Interesting responses so far on the loafers. But to everyone who answered so far, is that with or without socks?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 761post #11402 of 149238/30/14 at 9:41amQuote:
That's me then I guess
I can only comment on this one specific belt in Dark Brown Museum Calf which is kind of 'Linea maestro', so comparable. (I also have a few from the Classic line, i.e. in Tan Country Calf, these are great). I can't really recommend it - instead of 90cm it is only 88cm, the leather is very hard and stiff and won't readily bend, the craftmanship is not too excitingly well done. (Can add some pictures when I'm back next week) The Museum Calf leather itself is quite ok for a shoe, but I wouldn't recommend it as a belt. I'd assume Freudenberg might be similar.post #11403 of 149238/30/14 at 9:42ampost #11404 of 149238/30/14 at 9:56ampost #11405 of 149238/30/14 at 10:53ampost #11406 of 149238/30/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I own two RON loafers, one in the same size as my HIRO - this one is a tad narrow in the toe box but too wide in ankle and heel area, so no good fit. The other one I sized down .5 , it is too short and uncomfortable in the toe box, soe again no good fit.
That's what I meant above, I'm not a fan of sizing up or down to compensate for non-ideal lasts in relation to one's specific foot shape, but rather choose a different last (e.g. UETAM by Carmina for loafers, in my case)
How would you compare the HIRO and UETAM lasts?post #11407 of 149238/30/14 at 2:52pmQuote:
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)post #11408 of 149238/30/14 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bertel
I see both in the same size (UK 10.5 in my case). Front area / toe box is comparable, ankle and heel area is less wide in UETAM than in HIRO which makes it much more consistent and well-shaped / properly fitting in my view. For narrow/regular footers with small heels, I'd recommend UETAM over HIRO (not to mention Carmina's superior quality imho)
SO helpful. Thanks!post #11409 of 149238/30/14 at 4:15pmpost #11410 of 149238/30/14 at 10:35pmI have a few questions, as I am "new to meermin". For 160 Euro / $210 USD (classic collection), a goodyear welted shoe seems too good to be true. From the pictures, they come with Dainite soles or beautifully waxed concealed channel leather soles?!!
1. How is the quality of the leather upper? Is it full grain?
2. What is the insole made of? Is it a single-layer thick piece of leather or a layered composite?
3. Is the layer between the insole/outsole corked or foamed?
4. Is the heel stack full leather/rubber or other materials (cardboard, cellulose)
5. Is the liner full leather, a leather/canvas mix, or a mix of animal skins?
Thanks!post #11411 of 149238/30/14 at 11:16pmpost #11412 of 149238/31/14 at 1:14am@leetpuma
Reading your post on installing toe taps yourself has me intrigued. I think it would be a valuable resource for people if you could submit a short guide and some pics of the process/results. I'd imagine it can't be too difficult to do and many cobblers (and some shoemakers as we've seen) do a so so job. Where do you buy. them, do you use screws nails etc? I think many people would find it helpful.
Thanks!post #11413 of 149238/31/14 at 8:09ampost #11414 of 149238/31/14 at 8:10ampost #11415 of 149238/31/14 at 8:13amQuote:
Hi, can I check how is the quality of the belt in terms of workmanship etc.
Would you recommend buying a belt Frm Meermin?
Opps. Just saw ur post up top. Pls ignore this post then
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1446 Active Users (330 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 29 seconds ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Please, critic the fit of my shirt! ;) 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding