Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 683post #10231 of 136884/22/14 at 3:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10232 of 136884/22/14 at 3:53ampost #10233 of 136884/22/14 at 3:59ampost #10234 of 136884/22/14 at 4:03ampost #10235 of 136884/22/14 at 5:28amQuote:
Yep, lots of little sole things. Sole splitting, heel problems, extremely fast wearing of a sole. I own 4 Meermin pairs, 2 classic and 2 LM, and they've all had some problems.post #10236 of 136884/22/14 at 7:28amQuote:
What does closed mean?post #10237 of 136884/22/14 at 3:10pmpost #10238 of 136884/22/14 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by NickInTO
After waiting a month and paying $185 in import fees my 2 pairs of Meermins arrived! But they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK9, the box says UK9, but the shoes inside were UK10.5. Now I have to go through the nightmare of an international return.
Ever feel like a born loser?
Sorry to hear about that - I can only imagine how frustrating that is, especially with how long it can take to correspond with Pepe. It will be a sweet, sweet, day when it finally arrives. Hopefully it's not too complicated to avoid duplicate import feespost #10239 of 136884/22/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
At this point I think I'm just going to return it all and be done with it. Unless someone in Toronto wants to buy a pair of the Classic line black oxford captoes in UK10.5.post #10240 of 136884/22/14 at 4:33pmpost #10241 of 136884/22/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
It's not a great first impression on their part, to be honest. I guess I'll wait see what they do to make it right, and how quickly, before I make a final judgement.post #10242 of 136884/22/14 at 6:51pmQuote:
It does suck but its not the end of the world.
Since meermin is at fault I am sure they will pay for all problems. And I have a hunch that the customs fees can be refunded as the purchace is null and void.
It is time waisted but it likely will turnout okay.
But if it does happen and if meermin is at fault they will pay.Quote:
If the item is returned due to a manufacturing defect or quality by which MEERMIN is responsible, we will refund the full amount within 10 business days. The subscription will automatically be made on the same credit card or bank account specified by the customer, depending on the method of payment that has been used.
In the case of changes, the buyer is responsible for all delivery and collection costs. Once we have received the articles/s, we will send the new size or model/s, using the same service that was used for the original purchase at no cost to the client.post #10243 of 136884/22/14 at 7:13pm
Had a very similar thing happen to me about 7 months back. Ordered the dark brown suede chukkas in a UK7, I received a box which said UK7 but the boots were UK8.5. I sent off an email and got a fairly rapid response apologizing and detailing what I needed to do by way of returning them. The correct size was sent out as soon as the return was received and there was no quibble in refunding the hefty fee it'd cost me to ship them back (about three times what they charge to post out); fairly certain they didn't even ask me to scan a copy of the postage receipt.
I was obviously very disappointed when I first received the boots and as someone quite young and new to the world of decent shoes it certainly made me sceptical about ordering from abroad again. However, the manner in which they handled the returns process combined with the quality of the product I eventually received has led me to straight back to Meermin.
About 5 weeks ago I placed a double order for the plum museums and black toe caps from the linea maestro. 3 weeks after making the order, impatience got the better of me and I requested an update. I got a quick reply from Sandro detailing their late receipt of the plum museum and how that had been holding up orders, he offered to send out the black toe caps immediately and then the plums as and when they were ready (which he predicted to be about now) at no extra cost. I gladly accepted and received the first pair along with 2 belts - whose size I had changed post initial order - last week; all the sizes were fine and the shoes seem fantastic thus far.
There are points of frustration and areas in which they could make simple effective improvements, but their quality for the price seems fantastic value and having only ever found them fantastic to deal with in terms of customer service I suspect it won't be too long before I place another order.post #10244 of 136884/22/14 at 7:38pmpost #10245 of 136884/22/14 at 7:46pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015