or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 711

post #10651 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefinitle View Post
 

Hi everyone! Been browsing SF quite a while, but first time joining and posting. I have a sizing question.

 

I fit very snug in in Allen Edmonds 9D (Park Avenue/5 Last), and was wondering what sizing I should go for? I emailed customer service with my measurements and was told to opt for a size 8UK on every last, but a 8.5 on the New Rey.

 

Here are my measurements:

- Width: 104mm

- Length: 264mm

 

After reading through a good 100 pages, I've seen a good amount of debate on which size fits. I'm not too worried about Hiro/Olfe - I'll probably go with a 8UK. BUT, i am worried about New Rey. Is the New Rey last really that more narrow than the Olfe or Hiro? And if I do get a 8.5UK for the New Rey, will the extra length offset the added width? The Linea Maestro model I want only comes in New Rey and I don't want to pay extra for MTO...

 

If anyone's interested, here are the shoes I'm looking at:

 

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1972

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=3966

 

If everything goes well, I'll update when they arrive.


You should NEVER buy new ray. Unless you really have abnormally thin feet.

you can only go as this as olfe/hiro if you are an 9D in AE.

 

New ray is closer to 9B in AE. (From what I hear)

 

You are either an 8.0UK-olfe or an 8.5-UK olfe. (I perfer olfe over hiro its more sleak and euro)

In a boot both would probably fit. But in an shoe you may want to chance it on the 8UK so you dont have heel slip.

post #10652 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post
 


You should NEVER buy new ray. Unless you really have abnormally thin feet.

you can only go as this as olfe/hiro if you are an 9D in AE.

 

New ray is closer to 9B in AE. (From what I hear)

 

You are either an 8.0UK-olfe or an 8.5-UK olfe. (I perfer olfe over hiro its more sleak and euro)

In a boot both would probably fit. But in an shoe you may want to chance it on the 8UK so you dont have heel slip.

 

BTW your measurements look almost the same as mine.

 

104X267mm and I bought an 7.5UK my first time. And it was very snug but not bad. I think 8UK in OLFE is right for those numbers.

I think 8.5UK -OLFE would be too big. And DEFINELTY do not get the new ray.

post #10653 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbayvip View Post
 

I have a problem with Meermin, and would appreciate some advice.

 

I have placed my first order approximately 45 days ago. I received the confirmation, and waited for the invoice. 15 days ago I received an e-mail from Meermin stating that the shoes are almost ready, and that I should finalize the payment.

 

I paid through PayPal, exactly the amount stated in the invoice (shoes+shipping), and last Friday I received the shipment confirmation from Fedex.

 

Yesterday I received an e-mail via PayPal that Meermin would like me to pay the additional sum of 49 Euro, no notice from the seller attached. I have sent two e-mails to Meermin yesterday, asking what is this about, and received no reply.

 

Fedex tracking shows that the shipment still has not been picked up from Meermin.

 

Anyone had an experience like this?


The ordering system probably messed up. Just keep emailing them until they reply.

post #10654 of 11012

double post


Edited by indefinitle - 6/10/14 at 2:27pm
post #10655 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post
 

 

BTW your measurements look almost the same as mine.

 

104X267mm and I bought an 7.5UK my first time. And it was very snug but not bad. I think 8UK in OLFE is right for those numbers.

I think 8.5UK -OLFE would be too big. And DEFINELTY do not get the new ray.

 

Ah alright thanks! Do you think it's worth doing an MTO for the Dark Brown LM naturcalfs? Basically, I'll be switching from a New Rey to an Olfe last. I'll probably change some others too, but that's the gist. Price wise, it would probably be upwards to $350, but that's essentially the same retail price as AE's

post #10656 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post
 

^Having had a pair of the cannons i can say that they are a quality shoe for the price.

 

My experience with Meermin v Loake is lesser quality materials are used in the Meermin classic resulting in a shoe which is less comfortable, takes longer to break in etc.

 

Faced with the two in front of me i would always go for the Loake.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contango View Post


I've recently bought a pair of Loake Aldwych on the Capital last which I believe the Cannons also use (my first Loakes in many, many years) and my first pair of Meermin on the Hiro last.

I order the same size in each, the Loake came in slightly too big but still wearable and after only about 3 years they started to become comfortable. The last doesn't look as sleek as I'd like (a bit wide at the widest point, but at the same time it gives me the space I need), but still happy with them - moderately sleek and elongated.

The Meermin came in far too small and look very short - like I'm wearing kid's shoes almost! After getting the local cobbler to stretch them a couple of time they fit OK when I first put them on, but I get more pain on one heel than I've had from a pair of shoes in years. I must've been accommodating for it too much because I ended up with two days of leg cramps after wearing them! They still look small of course. The Hiro last is also pretty rounded and boring in real life IMO.

Both seem quite solid and I can't tell any difference in the quality of the uppers, however the soles on the Meermin look like they won't last as long.

A world of difference in the ordering process - received my request for payment when the shoes were allegedly ready to ship, paid straight away. No update in my website status. Emailed them a week later to check and received no response. Emailed a couple of weeks later again and got a message saying that they should've already been sent and that they would get back to me with an update. No update was received however a week later I got an email saying that they'd shipped. Ordering my Loakes from Herring couldn't have been easier and faster however.

Loake would be my preference going forward in this price range. I might consider Meermin again depending on the exchange rate when the new Park last is released, but I'd be sizing up a full size (and perhaps down a half size in Loake).

I do like the option to have a steel toecap installed by Meermin (didn't select it on my first pair) since I wear through the soles there pretty quickly, not sure how it would affect getting them resoled down the track.

 

Thank you to both of you for your complete and comprehensive responses.

 

I have since decided to purchase the Loake Cannons, and I am currently in the process of ordering them.

post #10657 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post
 


Meermin changes it models frequenly and cordovan models are especially fickle.

 

It is discountinued atm. You could email Luisa and see if they will still make it. Without the MTO upcharge.

 

If you need them for an event I would steer clear. Otherwise they may comeback meermin has been adding more models recently.(But dont expect anything.)

Thanks for the feedback! Well, that's what I had expected (and feared, unfortunately).

I'll follow your advice to contact Luisa, but I will need the shoes in Mid-September, so I suppose it won't work out...

post #10658 of 11012
Meermin plum museums arrived today. 2 months from date of order until they arrived this morning.

Pics to come, just slapped a coat of reno on them.
post #10659 of 11012

Hi Guys,

 

We hope you are doing great!

 

We wanted to touch base & thank you all for your interest in Meermin. 

 

We are excited to inform you know that currently, we are working hard on a brand new website, which will be much more informative & easy to use than the current, which we expect to have operative in the coming weeks!

 

Also we wanted to give you a quick update with some pictures of new styles we recently added to our RTW Classic collection. From colorful brogues, spring suede chukka boots, to some rubber soled full brogue wingtips.

 

A part from that we are working on many new offerings for both Our Classic & our Linea Maestro Collections. New calf & suede colors, new crust calf offerings, An interesting selection of balmoral boots, many new offerings in the exclusives Museum calf & french Naturcalf, and also some of them in Shell Cordovan! We will keep you updated!!

 

#101468 in Navy suede

 

 

#101468 in Maracca Suede

 

 

#101509 In Dark brown Suede

 

 

#101507 Green Crust calf

 

 

#101507 Oak Crust calf

 

 

Again, thank you very much for all your interest & support! We really appreciate it.

 

Have a nice day!

 

- The Meermin team -

 

 


 

Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

 

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

MTO inquiries please email us at MTO@meermin.es

 

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter  ·  Pinterest

post #10660 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kankles View Post

Meermin plum museums arrived today. 2 months from date of order until they arrived this morning.



Pics to come, just slapped a coat of reno on them.

 



the shoes are probably just produced from the factory. do you find it necessary to clean them already? How are the results?

I only reno shoes that I suspect have been sitting on shevles for a bit ie., AE seconds.
post #10661 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meermin View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

We are working hard on a brand new website...

 

That's great.  Will it show whether or not the shoes displayed are actually available in stock?  Aside from quality control, this seems to be the leading cause of misunderstandings now - people ordering stuff from the website that you don't actually have (my last pair took two months, despite showing as in stock).  Please tie your web ordering system to your stock system - nobody minds waiting a few weeks for their shoes, but it's so important to understand whether they are in stock or on order.  It's just a simple matter of managing expectations, and will improve your reputation greatly.

post #10662 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 

That's great.  Will it show whether or not the shoes displayed are actually available in stock?  Aside from quality control, this seems to be the leading cause of misunderstandings now - people ordering stuff from the website that you don't actually have (my last pair took two months, despite showing as in stock).  Please tie your web ordering system to your stock system - nobody minds waiting a few weeks for their shoes, but it's so important to understand whether they are in stock or on order.  It's just a simple matter of managing expectations, and will improve your reputation greatly.

 

 

Hi mimo,

 

Thank you very much for your comments!

 

We understand that, and our goal is to have a completely updated stock displayed online, we still working on it. Currently we are asking 30 days to deliver the shoes since some sizes of the of the styles offered are not in stock, but nowadays, we are delivering most of the orders way before the requested 30 days. Said that, we understand that is not the most common way of operating online, but unfortunately is the one we can offer at the moment, but you can be sure we are working hard to improve it asap!

 

Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate them!

 

- The Meermin team -

 

 


 

Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

 

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

MTO inquiries please email us at MTO@meermin.es

 

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter  ·  Pinterest

post #10663 of 11012

Any update on the brown museum calf being added to LM?

post #10664 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankles View Post

Meermin plum museums arrived today. 2 months from date of order until they arrived this morning.



Pics to come, just slapped a coat of reno on them.

 



the shoes are probably just produced from the factory. do you find it necessary to clean them already? How are the results?

I only reno shoes that I suspect have been sitting on shevles for a bit ie., AE seconds.

Habit rather than necessity. For new shoes put a quick coat of reno or cream before I give them a more thorough wax polish.
post #10665 of 11012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meermin View Post
 

 

 

Hi mimo,

 

Thank you very much for your comments!

 

We understand that, and our goal is to have a completely updated stock displayed online, we still working on it. Currently we are asking 30 days to deliver the shoes since some sizes of the of the styles offered are not in stock, but nowadays, we are delivering most of the orders way before the requested 30 days. Said that, we understand that is not the most common way of operating online, but unfortunately is the one we can offer at the moment, but you can be sure we are working hard to improve it asap!

 

Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate them!

 

- The Meermin team -

 

 


 

Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

 

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

MTO inquiries please email us at MTO@meermin.es

 

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter  ·  Pinterest


You could very easily add a bar coding system to real time track your inventory. Would cost you the price of a pair or two of shoes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes