or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 69

post #1021 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Quote:
biggrin.gif should i understand your answer as if this is a "hot" subject?

I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it.
post #1022 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsmoreshoes View Post

 

Not gemmed? Wow, price-wise that's a fairly incredible feature, pretty much every English RTW/MTO shoe is gemmed regardless of price.

 

I can't see gemming in the posted GY-2 construction picture (it's there on GY-1 as expected, though).

Don't know how they manage to offer this at a low price. I guess not-so-good leather and finishing...

post #1023 of 11386
And I'd live happier if I do not know, or what?

Show me the damned door and I'll happily walk through it.
post #1024 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

And I'd live happier if I do not know, or what?
Show me the damned door and I'll happily walk through it.

 http://www.styleforum.net/t/153269/deconstructed-fashion-plate/0_40

post #1025 of 11386
Thanx!
post #1026 of 11386
People asking about Aldo shoes = hot.
This is sizzling.
post #1027 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

 

I can't see gemming in the posted GY-2 construction picture (it's there on GY-1 as expected, though).

Don't know how they manage to offer this at a low price. I guess not-so-good leather and finishing...

 

GY2 is hand welted thus no gemming?  Also, price of labor costs and margin.  Probably cheaper to hire a hand welting laborer in Spain/Romania than, say, France/UK.

post #1028 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

GY2 is hand welted thus no gemming?  Also, price of labor costs and margin.  Probably cheaper to hire a hand welting laborer in Spain/Romania than, say, France/UK.

Correct - hand welted - no gemming. Amazing for the price.
post #1029 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post


Correct - hand welted - no gemming. Amazing for the price.


Vass price isn't that much higher, just their communication aint that great...

post #1030 of 11386
I have to confess to being less enthralled with the color of the dark brown calf – while it has an awesome mid-brown/red-ish color in some of the photos in this thread, in indoors light I find it to be a rather dull dark brown.
 
Sorry for the noob question, but is it possible/advisable to lighten up this dark brown with a lighter/ more red-ish shoe polish?
Or is putting a lighter polish on a darker shoe always a bad idea?
post #1031 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Correct - hand welted - no gemming. Amazing for the price.


Vass price isn't that much higher, just their communication aint that great...

Vass price is almost double, unless you are visiting the shop itself.
post #1032 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Vass price isn't that much higher, just their communication aint that great...

Not to worry. I'm definitely trying Vass next.
post #1033 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Not to worry. I'm definitely trying Vass next.

Ive been meaning to order some Vass but Carmina has me by the balls, atm. Perfect styling, exceptional quality, and variety of shell colors at reasonable prices are reasons why ill continue to buy Carmina. Still waiting for my Meermin MTO to compare quality.
post #1034 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Vass price isn't that much higher, just their communication aint that great...

Orly?

More expensive by a lotfight[1].gif

post #1035 of 11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post


Vass price is almost double, unless you are visiting the shop itself.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Orly?

More expensive by a lotfight%5B1%5D.gif



Meermin hand lasted shoes costs EUR 285 including trees.  Vass is EUR 390, EUR 420 for Ugolini collab.   EUR 105 might be 'a lot', but not double by any math.

 

Customer service/shipping/etc is another story.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes