Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir RenovateurLast edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 741
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11102 of 144658/2/14 at 2:38pmpost #11103 of 144658/2/14 at 4:11pmQuote:
It's pretty insane. Hard to believe the dude could ever walk again, let alone play basketball. A testament to medical advancespost #11104 of 144658/2/14 at 5:38pmpost #11105 of 144658/2/14 at 9:57pmpost #11106 of 144658/2/14 at 10:17pmpost #11107 of 144658/3/14 at 3:33amQuote:
Another thing to bear in mind with Meermin MTO is that they charge more again if you want a wide fitting (+50), and again if you want a full or partial Norwegian welt (+100). If you want both you're up to Euros 510, which is still not crazy without VAT, but is starting to get firmly into Vass territory price wise. Add in sizing concerns and different ways and costs of shipping, and trees or any other extras, and try to work out exactly what your final cost is likely to be. Always worth comparing the maths for your order rather than the base price - I can see no-brainers in both directions depending on what I want.post #11108 of 144658/3/14 at 8:44ampost #11109 of 144658/3/14 at 10:15ampost #11110 of 144658/3/14 at 1:34pm
I just picked up my GMTO copper suede captoes from FedEx!
Here they are with my other GMTO Meermins:
Finally, I think some people had questions about how the new Park last looks compared to the Carmina Simpson last, so here are some side by side photos. I'll try and give some better impressions once I've worn the Meermin's a couple times, but here are a few initial ones: The Park last has a much more "square" toebox than the Simpson, particularly from the "nose-on" perspective. The Park is a bit roomier, but I'm a 9UK in both and that feels right. I'll know more once I've worn them a couple times.post #11111 of 144658/3/14 at 4:52pmpost #11112 of 144658/4/14 at 9:36ampost #11113 of 144658/4/14 at 10:19amQuote:
I am almost certain this is not the case. They are just finised in spain just as the regular line.
post #11114 of 144658/4/14 at 10:35ampost #11115 of 144658/5/14 at 6:20amQuote:Originally Posted by patliean1
- the construction is handwelted. (see gemming debates...)
- and the leather is higher quality
- the soles/shoe is more soft initally (from what I hear)
Nice pickup! Question for you @SidewinderX
Being the Simpson last is a more narrow fit than the Rain last, how narrow is the Park last? Hopefully it's more roomier than the New Ray last.
I have all 3 lasts and park is definitely wider than new rey or simpson. Heel grip is much better vs Simpson. I've always felt that carmina heels are just a bit loose. Having said that Carmina feels more solid compared to Meermin.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 42 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...