I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 69post #1021 of 144147/2/12 at 12:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 144147/2/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
I can't see gemming in the posted GY-2 construction picture (it's there on GY-1 as expected, though).
Don't know how they manage to offer this at a low price. I guess not-so-good leather and finishing...post #1023 of 144147/2/12 at 12:28pmpost #1024 of 144147/2/12 at 12:33pmQuote:post #1025 of 144147/2/12 at 12:36pmpost #1026 of 144147/2/12 at 1:36pmpost #1027 of 144147/2/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
GY2 is hand welted thus no gemming? Also, price of labor costs and margin. Probably cheaper to hire a hand welting laborer in Spain/Romania than, say, France/UK.post #1028 of 144147/2/12 at 3:07pmpost #1029 of 144147/2/12 at 3:19pmpost #1030 of 144147/2/12 at 3:32pmI have to confess to being less enthralled with the color of the dark brown calf – while it has an awesome mid-brown/red-ish color in some of the photos in this thread, in indoors light I find it to be a rather dull dark brown.Sorry for the noob question, but is it possible/advisable to lighten up this dark brown with a lighter/ more red-ish shoe polish?Or is putting a lighter polish on a darker shoe always a bad idea?post #1031 of 144147/2/12 at 4:41pmpost #1032 of 144147/2/12 at 4:58pmpost #1033 of 144147/2/12 at 5:58pm
Ive been meaning to order some Vass but Carmina has me by the balls, atm. Perfect styling, exceptional quality, and variety of shell colors at reasonable prices are reasons why ill continue to buy Carmina. Still waiting for my Meermin MTO to compare quality.post #1034 of 144147/2/12 at 6:14pmpost #1035 of 144147/2/12 at 9:41pmQuote:
Meermin hand lasted shoes costs EUR 285 including trees. Vass is EUR 390, EUR 420 for Ugolini collab. EUR 105 might be 'a lot', but not double by any math.
Customer service/shipping/etc is another story.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work? 2 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe care questions from a newbie (yes, I've done thorough research) 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...