Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 683post #10231 of 157174/22/14 at 3:21ampost #10232 of 157174/22/14 at 3:53ampost #10233 of 157174/22/14 at 3:59ampost #10234 of 157174/22/14 at 4:03ampost #10235 of 157174/22/14 at 5:28amQuote:
Yep, lots of little sole things. Sole splitting, heel problems, extremely fast wearing of a sole. I own 4 Meermin pairs, 2 classic and 2 LM, and they've all had some problems.post #10236 of 157174/22/14 at 7:28amQuote:
What does closed mean?post #10237 of 157174/22/14 at 3:10pmpost #10238 of 157174/22/14 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by NickInTO
After waiting a month and paying $185 in import fees my 2 pairs of Meermins arrived! But they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK9, the box says UK9, but the shoes inside were UK10.5. Now I have to go through the nightmare of an international return.
Ever feel like a born loser?
Sorry to hear about that - I can only imagine how frustrating that is, especially with how long it can take to correspond with Pepe. It will be a sweet, sweet, day when it finally arrives. Hopefully it's not too complicated to avoid duplicate import feespost #10239 of 157174/22/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
At this point I think I'm just going to return it all and be done with it. Unless someone in Toronto wants to buy a pair of the Classic line black oxford captoes in UK10.5.post #10240 of 157174/22/14 at 4:33pmpost #10241 of 157174/22/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
It's not a great first impression on their part, to be honest. I guess I'll wait see what they do to make it right, and how quickly, before I make a final judgement.post #10242 of 157174/22/14 at 6:51pmQuote:
It does suck but its not the end of the world.
Since meermin is at fault I am sure they will pay for all problems. And I have a hunch that the customs fees can be refunded as the purchace is null and void.
It is time waisted but it likely will turnout okay.
But if it does happen and if meermin is at fault they will pay.Quote:
If the item is returned due to a manufacturing defect or quality by which MEERMIN is responsible, we will refund the full amount within 10 business days. The subscription will automatically be made on the same credit card or bank account specified by the customer, depending on the method of payment that has been used.
In the case of changes, the buyer is responsible for all delivery and collection costs. Once we have received the articles/s, we will send the new size or model/s, using the same service that was used for the original purchase at no cost to the client.post #10243 of 157174/22/14 at 7:13pm
Had a very similar thing happen to me about 7 months back. Ordered the dark brown suede chukkas in a UK7, I received a box which said UK7 but the boots were UK8.5. I sent off an email and got a fairly rapid response apologizing and detailing what I needed to do by way of returning them. The correct size was sent out as soon as the return was received and there was no quibble in refunding the hefty fee it'd cost me to ship them back (about three times what they charge to post out); fairly certain they didn't even ask me to scan a copy of the postage receipt.
I was obviously very disappointed when I first received the boots and as someone quite young and new to the world of decent shoes it certainly made me sceptical about ordering from abroad again. However, the manner in which they handled the returns process combined with the quality of the product I eventually received has led me to straight back to Meermin.
About 5 weeks ago I placed a double order for the plum museums and black toe caps from the linea maestro. 3 weeks after making the order, impatience got the better of me and I requested an update. I got a quick reply from Sandro detailing their late receipt of the plum museum and how that had been holding up orders, he offered to send out the black toe caps immediately and then the plums as and when they were ready (which he predicted to be about now) at no extra cost. I gladly accepted and received the first pair along with 2 belts - whose size I had changed post initial order - last week; all the sizes were fine and the shoes seem fantastic thus far.
There are points of frustration and areas in which they could make simple effective improvements, but their quality for the price seems fantastic value and having only ever found them fantastic to deal with in terms of customer service I suspect it won't be too long before I place another order.post #10244 of 157174/22/14 at 7:38pmpost #10245 of 157174/22/14 at 7:46pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › My taste exceeds my budget, but I need a good fit 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 26 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 37 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for RL cordovan loafers 11d 38 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 43 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 46 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 52 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 59 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway