Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 683post #10231 of 150964/22/14 at 3:21ampost #10232 of 150964/22/14 at 3:53ampost #10233 of 150964/22/14 at 3:59ampost #10234 of 150964/22/14 at 4:03ampost #10235 of 150964/22/14 at 5:28amQuote:
Yep, lots of little sole things. Sole splitting, heel problems, extremely fast wearing of a sole. I own 4 Meermin pairs, 2 classic and 2 LM, and they've all had some problems.post #10236 of 150964/22/14 at 7:28amQuote:
What does closed mean?post #10237 of 150964/22/14 at 3:10pmpost #10238 of 150964/22/14 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by NickInTO
After waiting a month and paying $185 in import fees my 2 pairs of Meermins arrived! But they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK9, the box says UK9, but the shoes inside were UK10.5. Now I have to go through the nightmare of an international return.
Ever feel like a born loser?
Sorry to hear about that - I can only imagine how frustrating that is, especially with how long it can take to correspond with Pepe. It will be a sweet, sweet, day when it finally arrives. Hopefully it's not too complicated to avoid duplicate import feespost #10239 of 150964/22/14 at 3:30pmQuote:
At this point I think I'm just going to return it all and be done with it. Unless someone in Toronto wants to buy a pair of the Classic line black oxford captoes in UK10.5.post #10240 of 150964/22/14 at 4:33pmpost #10241 of 150964/22/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
It's not a great first impression on their part, to be honest. I guess I'll wait see what they do to make it right, and how quickly, before I make a final judgement.post #10242 of 150964/22/14 at 6:51pmQuote:
It does suck but its not the end of the world.
Since meermin is at fault I am sure they will pay for all problems. And I have a hunch that the customs fees can be refunded as the purchace is null and void.
It is time waisted but it likely will turnout okay.
But if it does happen and if meermin is at fault they will pay.Quote:
If the item is returned due to a manufacturing defect or quality by which MEERMIN is responsible, we will refund the full amount within 10 business days. The subscription will automatically be made on the same credit card or bank account specified by the customer, depending on the method of payment that has been used.
In the case of changes, the buyer is responsible for all delivery and collection costs. Once we have received the articles/s, we will send the new size or model/s, using the same service that was used for the original purchase at no cost to the client.post #10243 of 150964/22/14 at 7:13pm
Had a very similar thing happen to me about 7 months back. Ordered the dark brown suede chukkas in a UK7, I received a box which said UK7 but the boots were UK8.5. I sent off an email and got a fairly rapid response apologizing and detailing what I needed to do by way of returning them. The correct size was sent out as soon as the return was received and there was no quibble in refunding the hefty fee it'd cost me to ship them back (about three times what they charge to post out); fairly certain they didn't even ask me to scan a copy of the postage receipt.
I was obviously very disappointed when I first received the boots and as someone quite young and new to the world of decent shoes it certainly made me sceptical about ordering from abroad again. However, the manner in which they handled the returns process combined with the quality of the product I eventually received has led me to straight back to Meermin.
About 5 weeks ago I placed a double order for the plum museums and black toe caps from the linea maestro. 3 weeks after making the order, impatience got the better of me and I requested an update. I got a quick reply from Sandro detailing their late receipt of the plum museum and how that had been holding up orders, he offered to send out the black toe caps immediately and then the plums as and when they were ready (which he predicted to be about now) at no extra cost. I gladly accepted and received the first pair along with 2 belts - whose size I had changed post initial order - last week; all the sizes were fine and the shoes seem fantastic thus far.
There are points of frustration and areas in which they could make simple effective improvements, but their quality for the price seems fantastic value and having only ever found them fantastic to deal with in terms of customer service I suspect it won't be too long before I place another order.post #10244 of 150964/22/14 at 7:38pmpost #10245 of 150964/22/14 at 7:46pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Crockett and Jones UK 7.5E Grasmere 41 minutes ago
- › Video Games 43 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 50 minutes ago
- › P Johnson Goodies 36-38(slim) 54 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › How to take care of driving shoes? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding