1:14am@leetpuma
Reading your post on installing toe taps yourself has me intrigued. I think it would be a valuable resource for people if you could submit a short guide and some pics of the process/results. I'd imagine it can't be too difficult to do and many cobblers (and some shoemakers as we've seen) do a so so job. Where do you buy. them, do you use screws nails etc? I think many people would find it helpful.
Thanks!post #11413 of 135108/31/14 at 8:09ampost #11414 of 135108/31/14 at 8:10ampost #11415 of 135108/31/14 at 8:13amQuote:
Hi, can I check how is the quality of the belt in terms of workmanship etc.
Would you recommend buying a belt Frm Meermin?
Opps. Just saw ur post up top. Pls ignore this post then
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1700 Active Users (349 Members and 1351 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › SAINT LAURENT overdyed t-shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...