or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 684

post #10246 of 12104

FYI all, they added the new string loafer in Maracca Suede to the site today!  Going to send them an email and switch my order for the snuff ones to maracca - looks more spring/summer appropriate now that I see them side by side.

post #10247 of 12104

Definitely more happy endings than sad oneSSSS! Probably a silly question: Meermin said the belt measurements are from the 'buckle to the middle hole' - I suppose this means the end edge of the buckle? And how are the belts JP?

post #10248 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post


What does closed mean?

Believe it's the leather patterns being sewn together. Basically a flat version of the existing shoe before it's moulded onto the last.
post #10249 of 12104

^^ Yes:

 

Clicking: cutting the pattern pieces out of the leather

Closing: sewing them together

Lasting: pinning the closed pattern onto the last

Welting: attaching the welt to the insole

Making: attaching the sole and removing the last

Finishing: final trimming, polishing and burnishing

post #10250 of 12104
Thanks JP. Did you get hit with import duties twice?
post #10251 of 12104
Just some info on import duties for anyone that's curious... Got my bill from FedEx.

Cost of 2 pairs @ conversion rate of 1.3761 that FedEx used = $378. The tax was 5% (18.90) plus an Advancement Fee of 6.50 so the total duties are $25.40.
post #10252 of 12104
Appealing to owners of both AE and Meermin

I wear a 8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last and 9D in the AE 1-511 last and 9E in the AE 2-222 last.

Do you think a UK8 in the new Rey last would fit me well?
post #10253 of 12104
Hey do I have to pay full VAT on a US Order? How does the whole international taxing thing work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
post #10254 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Appealing to owners of both AE and Meermin

I wear a 8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last and 9D in the AE 1-511 last and 9E in the AE 2-222 last.

Do you think a UK8 in the new Rey last would fit me well?


Please search the rest of this thread. You have fat feet.

New ray will not fit you.

Ofle/Hiro will probably barely fit you. But i would not take the risk with E size feet.

post #10255 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDonDraper View Post

Hey do I have to pay full VAT on a US Order? How does the whole international taxing thing work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4


if the webpage says 260

 

 

 

you pay 260/1.21 EU+35 EU

 

 

the 1.21 division is to remove vat for US orders

post #10256 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post


Believe it's the leather patterns being sewn together. Basically a flat version of the existing shoe before it's moulded onto the last.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

^^ Yes:

 

Clicking: cutting the pattern pieces out of the leather

Closing: sewing them together

Lasting: pinning the closed pattern onto the last

Welting: attaching the welt to the insole

Making: attaching the sole and removing the last

Finishing: final trimming, polishing and burnishing

 

O_O

 

Thanks for the lesson in terminology!!!

post #10257 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickInTO View Post

Thanks JP. Did you get hit with import duties twice?

Should have mentioned that I'm a Londoner so duty was never an issue for me.

post #10258 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Appealing to owners of both AE and Meermin

I wear a 8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last and 9D in the AE 1-511 last and 9E in the AE 2-222 last.

Do you think a UK8 in the new Rey last would fit me well?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post
 


Please search the rest of this thread. You have fat feet.

New ray will not fit you.

Ofle/Hiro will probably barely fit you. But i would not take the risk with E size feet.

 

I wear the same sizes in the AE lasts. I have a 8.5 Hiro Double Monk which has some heel slip (I think it's probably a little long). i tried on an 8UK in the Olfe at the trunk show and it fit great. I think an 8 UK in Hiro/Olfe will be fine for you since the 5 and 2 lasts are narrow anyway. 

 

New Rey....I doubt it. From what I read, it barely fits normal width feet. If you do, you'd likely have to go 8.5UK and you'd be compromising fit elsewhere. 

post #10259 of 12104

Why did meermin stop selling some awesome shoes ?

for example:

-scotch grain double monk

-tan wholecut

post #10260 of 12104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feryll View Post
 

Why did meermin stop selling some awesome shoes ?

for example:

-scotch grain double monk

-tan wholecut

Truthfully what happens is they realease trendy shoes that have a 1 year fashion half life.

Once they stop selling they cut them and put something else out. 

 

These models are probably no longer selling now. So they were replaced by other things. You can always MTO them if you like them enough.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes